Senior financial professional, with substantial experience in planning, developing and executing corporate growth, value and acquisition / divestiture strategies. Initiated, negotiated and closed mergers, divestitures and recapitalizations in a wide range of industries. Analytical, evaluation and planning skills provided management with innovative strategies and guidance to enhance growth and value. Advised CEO-level clients in exit planning, risk management and return on investment.
THE MARCH GROUP, Irvine, CA 2006-Present
A private investment banking firm, providing buy- and sell-side mergers & acquisitions, private placement and recapitalization services for middle-market companies. Eleven U.S. and foreign offices.
Representing The March Group in its California investment banking transactions.
ACQUISITION & DIVESTITURE STRATEGIES LLC, Mission Viejo, CA 2005-2006
Independent mergers and acquisitions consulting project work for middle-market clients.
Project work has included offering memorandum development, valuation, and M&A strategy consulting.
CITIGROUP CAPITAL STRATEGIES INC., Laguna Hills, CA 1988-2005
Investment bank providing merger, acquisition, divestiture and recapitalization services for middle-market companies.
Senior Vice President, Mergers and Acquisitions (1998-2005)
Vice President, Mergers and Acquisitions (1996-1998)
Assistant Vice President, Mergers and Acquisitions (1993-1996)
Managed three to four simultaneous active engagements, utilizing three-person, ad-hoc teams of bankers plus support staff. Focus on transactions in a variety of industries within the lower middle-market.
• Completed 36 investment banking transactions from initiation to closing by sourcing acquirers, structuring transactions, negotiating Letters of Intent and Purchase Agreements, and managing due diligence.
• Developed creative deal structures which enabled corporate and financial acquirers to meet the financial and emotional needs of the entrepreneur and intellectual-property seller.
• Rapid understanding of key client strengths and industry metrics expedited ability to lead transactions in a wide range of industries, including IT development, service and staffing, medical products manufacturing, healthcare services, food processing and distribution, publishing and public relations, general manufacturing, industrial distribution, and business services.
• Accurate perception of the strategic goals of the opposite party enhanced negotiating position vis-a-vis leading corporations and private equity groups, including Ogilvy Worldwide, Kroll Inc., bioMerieux SA, Waste Connections Inc., KRG Capital Partners LLP and Sandler Capital Management.
• Developed strategies to enhance client companies' market value by improving product and market focus, quality of earnings, management structure, and other factors. Managed up to $40 million in concurrent transaction inventory.
Evaluation Associate (1991-1993)
Market Manager (1990)
Senior Market Analyst (1989)
Market Analyst (1988)
Supervised a group of five market analysts in evaluation of client companies and preparation of presentation materials.
• Developed opinion of Fair Market Value by evaluating operations, products and services, technologies, customer base, financial performance, and industry and market position; used discounted cash flow modeling and industry comparable transactions and companies.
• Readied companies for the mergers and acquisition market by preparing offering memoranda, evaluation reports and other documentation.
• Determined Fair Market Value and developed offering documents for more than 100 corporations.
Graziadio School of Business and Management
Pepperdine University, Los Angeles, CA
University Of Chicago, Chicago, IL
Held NASD Series 7 and Series 63 – Registered Representative.
“Gain and Risk In Mergers & Acquisitions” Developed and delivered informational presentation to professional societies and business groups, including Orange County Bar Association, Orange County Licensing Executives Society, IE TechSource of Riverside/San Bernardino Counties, Orange County FENG, and other groups.
AWARDS - CITIGROUP GENEVA CAPITAL STRATEGIES INC.
Private Transaction Group:
Best Engagement Agreement Signing Rate, 2003
Most Completed Transactions, 2002
Top Gun, 2002 - Vogel Team
Revenue Contribution Of Over $1 Million, 2001
Number One In Closings, 1997
“Proposal For A Revised Strategic Alignment”, 1991