DAN SEIDER, CGEIT, CISA, CISM
P. O. Box 835812, Richardson, Texas 75083
email@example.com, Cell: 214 708 - 4818
TECHNOLOGY PROJECTS and PROGRAMS PRINCIPAL
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT, GLOBAL OPERATIONS, CLIENT MANAGEMENT, SECURITY, GRC, PCI, PII, SOX
Agile, hands on Project Program leader with exceptional track record of visioning, architecting and implementing multiple large and highly complex delivery programs in the US and internationally. An accomplished leader partnering with clients, executive management, and all stakeholders, using risk based management techniques to: reduce corporate liability, mitigate risk, provide regulatory compliance, turnaround high risk and vulnerable deployments, and deliver quality implementations on time, which exceeded P&L / ROI targets and deliver client satisfaction.
A seasoned leader with experience in retail, financial, healthcare, technology, capital, energy, consumer, and regulated Fortune 500 through start-up companies. Representative companies: Shearson Lehman Brothers, Boston Scientific, Chemical Bank, McAfee, Deutsche Bank, Jet Propulsion Laboratory (NASA), Northrop, Granger, LSG-Sky-Chefs, Moore, Newport Laboratories (pharmaceuticals), Defense Intelligence Agency, Bosch Automotive, Good Shepherd hospital, Cornell Laboratories, and multiple small and startup companies. Proven core competencies include:
> Program Office (PMO): governance, portfolio, resource, schedule (waterfall, agile) management,
> Subject Matter Expert (SME) in diverse traditional Infrastructure technologies Networks, Datacenters, physical security, DR/BC, Middleware and Applications,
> Risk Analysis and Mitigation planning and implementation processes,
> Stakeholder Relationship Management,
> Best Practices, Policy Development, and Continuous Improvement,
> Building global governance and framework (e.g. COBIT, ISO, NIST) based IT architectures,
> Fixing / resolving troubled projects and Turnaround Management,
> Regulatory compliance (e.g. Privacy, PII, Safe Harbor, PCI, SOX, HIPAA, GLB, FDA),
> Service delivery models: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Security , Solution and Information Architectures,
> Business Process and Organizational Architecture normalization,
> Budget Development and P&L Management,
> Global and National experience including Rollouts,
> Change Control Management, Six Sigma, and Quality Management.
GAMESTOP, Dallas, Texas, 2010 Present
A Fortune 300 multi-channel retailer operating approximately 6,700 stores, 2,200 of which are located in 17 countries; as well as operating 21 e-commerce sites which includes Loyalty programs and multiple electronic product delivery models.
INTERNATIONAL IT SECURITY AND COMPLIANCE MANAGER (SECURITY PROJECTS AND PROGRAMS)
Senior Manager driving a very broad range of IT security and technology programs and initiatives in all 17 international countries and achieving a range of multi-national regulatory, compliance, privacy, audit, and IT security goals. Extensive use of Agile Project Management methodology for planning and executing business and operations strategy as a member of the international team, reporting to the Senior VP International Technology.
> Implemented the International Divisions 1st-ever Disaster RecoveryBusiness Continuity (DRBC) program in all 17 countries. Authored DR plans, templates, implementation processes, validation testing, authored and implemented training courseware in coordination with and tailored to the specifics of the local IT teams.
> In France: PM for network migration/re-mapping of network (500 stores, Data center, and corporate offices) project as part of French M&A integration project. Implementation of Point of Sale Activation (POSA) sales capability, Security. PCI, and SOX Audits, Network routers and devices, Network tools (e.g. patching, IDS/IPS).
> Developed conceptual architecture for international divisions implementation of Security as a Service model, centralizing specialized/scarce security resources (e.g. logs and PEN tests), leveraging cost/benefit relationships, standardizing governance, while distributing to local / regional management appropriate local controls.
> Performed daily security and PCI vulnerability scans for all 21 public facing e-commerce sites security analysis during development and ongoing daily file integrity monitoring (also a PCI-DSS Requirement).
> International BI implementation project team: enterprise architecture and security architecture expert,
> Security review / audit and code review prior to rollout of MS Navision ERP into EU countries.
> Drove the remediation of all SOX deficiencies previously identified by audit throughout all International Division regions and countries; successfully testing and remediating these outstanding SOX and PCI issues.
> Provided security architecture and process assessment for electronic product delivery models including Downloadable Content (DLC) process, Point of Sale Activation (POSA) and international Loyalty programs.
> Reviewed or assessed all 17 international countries compliance requirements for Safe Harbor, PCIDSS, and Privacy of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in addition to secure e-commerce, DLP, SOX and application SDLC.
CSO PARTNERS, Dallas, Texas, 2000- -2010
Delivering customer focused information technology Subject Matter Expert services at the level of detail needed to be a solution provider solve the customers issues in security, compliance, risk management, privacy, audit, line operations, and programmatic services.
Developing and delivering technology transformational solutions to clients business units, including strategies to leverage emerging technologies (e.g. mobile and social media). Projects commonly included developing standard methodologies for: Managing projects and PMO structures; Assessing organizational processes, architectures and architectural gaps; Developing and implementing business re-engineering processes; and, Leading the implementation of technical solutions that consolidated and enhanced system capabilities.
> Enterprise Architecture Projects
* Implemented 6 full life cycle Data Center transformation projects: 1global (5 linked centers 10k Sq. Ft), 1mobile (EU wide, in 18 wheeler trailers), 1super computer (50k Sq. Ft.), 1Mainframe (IBM-390).
* Implemented 8 partial life-cycle projects including SANs, N-Tier nets, tape/disk storage sub-nets, window/Linux servers,
* Evaluated, recommended, developed and implemented strategies and methodologies for supporting architecting systems and processes to realize maximum value and return on IT Investments.
> Program / Project Office (PMO) Creation through Operations
* Initial PMO Director $900 million Manufacturing and Supply Chain Conglomerate (active NDA). Created first PMO organization. Implemented: Service delivery solutions (SOA, ITIL, ISO-20000), Contract and Portfolio management for Pricing, Scheduling, SOWs, & SLAs.
* IT Transformational Project Manager at +200 bed medical center (active NDA). Implemented 6-Sigma process review, implemented +30% improvement with continuous improvement processes. Developed Governance, Cost and Service alignment models (SOA, ITIL, ISO-20000).
* Program Manager for $400 million Engineering and Manufacturing company (active NDA). Developed first PMO organization including: portfolio/investment/start control process, Pricing/Cost/Scheduling models, SOWs, SLAs, Contract negotiations/management, Change management, GRC, and business ROI delivery (ISO-2000x).
> E-Commerce Projects
* Teleflora, $1 billion Web based retail and supply chain-company (Web, B2B, and B2C). Datacenter transformation and consolidation Project Manager. SOA application architecture. Developed, Disaster RecoveryBusiness Continuity (DRBC) plans, System Engineering specifications, Risk, Vulnerability, Cost - ROI Models and next generation architecture for the datacenter.
* McAfee, $1.0 billion Software Manufacturer. V&V and process re-engineering of web store, which produced 50% of revenue (+$450 million). Also, enterprise architecture; CRM web applications; security, compliance, general, application, financial, and web controls; SAS-70 reports.
> Information Technology Security Projects
* Terra, $1.3 billion multi-national chemicals manufacturer; US and EU Security Audit with IT General and Application controls. Security Architect remediate SAP Security, Physical, and Logistics controls.
* Security Architect at $350 million Energy Exploration and Development Company (active NDA) Developed Security/Forensics/Audit processes for physical security and security architectures.
* Security Architect for $900 million Manufacturing and Supply Chain Conglomerate (active NDA) SAP Security, Authored Governance Risk Management, Cost and other processes and functions.
> Operational Transformation Projects
* Shearson Lehman Brothers Investment Bank. Enterprise Architect as part of Transformation / M & A Program for multinational Investment Bank and multi-national ERP Software Publisher Created the implementing PMO, Enterprise Architecture and Solution Architecture.
* Amstar Interim VP/COO for ATM manufacturer and Credit Card processor. Drove re-introduction of companys 1st and 2nd products after leading 4 month cost and compliance re-engineering (e.g. PCI) program. Re-engineered: Manufacturing, Outsourcing, QA, Security, GRC, Infrastructure, and Data Center SLAs.
> Governance, Risk, Compliance, (GRC) Programs
* Terra, $1.3 billion multi-national chemicals manufacturer. Infrastructure security audit. US and EU GRC/SOX Audit with SAP General and Application controls.
* $900 million, Oil patch conglomerate (active NDA). general and application controls, SOX, SAP
* $250 million Consumer Package Goods & Packaging Supply Chain Company (active NDA). General, application, financial and inventory controls, SAP financials.
* CAI, $70 million Global logistics and supply chain firm, International-GRC, SOX, J-SOX, general application and financial controls.
> Assessment and Audit Projects
* Drove due diligence audit that yielded $9 million refund for contractual nonperformance in SAP implementation development costs for $1.5 billion consumer products manufacturer.
* Drove EBITDA growth by reducing annual operating costs $24 million (25%) at package goods manufacturer.
THOMAS GROUP, Dallas, Texas, 1996 - 2000
Publicly traded $70 million boutique management consulting company whose vertical market presence focuses on process (re)engineering. Operations management and lean enterprise process architectures.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT (SME) CONSULTANT
Developing and implementing information technology solutions in support of Thomas Groups consultants and their Fortune 500 clients. Deliverables included strategic planning, repositioning and transformation services, change management, metrics, enterprise architectures, and audit.
> Moore a $2.5 billion manufacturer drove process assessment and IT audit that yielded $9 million refund for contractual non-performance in ERP development and implementation costs. Follow on architecture assessment identified operating and IT cost savings of $24 million.
> Deutsche Bank - Security and Infrastructure engineer role. Developed cost reducing secure system process architecture for banks Inter-Bank Money Transfer center. Developed cost reducing secure system process architecture for a 1st Tier European Banks Inter-Bank Money Transfer center.
> Chemical Bank - Enterprise Architect role. At a 1st Tier banks infrastructure division, developed a secure B2C web system architecture and process designed to improve customer response time and reduce costs.
DIRECTOR, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Reporting to the CEO championed and drove world class service delivery while simultaneously driving cost minimization. Managed non-stop headquarters and worldwide field offices deployed teams, infrastructure, and telephony, capital and operational budgets and staff of 27 professionals.
> Authored 5-year strategic plan which implemented cutting annual IT operating costs $1.6 million (64%) while increasing infrastructure performance +200% through the global strategic and tactical IT repositioning program.
> Cut company NON IT operating costs by $6 million by reducing system failures from over 50% to about 1% and improving call center response time by 800%.
> Developed worldwide secure distributed N-Tier technology environment as Enterprise Architect, including infrastructure architectures for all worldwide offices, virtual networks, business architecture and CRM applications.
> Engineered and Implemented Data Center (Physical, Infrastructure, NOC, PBXs, communications, SAN, middleware, groupware, applications) in Dallas. Mirrored: Detroit, Frankfort (Germany), Singapore, and Hong Kong.
GOOD SHEPHERD MEDICAL CENTER, Longview, Texas, 1994 - 1996
452-bed, Level 2 trauma, Regional medical center. IT environment operating on a 7x24x365 non-stop basis.
DIRECTOR, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
An officer and member of the operating committee, reporting to the CFO, responsible for all IT activities.
> Authored 5-year strategic plan including Governance process re-engineering.
> Implemented initial transformational Voice / Data / Image Enterprise Architecture.
> Produced productivity gains of about $1 million through process re-engineering program and re-engineering of the data center and infrastructure for medical center campus.
> Information Technology Department passed JCAHCO audit without negative comment.
10+ years experience creating and implanting highly trusted, highly secure intelligence systems, highly secure enterprise ERP and Supply Chain systems, secure facilities including SCIFs, and related environments for compartmented information; including qualification for national accreditation. Roles included: System Architect, Application Architect, System Engineer,
> NASAs Jet Propulsion Laboratorys Deep Space Network. Hardened security for Voyager Spacecraft at Neptune.
> Project Architect, System Engineer, and ISSO on multiple systems including qualification for national accreditation.
> Newport Labs, a Pharmaceuticals manufacturer: Cut operating costs while increasing operational productivity 12% through process re- engineering program. Reduced structural operating expenses by over $1 million.
> Multi-Physician Medical Group. Cut costs 7.4% while increasing collections 16.5%.
> MBA: Operations Management & Strategic Planning University of Arizona
> BSBA: Quantitative Methods (Operations & Marketing Research), University of Arizona
> Bachelor of Architecture: System and Industrial Engineering, University of Arizona
> CGEIT (Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT)
> CISA (Certified Information System Auditor)
> CISM (Certified Information Security Manager)
> GBLC (SANS Business & Computer Security Law)
> GSNA (SANS GIAC System & Network Auditing)
> CIFI (Certified Information Forensics Investigator
> SPC (6-Sigma Statistical Process Control)
> MCP (4x Microsoft Certified Professional)
> PMP with Agile, In process
> Sarbanes-Oxley IT Compliance Audit of Outsourced Microsoft and SAP System for a Specialty Manufacturer, SANS
> Legal Matters Affecting the Development of a Policy for the Acceptable Use of Electronic Messaging, SANS Institute.
> Managing Information Technology Outsourcing Projects Handbook
> Measures of Effectiveness for C3I Systems, Proceedings of the Military Operations Research Society
> Decision Assistance Techniques for Systems Development, AFCEA Proceedings
Strategic Planning Frameworks (ITIL, COBIT, COSO, ITIG, Val-IT), Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (TOGAF, Zachman, FEA/DoD - Federal Enterprise Architecture), PMO templates (Waterfall, Agile), Operating Templates (RAD, Lean, JIT, 6-Sigma), Archer, Process engineering/integration (BPE/I, IDEF), TQM Templates, System Engineering Templates (Microsoft, CMMI+SSE, UML, OOx), Schedule/Cost (C/SCSEV, MS-Project, Primavera), MS-Office, Configuration Management, Websphere, Nessus, Snort, Tripwire, Coroner's Toolkit, N-Map, Metasploit, PGP, PKI. CAAT, Oracle DBA (v.5), Oracle Financials, SAP Project focus: process engineering, remediation of failed processes & SAP instances, Basis security administration, Basis audit and control matters. SAP modules include: IM, WM, FI/CO, PP, HR, Security, and Basis.