SENIOR BUSINESS & TECHNOLOGY LEADER
Twenty years of leading multi-million dollar startup and turn-around initiatives. Trusted partner in driving business and technology alignment, and building strategic, technical and financial plans. Delivers timely, high-quality and cost-effective solutions, while promoting high-performance teamwork and continuous learning. Leadership capabilities include:
* Developing Roadmaps
* Promoting Change
* Driving Execution
* Improving Teamwork
* Enhancing Communications
* Increasing Value
* Pursuing Excellence
* Making Commitments
* Adapting to Needs
2010 to Present
VISA INC - Foster City, CA
Reported to the Office of the CTO and led service management and cost transparency planning for Global IT. Visa had 9K employees and $10B revenues.
SENIOR BUSINESS LEADER OF IT BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (2010 to Present)
* Launched technology business management program to enhance planning across service portfolios, technology utilization, and $1B annual budget. Drove business concept, aligned requirements across IT and Finance stakeholders, developed proof-of-concept, and obtained approval of Apptio implementation project.
* Strengthened IT service management across Visa Inc and with external customers, including Visa Europe, by redesigning 30+ IT service and operating level agreements and contracts, by formalizing monthly customer meetings and reports, and by establishing routine engagement with technology business partners.
* Drove development of monthly CIO presentations to the Board of Directors, Operating Committee and Executive Team on IT accomplishments and initiatives. Refined key messages, trained business partners, established SharePoint collaboration workflows, and established key performance indicator dashboards.
* Provided IT service costing and operating model consultation to development and planning of V.me digital wallet service. Provided IT service cost insights during investment planning exercises.
* Supported CTO in managing $60M+ annual budget and 180+ employees across US and Singapore.
2005 to 2010
KAISER PERMANENTE - Pasadena, CA
Reported to IT Infrastructure Management and IT Finance and led technology, business and financial planning. Kaiser had 160K employees and $43B revenues.
DIRECTOR OF INTEGRATED INFRASTRUCTURE PLANNING (2005 to 2010)
* Drove multi-year project and capital planning for the IT infrastructure portfolio. The IT infrastructure portfolio exceeded $250M annually.
* Supported negotiations of $500M IBM outsourcing agreement. Led communications for IT Finance, and oversaw transition of 1,600 projects to IBM during 6-month implementation.
* Consolidated business case planning and review processes to improve IT infrastructure collaboration with business partners on initiatives exceeding $4M. Led financial planning of IT initiatives, including Contact Center Telephony Integration, Disaster Recovery Design, and Server Virtualization.
* Launched $89M three-year life-cycle remediation program to address 2,000+ high-risk servers. Led concept and business case development and presentations, and established program controls.
* Led short-term 24x7 HealthConnect infrastructure team (30-person team) in supporting Epic Systems-based electronic medical record system rollout and infrastructure stabilization.
* Led financial planning and analysis of Integrated Planning and Delivery (IPD) and System Integration (SI) divisions with $65M annual operating budget, $60M annual capital budget, and 350+ employees.
1994 to 2005
UCLA HEALTHCARE - Los Angeles, CA
Reported to the CTO and led technology development to support patient care (1,000 beds, 3 hospitals, 30 clinics) and academic research. UCLA Healthcare had 10K employees and $1B revenues.
MANAGER OF DEVELOPMENT SERVICES (2002 to 2005)
* Delivered innovative solutions for business initiatives, including:
--> Forms Portal - Designed system to retrieve and submit electronic forms. Used by 3,000 nurses and 2,000 physicians daily. Project converted 1,000+ paper forms to electronic format. Standardized forms improved business workflow, patient safety and regulatory compliance.
--> Patient Oriented Document System - Designed system to archive electronic medical images. 1.3M documents archived and 20,000 retrievals daily. Outcomes included reduced paper workflows, improved access to clinical and billing documents, and regulatory compliance. Reduced Medical Records administrative expenses by $1M annually.
--> Web Enable Mainframe Patient Applications - Led initiatives to enable web applications to interact with legacy clinical applications through web services. 55,000 transactions processed daily from Oncology, Neurosurgery, Radiology and Financial Systems.
* Sponsored development of new infrastructure capabilities, including virtualization of 80+ application servers using VMware, virtualization of 20+ application servers using zVM and zLinux mainframe technology, and distribution of 3TB of medical images using Network Appliance technologies.
* Ensured quality through integrated system reviews, regression and load testing.
* Supported CTO in managing $17M operating budget, administration, and process improvements.
MANAGER OF SERVER SERVICES (1997 to 2002)
* Led technology implementation track of merging the Neuropsychiatric Hospital, and acquiring the UniHealth Santa Monica Hospital. The $15M three-year project completed in 1999.
--> Managed installation of 200 servers, consolidation of mainframe / midrange / Radiology PACS Imaging storage, and coordination of network and desktop upgrades. Designed and implemented the 15k user Microsoft Exchange email system.
--> Supported integration of 12+ enterprise applications, including Lawson Financials, SeeBeyond Master Patient Index and DataGate, HBOC Contracts Management, OneStaff Nurse Scheduling, GE/BDM Pharmacy, and GE/IDX Radiology.
* Led business continuity planning, and established Y2K test lab ($500K) and validation program for applications, servers, networks and desktops.
* Developed open IT infrastructure and application monitoring framework and shared code with UCI Healthcare, UCSD Healthcare, UCD Medical Center and UCSF Medical Center.
* Improved departmental effectiveness by establishing clear business plans, partnerships, and standards. Increased server base by 300% while maintaining a constant headcount.
MANAGER OF NETWORK SERVICES (1994 to 1997)
* Enabled five-year clinical systems conversion program by driving technology standards and by establishing an enterprise SONET/ATM network and backbone for 10K devices across medical campus.
* Outsourced wide area networks to GTE and ATT to support 30+ medical clinics across Los Angeles.
* Coordinated advanced technology initiatives including Radiology PACS Imaging, Omnicell patient supply distribution cabinets, and Pediatric StarBright World Teleconferencing (UCLA Hub).
* Developed multi-year business, technology, and staffing plan.
Master of Business Administration, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA