Driving Global IT Teams to Consistently Deliver Operational Excellence
Senior Technologist and Technology Manager: Proven change agent with a velvet hammer approach to transforming and aligning IT services with business goals. A strategic thinker and tactical implementer with a drive for innovative solutions in global settings. Experienced in directing infrastructure and application service delivery
, staff development, multi-provider service IT operations
, ITIL process delivery and project/program management. Proven quality-driven leader with focus on high client advocacy
and operational efficacy
Technical & Management Summary
- Outsourced Technical Capabilities/Privatizing Statements of Work
- Vendor Management and Evaluation
- Disaster Recovery/Continuity Planning
- Strategy/Road Map Design and Execution
- Project/Program Management
- Continuous Process and Service Delivery Improvement/SLA Management
- Solution Architecture/ Enterprise Application Integration
- TOGAF/Zachman architecture framework knowledge
- Software Development Lifecycle Process
- Hardware platform and software audit compliance
- UNIX and Windows Platforms
- Numerous OTS applications and products
- Development tools (C, C++, Java, Perl etc.)
- UML, XML
- Various Backup and Storage Platforms (EMC, IBM, Data Domain etc.)
- Middleware suites (Weblogic, Sun, IBM Websphere)
- IronPort, CA Tools, Infoblox, Tumbleweed MFT
- Strong networking knowledge
- DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, LDAP, UDP, SNMP, IETF RFCs, CISP PCI Compliance
COMPUTER SCIENCES CORPORATION (CSC), Chicago, IL Senior Manager, Client Delivery
(2010 - present)
Currently manage all aspects of End User Services for a fortune-500 client with a P&L annual budget of $22MM. Currently manage a direct and indirect workforce of 170+ that is geographically located throughout North America, UK, Malaysia, and India supporting over 140 client locations. These services cover desk side support, desktop engineering, and global service desk.
- Lowered operating costs by 38% in a functional area by terminating support of non-core competency application and offshoring support personnel.
- Directed financial classifications in support of client contract restructure.
- Achieved 12% positive operating income in first year of managing client North America device refreshes after 5 years of negative OI.
- Orchestrated 8% cost savings by renegotiating desktop vendor contract that also included expansion of vendor scope.
- Reduced WAN congestion by negotiating deployment schedules and implementing distribution points at key locations. This action reduced call escalations into the helpdesk.
- Transitioned a 90% helpdesk expansion in 9 months while still achieving 95% in average speed to answer and 1.2% in abandon rates.
- Reduced operating cost by 31% by leveraging desktop resources to support a Unified Communications as a Service offering after winning a new global contract.
- Drive issues resolution and support.
COMPUTER SCIENCES CORPORATION (CSC), Chicago, IL
Senior Manager, Information Technology Operations
(2008 - 2010)
Oversaw IT and datacenter operations at 3 data centers with $14MM P&L responsibility, quality improvement and service delivery. Managed three managers (Backup, Windows Platform/Unix and IBM as400) and team of 45+ across US and offshore, supporting approximately 1,200 servers.
- Coordinated the migration and consolidation of 197 databases from vendor managed servers to CSC datacenters in 4 months with limited client interruption.
- Identified potential $2.4MM in additional revenue by marketing new services and capabilities.
- Championed roundtable forum that enhanced communication between operational organization and user departments which led to teams improved understanding of processes and challenges.
- Established an IT governance structure between client and CSC that resulted in outage isolations and improved customer impacting KPIs.
- Lead transition and transformation of services from outgoing vendor to CSC.
COMPUTER SCIENCES CORPORATION (CSC), Chicago, IL Systems Architect/Project Manager
(2002 - 2008)
Provided system design/management, project management, solution development, system engineering and Tier 3 technical production support. Supervised system engineering and administrative teams. Evaluated and made purchasing recommendations for hardware and software. Oversaw application architecture and infrastructure compliance. Reported to senior manager IT with dotted line to team engineers and administrators.
- Selected to project manage client worldwide rollout and implementation of revenue management system. Completed 24-month project on time and within budget.
- Created and drove infrastructure migration strategy. Moved clients core web application and technology from proprietary platforms to open systems, effectively reducing operating costs while improving overall application performance.
- Key technical and project contributor in migrating client's disaster recovery data center from Omaha, NE to Erding, Germany, well within a 17-month timeline.
- Earned individual and team awards for superior performance.
- Improved application performance and availability by 2.4x by re-architecting the application platform and delivery methodology of their Cognos Business Intelligence infrastructure.
- Negotiated improved, revenue-saving deals with vendors HP, IBM and BEA on behalf of client.
STRATUS TECHNOLOGIES, INC, Westchester, IL
Advisory Systems Consultant
(1996 - 2002)
In this direct-customer interface role, hired as a pre-sales systems consultant to work alongside sales engineers in supporting accounts in the US and abroad. Identified customer requirements, provided customized solutions and trained sales personnel on new products. Worked with product development teams on new hardware designs. Clients included United Airlines, Chicago Board of Stock Exchange, Kraft Foods, Chicago Mercantile Exchange and Ameritech. Five-year equipment and upkeep contracts ranged from $15MM to $20MM.
- Key facilitator for $5.4MM hardware sale to United Airlines by designing and implementing critical application to meet customers requirements.
- Established and led international team (Europe and Japan) that increased solution reliability of new hardware by designing benchmarks, modeling systems and conducting performance tuning.
- Contributed to revenue growth by writing responses to RFQs, RFIs and RFPs.
- Recognized as the companywide expert for UNIX.
AT&T BELL LABORATORIES, Columbus, OH
(1994 - 1996)
Promoted for ability to identify, redesign architecture and implement solutions that reduced telecom lab operations costs due to less error in the field and higher quality of products. Saved $1.2MM+ by developing and implementing automated test lab solution. Recipient of National Performance Award.
AT&T BELL LABORATORIES, Columbus, OH
(1991 - 1994)
Devised innovative new processes and script procedures that increased capture rate of errors and reduced time to production. Carried out system design, redesign and integration of second generation network control point (2NCP) telecommunication switch. Directed field integration of AT&Ts most profitable telecom product ahead of schedule. Increased time to market and system verification by streamlining product build environment.
Additional experience: Senior Telecommunications Technician at Jamaica Digiport International
Education/Industry CertificationsDiploma in Electrical Engineering (Bachelor of Science equivalent)
, w/major in Electronics and TelecommunicationsUniversity of Technology
, Kingston, Jamaica,1990
- ITIL v3 Foundation, 2011
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), 2011
- Project Management Professional (PMP), 2011
- Technical Solutions Specialist, ISS Proventia (now IBM) Firewalls, 2006
- Corporate Management Development Program (High Po), Computer Sciences Corporation, one-year program
- Corporate Six Sigma Training (White Belt), 2006
Community Involvement / Affiliations
- Business Architect, Powered by Action (PBA), Chicago, IL (2009 - Present)
Develop business processes and procedures that aid PBAs commitment to providing resources, schools and programs to impoverished youth
- Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), (2007 - Present)
Active members of: IEEE, ACM, and ISACA.
Awards and Recognitions
- Performance Award (AT&T Bell Labs) - 1993
- Central Region Pre-sales Award (Stratus) - 1998
- Corporate Performance Award (CSC) - 2008
- Corporate Service Delivery Award (CSC) - 2011