IT EXECUTIVE * OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT * CTO * CIO * COO * SVP * VP * DIR
Accomplished senior executive with more than 18 years of experience developing and executing comprehensive business strategies for longevity and growth. Market and customer focused, performance driven leader successfully delivering world-class enterprise level technology products and solutions in start-up, turnaround and rapid change environments.
Strong leader and team builder adept at creating pragmatic product strategies and implementation plans for maximum return with minimal cost.
Core competencies include:
* IT Operations
* Process Development & Mgmt
* Strategic Planning
* Budget/Resource Management
* Client/Stakeholder Relations
* Revenue and Profit Growth
* Profit and Loss Management
* Team Building/Management
* Internet, SaaS, Mobile Technologies
* Solution Development
SUPPLY CHAIN INTELLIGENCE 2001 - 2010
Member of the senior leadership team. Responsible for all technology operations within the company, which included leading product development, product management, quality assurance, project management, systems engineering, build and release management, managing hardware/software infrastructure and production support. Align technology capabilities with business strategy to increase growth and market share.
* Led the company through several years of growth where the customer base increased over 800% and engineering staff by 500%.
* Improved customer support and infrastructure accordingly and established SLAs and support metrics.
* Led global teams to develop highly scalable web-based SaaS solutions offering a range of services to resolve complex logistics/sourcing challenges. Support customer facing, marketing and sales teams to drive growth, maintain customer relations and competitive edge.
Collaborated with clients such as Food Lion, Pep Boys, Hannaford Supermarkets, Pittsburgh Glass Works, Boars Head, The Cheeseworks, and Price Chopper to develop product strategy/vision, business plans, requirements and roadmaps for logistics products resulting in the following.
* Worked with product management/development to develop a web-based outbound transportation system for Pep Boys designed to minimize fleet size, and optimize fleet assignment. This solution enhanced the fleet lease costing structure and maximized the efficiency of long distance routes resulting in a 5% reduction in annual transportation expenses.
* Implemented a routing and scheduling system for Price Chopper, a grocery chain with 100 stores in six states, designed to optimally split orders to maximize trailer capacity utilization resulting in annual transportation savings exceeding $1 million.
* Worked closely with Hannaford Supermarkets to install an outbound shipment system on their central server supporting 122 supermarkets and food/drug stores in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York and Massachusetts. The automated features integrated with Hannafords order management, dispatch, and warehouse management systems reduced annual transportation costs by 10%.
* Implemented a software-based solution for Performance Food Group, a national distributor of food service products, allowing them to accurately determine transportation costs for new customers resulting in more accurate bids and increased profits.
* Developed a strong understanding of Food Lions logistics needs and assembled a technical team to develop a trailer sequencing product utilizing intuitive, web-browser interfaces that improved operating efficiency and reduced transportation costs by 10%.
* Successfully managed consulting projects for clients in a wide range of industries. These projects included optimizing the Pittsburgh Glass Works Boston Distribution Center, locating a new distribution center for Boars Head, and reducing the fleet size at The Cheeseworks by 40%.
* Routinely enhance the SaaS environment to support new business/customer needs and growth. Limit custom hosted solutions by building general reusable components to quickly build tailored solutions that are easier to maintain.
Council for Entrepreneurial Development Oct 2011 - Present
Mentor, Venture Mentoring Service
Serving as a mentor for several entrepreneurial early to mid-stage companies, providing strategic guidance and direction to the leadership teams and empowering them to achieve their goals.
DUKE UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER Sep 2010 Present
Duke University Instructor Jan 2013 Present
Empowering students to develop mobile applications utilizing industry best practices including processes, methodologies, tools & technology.
Students work with clients to design, build and deliver mobile (iPhone, iPad, Android) applications based on client requirements.
Associate Director IT Sep 2010 Dec 2012
Member of the senior leadership team. Lead and manage the Clinical Trials Management System (CTMS) & supporting IT for cancer clinical trials. This includes vendor product evaluation/selection, product strategy and direction, managing production systems, leading product development teams, quality assurance, project management, systems engineering, build and release management, managing hardware/software infrastructure and production support. Work with senior management for strategic planning, direction, standards and to develop a strategic plan leveraging technology as an enabler to achieve business goals/growth and market/client demands.
* Work with clients, prospects, executives, support staff and industry sources to develop short/long term product strategy and vision for mobile (Android, iOS) device solutions.
* Work with geographically distributed teams across a broad and matrixed organization to ensure that we are integrated and coordinated with all business units who add value.
* Support the integration efforts with the Mayo Clinic Clinical Trials Management System (CTMS) and Medidata Rave for electronic data capture (EDC) and clinical data management systems (CDMS).
* Continually improve SaaS product offering, infrastructure and environment by proposing and leading efforts to business needs and growth.
* Develop and strengthen internal/external customer relations. Collaborate and communicate with project teams, project/financial stakeholders to achieve project success.
* Responsible for the development of business products from inception to production.
* Develop, manage and monitor operating budgets.
* Participate in proposal development and product demonstrations.
* Develop mobile device (Android, iOS) solutions and plans for CTMS users/patients to improve business process efficiency, visibility, data access and drive growth.
VIEWLOCITY Nov 1999 Dec 2000
Member of the senior leadership team. Led and developed rating and routing, bid/ask, and business community integration products for clients such as DHL, Ryder System, and BuildNet. Supported customer facing, marketing and sales teams to drive growth, maintain customer relations and a competitive edge. Effectively managed global teams consisting of managers, project managers, business analyst, engineers and quality assurance professionals.
* Worked with Ryder System, Inc. to develop a shipment visibility product allowing users to track shipments and obtain status in real time resulting in increased customer sales and satisfaction.
* Worked with clients, prospects, executives, sales and industry sources to develop product strategy/vision, business plans, requirements and roadmaps for supply chain products.
* Participated in integrating the engineering staff of SC21, a Singapore company acquired by Viewlocity, offering a supply execution suite enabling customers such as Compaq Asia to collaborate with trading partners including Sony, Samsung, and Circle Concord International Logistics.
MANHATTAN ASSOCIATES 1998 1999
Managed several software engineering teams to successfully develop quality releases of a warehouse slotting system offered by this global provider of supply chain optimization solutions.
* Participated in a consulting effort with Pep Boys to optimize their distribution centers product layout utilizing a proprietary slotting product that improved order picking efficiency by 15%.
* Successfully turned around the warehouse slotting product release effort by refocusing and redirecting the engineering team. This resulted in meeting customer and sales expectations.
* Established a process and best practices to improve software quality and team productivity.
* Collaborated with other product teams to insure product compatibility and availability to satisfy customer requirements.
Early Professional Career (1990 to 1998)
Program Analyst and Aerospace Engineer for Lockheed Martin, Programmer Analyst for Bell Helicopter and Northern Telecom, and Project Manager for IBM and Remote Source.
* Bachelor of Science, Aerospace Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
* Duke University Management Program
COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP & INVOLVEMENT
* Triangle Technology Executives Council
* Council for Entrepreneurial Development
* RTP Business Advisors Connection