IT Operations Manager with a track record of effective problem solving and project management. Proven international success in technology implementations, re-engineering and process implementation. Adept at increasing cost savings through consolidation of voice and data. Expert in global help desk outsourcing, data centers, disaster recovery, archiving and systems management. Self-starter with demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to multi-task in busy, fast-paced environment. Certified in VCP, MCSE and CCDA.
General Atlantic, LLC 2000 2013
Director of IT Operations
Responsible for all technology-related services, infrastructure, and applications at this global growth investment firm, which manages approximately $18 billion in capital.
* Reported directly to the CTO, providing regular updates on current and future technology needs or requirements.
* Designed, implemented and managed Global offices (data/voice infrastructure) for domestic and international locations, including Hong Kong, Germany, Brazil and UK.
* Managed the migration of more than 140 physical servers into a VMWare cluster environment to increase high availability.
* Ensured the availability, security and reliability of systems and networks in the companys production data centers.
* Using NetApp Filers, set up and monitored a disaster recovery environment that allowed an SLA of four hours to fail over our main data center (about 140 Servers) to our remote disaster recovery data center.
* Handled and monitored the WAN connectivity between all remote offices, including two redundant circuits (up to 100 Mbs), to an MPLS cloud using OSPF and BGP Routing over Cisco devices.
* Management of a Microsoft Active Directory Domain environment which includes over 200 Member Servers worldwide.
* Maintained budget for infrastructure, including data (WAN and Internet Circuits) and Voice (PRI, DID, PBX, Long Distance) services.
* Application Maintenance and upgrades of Microsoft Exchange from version 2000 to 2010. Implemented DAG (Database Availability Groups) for replication and fault tolerance of the email system.
* Maintenance and Upgrades for SQL Server for version 2000 to 2012.
* Managed installation of Cisco Telepresense system to handle HD Quality Video conference over the high-speed MPLS network utilizing QOS.
* Management and Migration of Audio Bridge from an internal Spectel system to a cloud based Audio Bridge (LoopUp) for the entire firm.
* Managed and monitored Site-to-Site VPN connections between remote offices using FortiGate Devices as a last resort connection if both MPLS circuits failed.
* Managed the Cisco ASA VPN device to handle all end users VPN connections.
* Managed and supported Avaya PBX system with VOIP Connections between all remote sites to allow 4-digit dialing across the entire global firm and least cost routing for long distance calls. Setup IP Phones to include the ability to VPN into the Cisco ASA VPN device for a VOIP connection via any internet connection.
* Managed and motivated a team of seven IT techs worldwide.
* Encouraged IT staff to broaden their knowledge and stay on top of the latest technology through training.
* Managed Network Instruments Observer to scan and analyze any potential threats.
* Managed and monitored Windows-based Servers with Microsoft System Center Operations Managers.
* Monitoring of Antivirus using Symantec End Point Protection and MalwareBytes software.
* Leveraged Managed Services to provide additional support for 24/7 protection.
NETiMAGE, Inc. 1995 - 2000
Senior Network Engineer /Network Manager
Managed an integration department comprised of more than 30 large and small networks.
* Installed Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes servers.
* Set up Cisco Routers, Hubs, Switches, PIX and Local Director; TCP/IP Connections, including DNS, WINS and DHCP; and IIS and Proxy Server.
* Oversaw software and hardware upgrades.
* Troubleshot and repaired computers and networks.
* Responsible for warranty claims and purchasing parts.
* Worked at client sites.
* Interviewed prospective employees and assisted in the hiring of new employees.
Computer Supercenter 1994 - 1995
Specialized in investigating and resolving problems.
* Implemented Set Up and Administrator networks.
* Developed applications for troubleshooting.
* Troubleshot and repaired computers, printers and software.
* Installed I/O Cards e.g., SCSI, Video and SoundBlaster.
* Replaced system boards.
Bellsouth/US Electronics 1992 - 1994
Programmer/Online Service Technician
Installed networks, trained staff and provided excellent technical customer service.
* Debugged revised programs.
* Installed initial Novel network.
* Provided technical advisory for employees.
* Handled service calls by trouble shooting and assisting clients through technical procedures.
* Trained new employees on computer and technical areas.
* Analyzed daily mail payments and money orders, and input money (where applicable) into data- entry system.
Technology and Management Expertise
* Cloud Computing (AWS)
* Network Security Monitoring
* All Windows Operating Systems
* LAN/WAN International and Domestic
* TCP/IP - DHCP, DNS, WINS, FTP, SMTP, SNMP
* VMWare VCP
* Microsoft SCOM
* Budget Preparation
* Employee Training and Motivation
* Global Standards and Guidelines
* Fortinet Devices (FortiGate, FortiManage and FortiAnalyzer)
* NetApp Filers
* Microsoft AF
* Exchange 2000 and up
* SQL 2000 and up
* Cisco Routers/Switches
* Cisco ASA VPN
* Avaya Phone System / Modular Message / Meeting Exchange
COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, New York, NY Networking, Development and Programming
COLLEGE OF AERONAUTICS, Flushing, NY - Avionics and Electronics
SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY, San Jose, CA JAVA Programming