Executive leader with 20+ years of Information Technology experience across a broad array of systems, technologies and architectures. 12+ years experience leading IT organizations through significant transformations due to acquisitions, divestitures and organizational re-design. Experience with E-commerce systems, mission critical (zero downtime) applications and high volume transaction systems. Recent projects have included SaaS integrations and mobile development leveraging offshore development teams. 8+ years driving IT portfolio rationalization and governance. Ongoing direct involvement with CIO and executive business leadership formulating IT strategies to maximize business value.
Highly effective cross functional team leader, well versed in working with worldwide teams maintaining very low turnover. Deep interest in developing cohesive solutions with business leaders and participating in the strategic planning process. Engaged, outgoing and flexible executive comfortable with managing in environments exhibiting high rates of change and significant unknowns.
IT DIRECTOR February 2013 Present
Leading an organization of 25 responsible for more than 20 discrete software applications implemented for a Fortune 50 Services business. Owned applications directly generate more than $600M of annual revenue and process invoicing for more than $20B. Also leading more than 200 development resources (both off and onshore) to consistently implement successful change within a $15M IT investment for FY15.
- In FY14 delivered more than $50M in new incremental direct business value in the form of both cost savings and increased revenue. FY15 incremental business value is approximately $25M due to ongoing divestiture activity. FY16 planned value expected to exceed $50M.
- Providing key leadership during recent IT organizational transformation, pivoting the organization into a true leveraged resource engine from a traditional project based delivery team. Developing the internal discipline to migrate legacy systems to improved future states with cloud, microservices and SaaS solutions.
- Leading current initiative to shorten value delivery times by 20%. Work includes strategic implementation of multiple software delivery mechanisms (SDLC) across the portfolio (agile, waterfall, DevOps). Also pushing the envelope on highly efficient testing practices across enterprise solutions and strengthening business prioritization models for planned IT work.
- Recent key deliveries in FY15 include improved software tracking in go to market asset management solution, new implementation of a sales account forecasting solution (moving to Anaplan in 2016) and an implementation of a customer facing software license management solution with the new Microsoft volume licensing model.
IT MANAGER November 2009 - February 2013
Led a team of 15 that delivered more than $10M in incremental business value in systems responsible for more than $10B of revenue. Implemented functionality and plan to migrate customer accounts from legacy platforms to go forward platform. Regularly visited with customer accounts to understand system impacts and gather feedback for process improvements.
- Delivered platform functionality enabling the migration of 1000+ legacy contracts to a go forward SAP platform, representing $3.5B of the company portfolio. The top 10 accounts represented more than $1B in revenue each.
- Staffed core team of release managers, test managers and support personnel from the ground up to implement a coordinated release delivery plan and supporting processes including business engagement and demand planning.
- Implemented new end to end SDLC process for the IT organization. Made solution available to other organizations in company. Focused on the areas of test accelerators, standardized development mechanisms, and enterprise architecture.
INTEGRATION IT RELEASE MANAGER October 2008 November 2009
Designed, owned and implemented a release management team used to integrate the IT function of a major acquisition. Work required bringing two very diverse cultures together to deliver five distinct waves of coordinated system functionality across more than 25 systems.
- In addition to the integration also provided delivery leadership for a system release across 23 discrete systems. Implemented solutions enabled the business to standardize revenue of $190M across 10 countries.
- Led and assisted teams across the enterprise IT function with core release management expertise, including the release management process, toolset usage, testing strategies, change control processes, and release planning.
WORLDWIDE IT RELEASE MANAGER October 2005 October 2008
Implemented the major components of an enterprise E-commerce strategy. Role included scope definition, plan execution and change management across all regions worldwide. Provided expertise and ownership for complex issue escalation and triage.
- Implemented baseline E-commerce solutions to the Asia Pacific region to enable the retirement of three legacy E-commerce stores. This baseline solution impacted 4 different call centers across Asia and over 10,000 corporate enterprise accounts, measuring approximately $1.4B in annual revenue. In the Small/Medium Business and Consumer spaces this baseline delivery represented an entirely new solution for the Asia Pacific region.
- In conjunction with the internal supply chain organization implemented a significant system upgrade to the direct business model. The release provided a conduit for more than $5B in annual business. The implementation itself involved 107 IT application teams with more than 35K test cases executed to validate changes.
REGIONAL IT MANAGER June 2004 October 2005
Developed a system architectural strategy for business units in Latin America and Canada. Eliminated redundant systems that saved the regions approximately $1M annually. Consolidated distributed support centers into a single center of 22 reports that processed more than 1400 calls per month. Overall savings to the organization exceeded $2M annually with more than 50% improvement in support response times.
IT MANAGER May 2002 June 2004
Owned the IT strategy for a PC business unit in Canada. The Group provided desktops, laptops, workstations and thin clients to all customer segments worldwide including a $500M annual business in Canada. Led IT implementation work needed to start up a manufacturing facility in Toronto, Canada producing 25,000 business desktops per month.
SUPPLY CHAIN IT MANAGER, March 2000 May 2002
Through the use of a worldwide team designed, developed and maintained systems that were instrumental in the manufacturing of Intel based servers. Software was implemented in both company owned and outsourced facilities worldwide.
IT Project Manager, Server Division August 1998 March 2000
Financial Program Consultant, December 1996 July 1998
IT Solutions Specialist, November 1994 December 1996
IT Specialist, June 1993 November 1994
Stanford Certified Project Manager, Stanford Center for Professional Development, 2014.
M.B.A., co-concentrations in MIS and Marketing, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, 1993.
B.A., Business Administration Finance Option, Fort Lewis College, Durango, CO, 1991.