DELIVER BUSINESS SOLUTIONS BASED ON BUSINESS NEEDS AND EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES, WHILE FOCUSING ON COMPANY OBJECTIVES AND PEOPLE SUCCESS.
Dynamic, innovative professional with comprehensive experience running large, complex IT projects and proven success building and leading cross-functional teams, delivering business solutions that drive company performance based on reliable and innovative technology platforms and standards. Known for creating shared vision, building rapport and driving consensus, while providing planning and leadership for implementation of advanced technologies, achieving competitive edge and quantifiable cost savings and benefits.
- Led IT department with $21M budget, 51 FTEs and 7 contractors, after cutting budget by 15%.
- Consolidated 2 completely separate IT departments into 1 team, after company acquisition, resulting in reduced headcount and improved service delivery time by 50%.
- Rebuilt Program Management Office (PMO) in 2013 / 2014 with 35 team members, which handled portfolio of 200 IT projects and 80 active projects, setting realistic goals and schedules, which led to buy-in from Senior Management, and improved project satisfaction.
PROGRAM AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Delivered $300M SAP program with 500+ team members as part of Leadership team.
- Managed $10M, 55 team member SAP program rollout in the U.S., Canada, and Australia.
- Personally managed 2 SAP full life-cycle implementations and 1 major SAP upgrade, including database change and new infrastructure technology, meeting deliverables on time and within or under budget.
- Oversaw, as Sponsor and Program Manager, additional 12 SAP projects and participated in another 6 SAP projects.
KIEWIT, Omaha, NE 2012 - 2014
Construction company with USD $11B in revenue, 30K+ staff and craft workers.
- Led Business Analyst team, including making risk assessments, reviewing deliverables, and mitigating risks, resulting in delivering $300M+ SAP / third-party software implementation for successful go-live in July 2012, which consolidated numerous IT legacy systems into 1 SAP platform.
- Built and executed IT program management, rolling out new SAP application platform to Kiewit's business units in the United States and Canada in 2012 / 2013.
- Improved project delivery processes and integrated program schedule by establishing and co-leading IT Technology group improvement program with 5 teams delivering formal IT product methodology, IT role description, and development approach.
- Streamlined and enhanced project delivery processes, improved communication, and team development, as well as clarified roles and responsibilities by rebuilding IT Program Management Office (PMO), which established new Program Manager roles and pooled all IT Project Managers of Technology group.
- Created business and IT performance improvement initiative with 5 teams, covering business processes, applications, user experience, testing, and infrastructure by designing concept of KPIs and metrics, integrating and aligning business objectives, processes, applications, and infrastructure.
INCITEC PIVOT LTD. / DYNO NOBEL INC., Salt Lake City, UT 2008 - 2011
Chemicals and explosives manufacturer with USD $3B in revenue, 4.5K employees.
VICE PRESIDENT, IT
- Reduced costs by consolidating 2 IT departments into 1 IT organization for IPL group, eliminating redundant services and staff while improving customer satisfaction by cutting service delivery times to less than half for IT services and break-fixes.
- Attained estimated savings of USD $6.5M in deployment costs and $100K per year in maintenance and licensing fees by reducing project implementation costs for sales price engine in SAP from quoted USD $8 - 9M down to USD $1.5M through integrating Salesforce.com into SAP.
- Decreased actual IT spending in Fiscal Year 2010 in the Americas 15% compared to budget and maintained budget for following year at reduced level.
- Aligned leadership style to specific situations and personalities, which improved IT staff engagement and job satisfaction to second highest in company in 2009 based on Hay Group survey with further improvements in 2010.
- Enabled and supported delivery of business strategies and goals through technology by engaging with business executives, establishing IT Council, and guiding business into ownership of IT initiatives.
- Delivered new service to company customers and Joint Ventures through effective alignment of IT resources to business goals, resulting in business solution capturing and storing blast information and analysis of product usage.
- Raised professional standards in IT through project management training for selected team members and ITIL V3 certification of 51 IT team members.
DYNO NOBEL INC., Salt Lake City, UT 2002 - 2008
Second largest explosives manufacturer with USD $1.3B in revenue, 3.5K employees.
- Achieved 60% data center cost reduction through in-sourcing from AT&T and by utilizing virtualized server and storage technology, hosted in new data center with internally managed infrastructure, which led to estimated savings of USD $720K per year.
- Avoided costs for idle Disaster Recovery site and equipment, and realized estimated savings of USD $500K per year based on architecture of solution by deploying Disaster Recovery capabilities with Continuous Data Replication and improved IT asset utilization through second active data center in Las Vegas, NV. f Project published by HP in Transforming Your Enterprise: Daring to do IT yourself.
- Designed and implemented Backup-to-Disk solution, eliminating error-prone tape-backups and drastically reducing data backup and recovery time.
- Upgraded SAP system from 4.6c to ERP 6.0 in 2007, undercutting project budget by USD $350K through remote-consulting, reduced travel costs, and tight project management.
- Designed and deployed Change Management for IT processes and systems, resulting in reliable IT systems that passed financial audit requirements of publicly traded company.
- Outsourced SAP Basis and ABAP programming work to India by developing global teams, which resulted in cost-effective work results and 24/7 development and administration support capabilities.
ITI, Salt Lake City, UT 2000 - 2001
Private IT consulting company with 70 employees.
- Served as Senior Management team member, providing internet technology solutions for private and public industries and the Government.
- Managed multiple projects, including communication with customer management, guidance of project teams, contract negotiations, and accounting, which led to profitable contracts, and ensured client expectations were met.
- Set standards and guidelines for assigned Account Managers, as well as project staffing and development of Project Managers and Consultants, which resulted in reliable and repeatable processes, improving consistency, and timeliness of project deliverables.
ARTHUR ANDERSEN, San Francisco, CA
Audit and Consulting company with USD $9B in revenue and 80K employees.
KPMG, Chicago, IL
Audit and Consulting company with USD $12B in revenue and 102K employees.
LEOPOLD KOSTAL, Germany
Automotive parts manufacturing with DEM 600M and 3.7K employees.
SAP BUSINESS ANALYST
- Bachelors of Science in Business, Computer Science, Verwaltungs und Wirtschaftsakademie, Bochum, Germany
- ITIL V3 Certified
- Native German Speaker
- HP; Daring to do IT yourself; Transforming Your Enterprise, Main Ed. Winter: 14, 2008