SENIOR FINANCIAL SERVICES AND TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
Technology Strategy, Evaluation & Analysis | Application Delivery & Support
Financial services and technology professional with unique combination of experience in Banking, Electronic Payments and Finance ERP. Approachable senior project manager skilled at all facets of product development life-cycle, including pre- / conversion / post-support and managing client relationships.
- Finance ERP
- Electronic Payments
- Business & Technology Strategy
- Financial Cost Control
- Application Software Development
- Data Mapping & Conversion
- Product Management
- Project Management
- Technology Infrastructure
- Vendor Management
- IT Governance
IBM GLOBAL BUSINESS SERVICES, Columbus, GA 2013 - Present
BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION CONSULTANT, Technology and Data Migration
Partner with client teams, IT and business unit leaders to develop and manage application system and EDW data migrations, mergers and conversions for global clients in Banking, Electronic Payments, and Finance. Recent client engagements include:
- Hertz Car Rental - ACI Retail Commerce Server project for credit card authorization and settlement with Bank of America Merchant Services/First Data Merchant Services, American Express, and Elavon for the US, Europe, and Canada.
- Wells Fargo Bank - Partnered with the IBM Promontory Financial Group to assist Wells Fargos Enterprise Data & Analytics team in designing a target operating model for managing and overseeing enterprise-wide data risk.
- PayPal - Data migration project to move PayPal customer, account, and transaction data to an Informatica finance integration transformation data staging layer for SAP Bank Analyzer.
BBVA COMPASS BANK, Birmingham, AL 2010 - 2012
Partnered with project management, business unit leaders, external partners and Accenture on $350M project that replaced the banks core technology infrastructure for over 700 bank branches in 7 states across Sunbelt footprint. Assigned to 4 separate business areas to support as functional architect or business and technical analyst.
- Supported Consumer and Mortgage Lending products and their transformation to Accenture's Alnova Financial Solutions, a real-time core banking solution for financial services industry. Worked with business unit leaders and SMEs to assess current capabilities, document business requirements and translate and develop into technical requirement documents.
- Contributed to successful transformation of Commercial Lending products to Automated Financial Systems Commercial Lending Origination, Administration and Level III Servicing platforms. Conducted regular briefings and discussions regarding current and future commercial banking group projects, needs, strategy, assessments and deployments.
- Participated in sessions to define and document business and technical requirements to integrate AFS Commercial Lending solutions with Moodys risk management during the Commercial Credit Risk Management conversion to Moodys Risk Analyst.
- Provided support during Relationship Exposure Aggregation and Limits Management software development and conversion to Microsoft .NET Solutions. Participated in detailed source data discovery and data mapping sessions with credit risk aggregation business SMEs, IT and EDW specialists.
TSYS, Columbus, GA 1990 - 2009
DIRECTOR APPLICATION SYSTEMS, Finance / HR / Supply Chain
Led and managed the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Financial Performance Management (FPM) software evaluation and selection, development and delivery, conversion and production support for a $2B international credit card and electronic payment services company:
- Chaired and led the ERP Evaluation and Selection Committee: evaluated solutions from Infor, Oracle, SAP, Microsoft, IBM Cognos and TM1.
- Outlined and sold the total business value of new ERP, FPM and BI solutions to executive business management and IT executive committees to obtain the necessary approvals.
- Recruited, staffed and managed the workload and professional development of project managers, business and system analysts, mainframe and ASP.NET / C# developers.
-Partnered with business unit leaders and Avanade, a subsidiary of Accenture, to research and define, develop and deliver the ERP product, technology and process transformation to Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP business and supply chain software for TSYS and its global affiliate companies.
- Led and managed the delivery, development, conversion and production support for Infor / Computer Associates ERP business and supply chain software for TSYS and its global affiliate companies: Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, General Ledger, Purchasing, Inventory Control and Warehousing.
- Architected and developed corporate business and accounting systems: Accounts Receivable, Budgeting and Expense Forecasting, Client Billing, Cost Accounting and Profitability, Revenue Forecasting, Travel and Expense, HRIS and Personnel.
- Corporate net earnings increased 41% on 20% revenue growth the 1st full year on the Budgeting and Expense Forecasting system. The Budget system also helped sustain double digit growth in corporate net earnings each year for over a decade.
- Implemented and integrated Oracle Hyperion and SAP BPC / Outlooksoft with legacy ERP systems for ad-hoc analytics, financial consolidations and reporting and revenue forecasting.
- Partnered with IT Operations to establish and manage Production, UAT/Testing, and failover Disaster/Recovery network services environments.
- Developed and managed the ongoing Sarbanes-Oxley operational compliance with KPMG and Internal Audit: COBIT, ITIL, ITSM.
ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE
FIRST NATIONAL BANK OF TUSKALOOSA, Tuscaloosa, AL
BANKING OFFICER & PROGRAMMER / ANALYST
- Bachelor in Interdisciplinary Administrative Sciences: Management, Computer Science, Marketing. University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
- Platforms: Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows NT, IBM MVS, Linux
- RDBMS: Oracle, MS SQL Server, SAP Sybase, IBM DB2 & VSAM
- Methodologies: Agile / Scrum and Waterfall