Dynamic IT/SAP Executive focused on Strategy, Execution and Delivery (PMP)
Reliability | Precision | Predictability
Impact oriented IT/SAP leader with proven success in managing high-profile projects within a FDA regulated healthcare setting. Well respected by clients/customers for consistent ability to deliver on-time/within-budget with precision and quality.
- SAP / ERP
- Vendor Management
- FDA Software Validation
- Project Management (PMP)
- Portfolio Management
- Process Improvement
- Strategic Planning
- Software Development
- Tissue Banking
Director, IS Compliance & Strategic Projects
April 2013 - Present
Working for a $160M non-profit global leader in regenerative medicine which is the world's largest provider of bio-implants and organs for transplantation whose mission is saving lives and restoring health by advancing the field of tissue engineering.
Manage the Information Systems Quality program with a focus on Compliance to all relevant bodies including FDA. Drive key corporate objectives by strategizing and executing key IS projects.
- Computer Systems Change Control Optimization
- Led IS for FDA and Internal Audits
- Led PCI Compliance efforts
- Finalized FDA UDI requirements for the company. Provided recommendation and help select GS1 as the issuing agency. Resolved implementation details to support UDI within SAP and current labeling system (Prisym).
- Launched International Distribution controls on 7/20/2014 within SAP to
meet regulatory requirements for distribution of tissue to International Clients.
- Launched SAP on 8/1/2014 for the Institute of Regenerative Medicine (IRM) division of LifeNet Health. The implementation brought ERP capabilities to the Cell production unit of the IRM. The division is fully integrated with the corporate system allowing manufacturing capabilities in SAP for the IRM and bringing visibility to all functions in the corporate system.
Director, IS, Virginia Beach, VA
June 2005 to March, 2013
As Corporate Executive team member, responsible for strategizing, planning and implementing software solutions to meet key corporate operational goals.
- Implemented SAP at a recent acquisition on the west coast. SAP was integrated into the corporate system with PP, QM, SD, MM, WM and FICO. Retired legacy system support($200k/month) ( June 2012 - Sep 2012)
- Supported and continuously improve all software development, implementation and maintenance activities under FDA software validation regulations by creating, instituting and managing processes as per FDA guidelines. Successfully passed all FDA Audits. (2005- Current)
- Led several SAP operational optimization & reporting initiative (2011)
- Provided a competitive edge by implementing a $4M SAP business platform. Responsible for leading the integration of Sales, Distribution, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Quality and Finance onto a single scalable platform. Completed project in 11 months, ahead of schedule and on budget. Projected savings of $4M over 5 years (2009-2010)
- Devised and executed a bridging strategy to ensure continued support for the business during the SAP implementation by reengineering a legacy application in-house without additional external spend over a span of 11 months to run on the most current technology i.e. from OMNIS/Oracle to Vb.Net / MS SQL. Soft savings of $200K/year (2008)
- Developed and implemented business and projected plans that spanned over 13 months to replace two legacy applications (Great Plains 6 and Siebel) with Dynamics Great Plains 9.0 resulting in improved visibility, stability and vendor support. ($1M/ 2005-2006)
- Increased efficiency of the development teams capacity and improved customers expectations by establishing Project Portfolio Management with our business leaders whereby projects were reviewed and prioritized every quarter. (2006)
- Improved Project Delivery and Predictability by implementing Project Management methodology within the development team resulting in several successfully planned software releases. Eliminated the need of additional headcount for Project Management with a savings of $160K/yr (2006)
- Improved Customer Service by instituting a new helpdesk triage process which leveraged the helpdesk resources in the most optimal fashion and reduce ticket closure time. (2005)
- Planned and executed a successful corporate relocation within 3 months for all software applications including a 24 x 7 Call Center. (2005)
Project Manager (Contractor), Blue Shield of California, CA
Jan. 2004 to Jun. 2005
Blue Shield of California is a not-for-profit health plan based in San Francisco, California servicing over 3.4 million health plan members and nearly 65,000 physicians across the state.
- Improved decision making capabilities for key business leaders by providing a business intelligence platform with the design & successful implementation of the Medical Claims and Financial Payments data ware-houses.
Project Manager/Business Analyst/Developer (Contractor), Express Scripts (ESI), Minneapolis, MN
Jul. 1997 to Jan. 2004
Express is the 2nd largest Prescription Benefit Manager (PBM) in the US. It handles millions of prescriptions annually and is home to 11,000+ employees.
- Improved client satisfaction by streamlining the account set-up process and reengineering the product framework for ESIs product offerings through the design, planning and implementation of Siebel Financial Services 7.5. (2002-2003)
- Played a major role in the elimination of 2 software platforms necessitated through 2 major acquisitions by successfully leading a 3 year data consolidation effort for the Claims, Indemnity and Drug functional modules. (1999-2002)
- Recommended to lead data consolidation efforts as a result of becoming an expert on the business rules within 18 months as a contractor. (1999)
- Provided Production support for the most complex issues and developed key enhancements to companys main business engine as a Developer. (1997-1999)
IT Manager, Bhatia Brothers, Dubai, (U.A.E)
Jan. 1996 to Jun. 1997
Bhatia Brothers is a diverse business catering to the Oil, Hospitality, Electronics and Real Estate Industries.
- Standardized desktop hardware/software across the enterprise ensuring compliance and streamlining software support within 10 months of employment.
- Launched Business Process Reengineering efforts with a focus to streamline business operations across the enterprise.
EDUCATION & AWARDS
Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Programming, System Analysis and Applications,
Apple Leasing & Ltd, Mumbai, India - 1987
Bachelor of Science (Life Sciences), St. Xaviers College, Mumbai, India 1985
Presidents Award - 2010 - for leadership regarding selection of the SAP system and championing a legacy system upgrade that will revolutionize the business processes of the company
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification June 2013
SOFTWARE & PLATFORM EXPERIENCE
Software Applications - SAP ECC 6.0, Great Plains 9.0, Siebel 7.0
Business Intelligence Tools - Business Objects (BOBJ)
Databases - SQL, Oracle, Informix, Progress
Languages - C, C++, 4GL
Others - Rational Unified Process (RUP) & Data-Warehouse
** SAP ADDENDUM
- Led the ERP vendor selection process with a review of SAP, Dynamics AX and Infor before finalizing SAP as the final platform.
- Key requirement for ERP was an integrated system with Manufacturing Execution capabilities. This was met by SAP with the PP-PI module specifically Production Execution for the Process Industries.
- Led the project as part of the Core Team made up of key contributors from business.
- Led all technical aspects of the project implementation.
- Ensured project execution as part of the Project Management Office (PMO)
- Directly managed the build of the Technical Landscape to provide a robust scalable database platform for the Development, Quality, Production and Disaster Recovery environments.
- Directly managed the conversion and loading of legacy Master and Transactional data.
- Instituted new User Access Procedures for SAP.
- Partnered with KPMG to build key controls for SAP to ensure SOX like compliance
- Partnered with Answerthink for implementation of SAP (Business and Technical Enhancements).
- Partnered with Paymetric to build Credit Card functionality into SAP while ensuring PCI compliance.
- Directly managed the build of interfaces to legacy applications (Shipping, Labeling)
- Established new processes to ensure Segregation of Duties.
- Rolled out SAP ERP with SD, WM, MM, PP-PI, QM Lite, FI and CO to about 300+ users.
- Established Organizational levels for the company.
- Hands-on configuration (SPRO) experience in MM, SD, WM & PP.
- Provided major organizational efficiencies using SAP Post implementation
* Inter-company setups to allow new international entity to operate using current companys inventory with native currency
* Optimization of the Sales Order Process to reduce Order taking time and navigation errors.
* Improved data extraction processes to facilitate Production Planners.
* Key Sales Reporting via enhanced reports
* Improved efficiencies of Key Subcontracting process used to radiate grafts externally to reduce errors and turnaround time
* Automated recovery contract pricing procedures using condition techniques in MM.
* Improved key Finance procedures budgeting, COGS, etc
* Improved Purchasing department procedures using Blanket POs, Vendor Consignment process, Automating Purchase requisitions with workflow