Executive IT business partner with sustained record of delivering high-impact information solutions and services that are treated as investments by the enterprise to increase shareholder value and assure ongoing operations. Successful in developing and leading advanced, global technology organizations in demanding environments featuring rapid change from organic growth, M&A and volatile cyclical conditions. MBA with twelve years of international business experience in customer operations, and planning and analysis prior to IT.
- Executive Stakeholder Steering
- IT Strategy Leadership
- Enterprise Architecture
- Project, Portfolio Management
- Solution Delivery & Operation
- ERP (SAP, Oracle, Baan)
- Business Intelligence
- Supply Chain & B2B Integration
- M&A Integration & Synergy
- Organizational Development
- IT Governance & Compliance
- India IT Delivery Partnership
Vice President, IT
Led a staff of 60 to deliver the full spectrum of IT services including: business automation, enterprise infrastructure management, site support, and IT strategy and governance. Serve a multi-site, global structure of manufacturing, sales, service and operations centers for this leading international materials innovator. Directed a system portfolio that includes full deployment of SAP, manufacturing and business intelligence platforms, and global technology infrastructure.
- Led integration of IT for $multi-billion acquisition by new corporate parent. Produced IT efficiencies resulting in annual expense reductions that enabled company to far exceed synergy goals within first year.
- Established multi-year IT strategy, systems roadmaps and organizational plan to enable company's global operations improvement programs. Expanded IT development and support capacity by 2.5 times the increase in labor cost to position organization for higher business automation demand. Included building a new offshore systems development team.
- Delivered integrated shop floor management solution that extends existing enterprise system investments by automating critical shop floor functions. Reduced inventory variances and established track and trace visibility where none existed.
- Launched strategic business intelligence competency that delivers robust data mart solutions and self service reporting based on enterprise data of record. Transformed key business performance analysis, covering a majority of the company's revenue, and retired legacy reports and databases.
- Sponsored multi-year technical architecture improvement program that supported roughly 50% growth in both user base and core business transactions over 3 years. Established separate systems pipelines to allow concurrent project development and operational support, and a virtual application server tier to eliminate existing system capacity constraints.
- Led development of comprehensive user mobility strategy that resulted in majority of company device users being converted to their own personal devices and plans, accessing corporate data through a new secure mobile management platform. Expect to eliminate need for mobile provisioning and annual communication costs of $100K+ within 2 years.
- Championed transition to internal cloud infrastructure using virtual computing, storage and replication technologies to maximize resource utilization, and recover critical systems automatically in remote DR site. Raised number of servers 40% and cut hardware failure recovery time from 8+ hours to less than 15 minutes, while eliminating $100K+ in annual operating costs.
- Renegotiated global lease for personal computers and productivity tools at a 4% reduction in unit cost. Delivered significantly improved computing capability to a growing global base of business users.
- Designed and led corporate security program that significantly strengthened posture across enterprise and local systems. Security related findings from annual external audits decreased 70%+ over 3 years.
- Instituted joint management of development demand with business functions, now structured as projects focusing on high-impact needs. Reduced persistent development backlog of key system roughly 50% in less than 1 year.
- Implemented project and portfolio management disciplines that established standards for solution framing, project execution, and executive oversight. Increased delivery of key IT projects by a factor of 4.
Global Project Manager
For leading provider of business applications software, managed critical projects for the deployment of an internal $multi-million strategic marketing initiative, within an enterprise CRM and Business Intelligence environment. This multi-year project encompassed the global adoption of standard campaign and lead management processes, as well as reporting required to achieve corporate business goals and worldwide marketing objectives.
- Developed project plans and secured approval from Marketing Operations and regional leadership teams. This plan structure also served as the template for all other related plans.
- Worked with Marketing Operations teams at corporate headquarters to lead deployment planning workshop and knowledge sharing with market unit leaders covering multiple countries.
- Successfully managed integration of plans with other closely related, strategic marketing projects.
Director, IT Services
For the foremost maker of electronics manufacturing products, built a new IT governance function where none existed and oversaw the complete global restructuring of all IT processes, controls and PMO activities. Delivered business system analysis to executive management for proposed enterprise solutions and chaired quarterly CEO staff reviews of IT investment.
- Developed and instituted a systems portfolio business alignment process and an impact model that established the relative value of complex strategic automation alternatives. Guided executive team IT investment decisions.
- Created a 3-year program plan and resource analysis to migrate all activity of 2 major businesses, encompassing 70% of the company's revenue on Baan ERP, to Oracle ERP. Validated solution for Equipment products across entire fulfillment flow with Oracle's application experts and internal functional leads. Results were instrumental in executive funding of program.
- Authored an IT project management oversight process that assured the accurate translation of business requirements to physical solutions through entire SDLC. Selected and implemented Clarity software package that automated new process.
- Headed a 9 month, Board mandated, project with Finance and HR that overhauled ERP access based on analysis of job roles. Resolved separation of duties conflicts and integrated IT system access with HR employee change and financial controls.
- Eliminated external audit effort by approximately 20% while leading global IT Sarbanes Oxley 404 program. Successful external audits with only 3 or less deficiencies in each of 3 years out of 40 key controls.
- Reduced turnaround of the global IT annual plan from 21 to 10 days. Overhauled process for consolidation and analysis of $multi-million IT operating budget and organization (100 people) across 13 sites.
Director, Customer Systems
Led enterprise business automation programs and the creation of a new global business model to enable the corporations brand unification and e-business strategies. Directed a team of 4 IT professionals providing application design, PMO services, technical architecture, and telecommunications management to the business.
- Directed a $9M e-commerce program for company's worldwide Spare Parts and Tools businesses. Achieved $7M revenue through channel during 2002 (50% of Spares business) with over 400 customers and 2,000 registered users.
- Developed a model to reduce IT expenditures by $5M (discounted) over 7 years that featured a scaleable cost structure with 3 top-tier managed service providers. Member of corporate team that developed plan to outsource IT operations worldwide.
- Reduced global WAN costs $400K and site telephony costs $600K by reconfiguring network to evolving company structure.
- Chaired a cross-functional committee that reduced backlog of planned IT effort hours by over 50% within a period of 6 weeks. Instituted new IT project demand management model for critical Oracle enhancements.
Manager, Business Systems
Completely overhauled many of the transaction processes and systems for the company's largest business segment (68% of company revenue) by implementing an $11M Baan ERP system. This four-year program integrated all core processes, centralized cash collection for domestic and foreign operations, and reduced sales order cycle time from 24 hours to 30 minutes. Designed and implemented a sales and operations planning system for the global equipment business, which integrated the activity of 50 users in 3 factories and 6 sales regions worldwide. Reporting cycle time was reduced from weekly to daily.
Manager, Business Operations Led staff of 11 for global order management and business analysis.
Supervisor, Sales Support Led 5-person sales and tech support team for 2 leading product lines.
Sr. Product Marketing Specialist Lived in Asia for 6 months to launch flagship product in key market.
MBA, BA, and Masters coursework in Computer Information Science