Building Great Products & Services; Driving Growth & Delivering Results
Summary: Technology Operating Executive with extensive international leadership experience and track record for achieving rapid product and service growth. Broad background in Communications, Data Networking & Internet, Software, eCommerce and IT.
Key strengths are:
- Driving Strategy Development and Execution: Proven success at conceptualizing product, service and technology strategy; then translating to initiatives that drive growth, innovation, quality, efficiency, and overall customer satisfaction. Focus on quickly getting to the desired results.
- Project, Program & Product Management: Leading Product initiatives, establishing a PMO, defining roadmap and implementation plans, managing projects, defining governance structure, and leading key corporate initiatives including mergers and integrations.
- Broad Technology Innovation Expertise: Highly experienced Engineering, IT/IS and Operations leader. Focal point for using technology to drive growth by achieving breakthrough solutions for major business challenges, and for introducing and supporting innovative products and services.
- Financial Management & Analytics: Increasing profitability with expense, cost, and margin control. Managing organization budgets, capital projects, and vendor relationships including outsourcing.
- Leading People & Organizations: Achieving challenging objectives through empowered teams, cross-functional collaboration, direct communications and dynamic results focused organizations.
- Customer Orientation: Establishing a culture of customer satisfaction and service excellence with a significant emphasis on advanced analytics reporting, and an ongoing presence with key customers.
TimeLinx Software, President & COO, Andover Massachusetts 2012 - 2013
Software application startup providing CRM based Professional Service Management software that optimizes project and resource management for service and consulting businesses.
- Augmented the LAN/Web solution portfolio to include Mobile and Cloud/SaaS product offers.
- Established a customer support center and provided consultative project management and system integration services to key clients.
- Established an outsourcing arrangement in India for new product software development.
iBasis (Acquired by KPN), Burlington Massachusetts 2001 - 2011
An internet startup and the first provider of Voice-over-IP (VoIP) global wholesale communications services. The phenomenal growth to $1.2 billion in revenue included a global expansion, two acquisitions that doubled the size of the company and the sale of the company to a major European national carrier.
Chief Operating Officer iBasis 2009 - 2011
Day-to-day operations for the expanding voice and mobile solutions portfolio. Overall leadership for Product Management, CIO IT/IS, CTO Engineering & Network Architecture, Operations and PMO:
- Exceeded business plan objectives with 35% revenue increase and $1.2 billion in revenue while completing 24 billion minutes international voice.
- Exceeded EBITDA objective by $4 million including 10% reduction in transmission costs and 5% expense reduction by consolidating operations centers and streamlining organizations.
- Successfully delivered annually over 100 internal and customer projects with $20M capital budget.
- Completed the sale and transition of iBasis to KPN.
Senior Vice President, Global Products, Network & Systems iBasis 2007 - 2009
Led two major acquisitions and integrations that doubled the size of iBasis. Integrations were especially remarkable since they merged businesses that had cultures of monopoly incumbent carriers (PTTs) based in Europe using obsolete technology into a vibrant American high tech startup using the latest technologies and procedures.
- Completed the due diligence and acquisition of KPN Global Carrier Services, the primary Netherlands carrier, and the international wholesale voice business of TDC, the primary Danish carrier.
- Overachieved on the $25m integration synergy objective through organization optimization, consolidated products, merged customer accounts, one set of systems including an SAP ERP system in full compliance with Sarbanes Oxley, and an integrated network architecture.
Senior Vice President, R&D, Engineering, & Operations iBasis 2001 - 2007
Led Network Architecture, Operations, Engineering and Information Systems during a period of explosive growth; 50% average and 85% peak annual volume increase. Provisioned and supported >1000 telecom carriers and >2500 POPs in >120 countries through Network Operations Centers in Asia and the US.
- Built and expanded the global network across 8 major US, Europe and Asian sites.
- Drove growth through rapidly expanded product/service offers, superior network capabilities, and an industry leading advanced analytics engine.
- Introduced new international retail VoIP offers with calling cards and an eCommerce Website, Pingo.
- Achieved lowest cost structure with ground breaking software enabling call routing over the public Internet with very high quality and with very fine geographic granularity.
- Established a PMO professionalizing the program and project management approach across iBasis.
- Expanded operations support and software development with outsourcing in India, China, and Israel.
- Established key technology partners including Cisco, EMC, Neteeza, Oracle, SAP, HP and Sun.
Paradyne (Acquired by Zhone), Largo Florida 1991 - 2001
Spun out from AT&T, Paradyne emerged as a private equity owned venture that went IPO in 1999. Paradyne products sold to over 50% of the Fortune 500 and >100 service providers worldwide.
Senior Vice President, DSL Paradyne 2000 - 2001
Leader for the DSL Broadband Business, an emerging market initiative with $150M yearly revenue. Fostered cooperative dynamic environment that encouraged the teamwork required to meet aggressive customer delivery schedules for the broadband access market.
Vice President, R&D Paradyne 1996 - 2000
Promoted to lead all Engineering managing a $50M budget and 375 engineers. Established outsourcing for software and hardware development in India and Mexico. Integrated an acquisition with 85 employees.
- Achieved rapid broadband revenue growth exceeding $200M annually. Released yearly >40 new product releases; >60 new circuit boards and >100 software releases.
- Achieved ISO 9001 certification and product cost reduction initiative exceeding $12M annual savings.
Director, Access Products AT&T Paradyne 1991 - 1995
Relocated from AT&T Bell Labs in Middletown, New Jersey to be the leader for the engineering, design and development of all data networking access products in AT&T Paradyne.
Prior Experience: Engineer and Supervisor at AT&T Bell Labs for various Engineering/R&D Teams developing market leading data communications products for Enterprises and Service Providers.
Masters of Business Administration, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 4.0/4.0
Masters/Bachelors Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, New Jersey 3.9/4.0