DARRELL W. BROYLES
321 North Pinon Street ? Olathe, KS 66061
Cell: (913) 638-4276 ? firstname.lastname@example.org
? Twenty plus years of experience in Technical Engineering, Supervisory, and Support Specialist Positions.
? Leadership of teams of 30 technical contributors
? Expert-Level support to Management, Team Members, and Customers
? Portfolio of Achievements: Multiple “Excellence Awards” from Sprint, Collaborator, and team player as evidence by successful training of Team Members on new technologies along with leading/training others through migrations and conversions projects
? Successful completion of a Masters of Information Systems Degree with a GPA of 3.8
? Successful in optimizing IT infrastructures, integrating of current systems across multiple platforms, and aligning business objectives with current technology solutions.
? Employee Supervision, Coaching, and Evaluation
? 10 years of IT Audit, Risk or Compliance experience ? Security experience with Kerberos authentication and various networking protocols
? Installation and configuring of Solaris, AIX, Linux OS, software, storage, and networking equipment
? Knowledge of regulatory controls, Sarbanes-Oxley and SOC reporting ? Involved in preparing complex build/test plans for implementation of new technologies/configurations
? Experience with networking technologies including routers, switches, and firewalls
? System administration skills: Windows Servers, Linux, UNIX (Solaris and AIX), SMTP, VPN, TCP/IP, SNMP, LDAP, Apache, and HTTP/HTTPS
? Analyze and troubleshoot need based solutions to establish and build relationships with vendors in conjunction with corporate leadership
? Contract negotiation and management within the IT field
? Evaluation of impact of control deficiencies in audits, expansions and refining of control deficiency.
? Corrective action plans for deficiencies noted
? Planning, designing, and implementation of Enterprise solutions involving VMware, NetApp, and Microsoft Technologies.
Jack Henry and Associates.
System/Network Admin Advanced, 2014 –Present
• Provides effective and up to date technical support for over 400 AIX servers to ensure a consistently high level of system monitoring, verification of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, review of system and application logs, and verification of completion of scheduled jobs.
• Perform software installation, upgrades/patches, troubleshooting, and maintenance on UNIX servers, Windows Servers, and Linux servers
• Assesses system requirements and develops positive and practical recommendations.
• Analyze and resolve diagnostic problems associated with the data center regarding AIX and Linux systems
• Troubleshoot and resolve customer and internal reported system concerns/issues including the use of Episys software
• Implemented new security protocols by moving server environments to a quicker and more secure location.
• Document and implement system procedures, policies, and troubleshooting techniques within the department Wiki
• Perform essential functions required for system backup and restoring of customer data
• Implement customer requests for DNS changes within the Ease environment
• Implement system enhancements such as software and hardware updates, that will improve the performance and reliability of the system
ALCATEL-LUCENT – OVERLAND PARK, KS
Technical Engineer, 2008-2014
• Provide 3rd-level technical support for the Sprint Nortel Periphonics’ key CTX and Cantata (Dialogic) IATF platforms, UNIX/ SUN Solaris platform
• Administered and monitored overall performance daily along with documentation and addressing/resolving issues affecting client service
• Updated and patched UNIX servers and applied vendor patches
• Facilitation and reporting of recommendations from After Action Reviews conducted with incident management teams
• Tracked equipment and created procedures for repair and replacement of necessary hardware
• Worked on teams, for the development of all incident management planning within the Divisions and Business units at Sprint to assure alignment with corporate planning
• Developed and delivered presentations to upper management on platform progress and existing/potential problems
• Served as the liaison to third-party IT resources to resolve advanced issues
• Developed best practices and tools for DR test, management, and execution
• Conducted audits, assessed back-ups, and performed tests to make sure data could be retrieved in a timely manner
• Selected Achievements & Contributions:
o Trained new personnel at Alcatel-Lucent global site in the use of developed or acquired SW/HW following relocation of the Control Center Level 1 Support from Overland Park, KS to Global Network Control Center in Bydgoszcz, Poland
o Trained and assisted peer employees to handle platform issues independently, freeing up time for more important matters
Part-time Adjunct Faculty teaching online, 2012 – 2014
Taught Fundamental Concepts of Information Systems, Computer Concepts and Office Applications, Database Design, Risk Management, System Analysis and Design, and an introduction to Networking Technologies including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), protocols, topologies, transmission media, and security
SPRINT-NEXTEL, OVERLAND PARK, KS
Enterprise Services Technical Support Engineer II, 2000-2008
• Tier 2 Technical Support for Sprint PCS.com and Nextel.com Portal Servers Administrator of AIX and Linux systems
• Completed installation, configuration, migration, troubleshooting, and performance tuning for various applications/systems, including WebSphere Deployment Manager and WebSphere Application, and IBM Edge Servers on Linux and Windows 2003
• In charge of deploying J2EE applications within WebSphere Administration Console and Portal Administration Portlets, as well as xmlaccess and wsadmin scripting environments.
• Wrote Scripts in Perl for automation tasks to improve job performance
• Selected Achievements & Contributions:
o Provided project team leadership and employee training in all positions from 2000 to 2007, contributing to improved performance and the achievement of Sprint’s top-priority objectives
o Spearheaded technical assessments that resulted in reduced costs and project collaterals that led to increased sales. Earned series of internal Excellence Awards for various projects (2000-2004)
o Managed IT infrastructure at an industry leading telecommunications company, leading project execution, the resolution of complex technical issues, and the delivery of system upgrades and deployments
o Produced written procedures needed to complete assigned tasks during maintenance window
** Prior experience as Supervisor of Technical Support Staff within the United States Navy
• Supervised over 30 team members within calibration facility
• Restructured training program to bring personnel up to unit standards 45% quicker than with previous program
• Wrote industrial-gauge manuals that included theories, requirements, and procedures for safety, operational, and maintenance items.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Master of Information Systems
University of Phoenix, 2009
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology
Southeast Missouri State University, 1999
Advanced Electronics School
United States Navy (Radar and Communication Equipment)