SENIOR COMMERCIAL EXECUTIVE
Elevating sales performance to consistently exceed revenue and business objectives
Strategic Senior Executive with a 20-year accomplished career. Recognized for delivering and sustaining revenue and profit gains within highly competitive U.S. retail and hospital markets. Exceptional communicator with a consultative sales style, strong negotiation skills, analytical problem solving abilities, and a keen client needs assessment aptitude.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
* Product Launch
* Sales Strategy and Execution
* Tactical Application
* Institutional and Retail Sales
* Training and Development
* Brand Planning
* Managed Markets
* Change Management
* Force Reduction
* Results-Driven Strategy: Developing strategy and direction, defining market share and productivity objectives, creating and implementing national managed care pull-thru strategies, and building representative bench strength.
* Tactical Execution: Translating strategy into simple, actionable tactics that empower sales representatives to be fully accountable for making "best practice" decisions for sales strategy and goal attainment.
* Sales Force Focus: Creating business health metrics that deliver a paradigm shift from strict bottom-line focus to a balanced, business-level understanding of factors affecting sales execution.
* Hands-On Leadership: Recognized as a hands-on leader who fosters an environment of accountability, transparency, and empowerment for high-performing teams.
* Team Development: Creating, structuring, and guiding intra sales force hiring profiles, processes, and events to support the rapid scalability into the Hospital, Primary Care, and Specialty, marketplaces. Champion for Performance Development Plans as a tool to empower reps to better manage their success.
* Therapeutic Category Knowledge: Broad marketplace experience and extensive therapeutic category knowledge including: Allergy and Asthma, Antibiotics, Cardiac Care, CNS, Dermatology, OB-GYN, and Pain Management.
Greg is an incredible strategic thinker who is able to assimilate complex strategies and tactics in a manner that made execution easy and flawless&a champion for sales staff (that) resulted in tremendous sales success&
- W. Pasek, Area Sales Director
Greg believes in empowerment of his people and setting the bar high and his sales team always responded with success. He partnered with his marketing colleagues in a way that truly strengthened both functions.
- A. Hurley, VP Marketing
Gregs leadership preference, a hands-on, were all in this together style, helped us to see that in reaching our individual goals, we were able to meet our aggressive sales force goals.
- E. Fillo, Sales Specialist
BLUE SAIL INC. - Worcester, MA
2013 - Sept. 2014
Founder and Principal
Guided end-to-end development of an innovative software platform and sales approach that aligned sales team execution with brand positioning and corporate objectives.
CUBIST PHARMACEUTICALS - Lexington, MA
2012 - 2013
Vice President of Hospital Sales and Market Access
Recruited to integrate sales organization and develop multi-brand promotional channel. Credited with shifting perspective and capability from a single-product focus to a multi-product discipline. 240 staff; P&L $65M; $1B revenue
* Expanded Market Access at Cubist to adopt greater focus toward Integrated Delivery Systems (IDNs). Expanded capabilities from a pilot of 1 to a dedicated team of 6, leveraging a holistic approach that balanced customer needs now and in the future, considering the evolution of the healthcare landscape.
* Achieved 2012 targets at Cubist against a mature and highly competitive generic-driven marketplace.
* Created the Cubist Leadership Summit; a highly focused investment in front-line leaders aimed at increasing leadership executive perspective, performance management capability, and business ownership.
SUNOVION PHARMACEUTICALS / SEPRACOR INC. - Marlborough, MA
1998 - 2012
Vice President of Sales, Respiratory (2010 - 2012) | Executive Regional Sales Director, North East Region (2004 - 2009) National Account Director, Corporate Accounts (2003 - 2004) | Associate Director, Field Training (2001 - 2002)
Area Business Manager (2000 - 2001) | Respiratory Specialist (1998 - 2000)
Broad multi-discipline commercial experience with a history of increasing responsibility and progression of leadership. Recognized as "go-to" resource for strategy development that achieved lasting organizational change. 330 staff; P&L $94M; $510M revenue
* Exceeded 2010, 2011 and 2012 revenue targets.
* Effected sales turnaround of Xopenex IS®, a 10-year old brand, to achieve $54M (2 share point) increase above forecast in less than 12 months.
* Developed and executed business plan that expanded Sepracor's infrastructure to support the needs of a previously untapped $140M long-term care marketplace.
Strategy & Tactical Execution
* Increased sales call efficiency toward high value hospital targets by 20% through the development and execution of a multi-product prioritization tool (TAGS).
* Innovated a system of local level strategy roll-out: sales representatives and business managers executed national strategy at the regional level with the ultimate aim of creating employees as stakeholders.
* Evaluated and created priorities, established strategy and executed business plans in Hospitals, Long Term Care (LTC), and Integrated Delivery System (IDS) markets.
* Created "The Game," a role-play simulation competition designed to build speed to market fluency, selling skills and measure performance in new representatives during Initial Sales Training Course (ISTC).
* Created a sales force vision of "what could be" to successfully manage morale during the period prior to Xopenex IS® expiry.
* Reduced sales force size by 8% while growing overall revenues by 7%; created and executed business rules to maximize profitability by smart-sizing staffing resources.
* Devised and executed a Hospital Training Program for representatives and managers to support Xopenex® IS expansion into the hospital marketplace with emphasis on both institutional usage and out-patient pull through.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE: Included Pharmaceutical Sales Representative for 3M Pharmaceuticals and Area Business Manager for the US Treasury Department.
BS, Economics and Business Administration, Wagner College, Staten Island, NY, 1989