Business & Economic Development Executive
US & Asian Networks " Customer Operations "
New Product Launches " Business Funding Solutions "
Lean Management " Contract Management " Organizational Startups "
Product Import & Exports " Compliance and Regulation Issues " Finance / Analysis "
Navigating the Complexities of Growing and Operating Business in Global Markets
"Expertise in overseeing all sales, business development, management, and business analysis to reduce costs, increase profitability and improve overall processes."
"Hands-on CEO with extensive experience in business process reorganization which has involved achievements ranging from growing profit margins for large companies to revitalizing underperforming operations and expanding start-up operations."
"Recognized for integrity and perseverance combined with high-level analytical ability to create and implement real cost-saving solutions."
"Highly skilled in working with US companies looking to expand operations and products overseas or international companies looking to expand operations into US markets."
"Gained in-depth knowledge of the Nevada/China business relationship by traveling internationally to build a network of entrepreneurial, consulate and governmental contacts to streamline the penetration and establishment of operations in new global markets."
Direct Selling Strategies | International Business Development | New Product Launch | Start-up Company Expansion | Compliance | Budgeting, Forecasting, and Planning Analysis | Cost Reduction Solutions | Overseas Market Expansion | Relationship Management with Businesses in China | Change Agent | Banking & Financial Services | Advertising & Marketing Solutions | Supply Chain Management | Extensive Work with Elected Federal, and State Officials & Federal/ State Government Agencies
- Increased corporate accounts for an advertising sales company by 45% to $1.7M and profits by 18% by using established relations with banking clients to secure new accounts that included major medical facilities in Las Vegas.
- Directed all operations in the turnaround of a company in Las Vegas by revamping the product lines and pricing schedules, which increased sales by $1M. This was accomplished by securing large corporate accounts in the first year, as well as reducing response times and fuel costs in half by only sending closest representatives to customer locations.
- Expanded sales for a collection company by 33% to $3.3M and profits by 8% through the development of new account relationships with Harrahs Entertainment, MGM Grand Hotel & Casino, Caesars Entertainment, Southwest Gas, NV Energy, Republic Services and Nevada State Bank.
- As a management consultant on a multi-billion $dollar hotel/casino project for the City of Dreams located in Macau, Hong Kong & Zhuhai, China. Identified $3.2M in actual cost savings and operational efficiencies, with an additional $4M in cost savings projected for the following year, totaling $7.2M. This is significant due to the fact, the client has their own Internal Auditing Dept.
- Spearheaded the $24M acquisition of a boutique hotel chain in Miami, FL, by conducting due diligence and analyzing information on the hotel chain. This involved running assessments and directing daily meetings to create and submit an operational plan proposal to the developer on increasing occupancy rate, Revpar, and average daily rate (revenue ratios). As a result, three boutique hotels were purchased based on these management recommendations.
- Attained Top 3 status out of 26 area managers nationally for 11 years, achieving #1 status in sales in Utah for 5 consecutive years, and grew the total number of facilities from 17 to 36 and sales from $17M to $44M.
- Served on the Board of Directors for the non-profit foundation Educational Webcasting Network, 2007.
- While a Member of the Nevada Turn-a-Round Management Association in Las Vegas, was nominated for the "Most Professional Banker of the Year" award, 2009.
- Worked successfully with investment partnership in Las Vegas, NV to secure a $275M industrial revenue bond for the reconstruction of the Moulin Rouge hotel/casino in Las Vegas that included attaching Magic Johnsons name to promote the resurrection of the famous hotel/casino. This was accomplished by working with a law firm to develop an extensive due diligence, demographic, sales & marketing package for the USDA and the mayor of Las Vegas. As a result, the project was approved with a signed letter of inducement, with financial underwriting & support from the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, (USDA) and an Australian gaming company, Aristocrat, who committed to purchase the bonds, In addition to securing Bank of America to be the financial facilitator to release the funds by authorized vouchers.
- Secured over $13M in new SBA loan originations, with average loans of $185K at the Community Bank of Nevada by networking with over 5,000 business and medical/ healthcare contacts and building a large referral base that included developers, brokers, business owners, medical & healthcare practitioners, banks, associations and organizations.
- Developed weekly "lunch & learn" workshops at 14 bank branches by mailing materials, developing agenda and contacting industry professionals to speak. These workshops proved successful as they introduced 50-60 prospective customers each time, with an average of 8 new customers per meeting; while proving valuable for existing customers who expanded their business with the bank as a result of the meetings.
- Instructor and speaker for the National Center for Constitutional Studies (NCCS). NCCS was the only organization invited back to Washington, D.C. by Congress (during the Reagan Administration) to teach the U.S. Constitution in the tradition of the Founding Fathers to Congressional leaders and their staff.
- Established and maintained a network of professionals including law firms, logistic companies, manufacturers, business agents, consultants and government contacts for the Asian Region.
- Recognized for ability to navigate the complexities of doing business globally, which enabled companies from the State of Nevada to diversify their marketplace and reach out to customers in China, Mexico, and Canada
I've been a recognized as a pioneer in many contexts. While serving as the Franchisor Area Sales Manager, I was elected President of the Utah State Tire Dealers and Retreaders Association, where I worked directly with State Legislators and government agencies and health department officials to coordinate a tire recycling program for the entire state.
Throughout my career, Ive had the privilege of working with management teams and owners in numerous industries on multi-million dollar projects, including the refurbishment of jet aircraft to be resold on a secondary market, overseeing the new product launch of an energy drink for former NFL quarterback, Steve Young and co-facilitating all financing for a large project in Las Vegas by securing Magic Johnsons name recognition to the project. Such contacts became my collective creative, business and systemic influences that formed my attitudes and accomplishments in a myriad of successful business roles.
Ive always been acknowledged for having vision and am typically chosen for leadership roles for this reason. For example, in my most recent experience, I was recognized for my ability to identify business opportunities and cost savings, which had previously been missed by internal auditors.
As a leader, I encourage people to maintain their independent spirit while striving for team unity. In my mind, the stability and the relationships I bring with me are unique, but my passion for developing process and operational improvement programs is something that I feel sets me apart in my field. However, I feel that leadership is only as valuable as its ability to persevere and grow in the toughest of times, which is a facet of my experience of which I am most proud.
MJZ INTERNATIONAL, DBA, 2009 - present
COMMUNITY BANK OF NEVADA, Las Vegas, NV 2008 2009
Assistant Vice President / Business Development Officer SBA Lending Department
BUSINESS FUNDING SOLUTIONS, INC., Las Vegas, NV 2004 - 2008
Principal / Co-Founder
BRAKE SUPPLY COMPANY, A DIVISION OF KOCH ENTERPRISES, INC., Las Vegas, NV Senior Sales Executive 2000 - 2004
BIG O TIRES, INC., Englewood, CO
Franchisor Area Sales Manager - Utah/ Wyoming Territory
Education & Development
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration University of Phoenix, Las Vegas, NV,
Honors: Outstanding Senior in Graduating Class
American Bankers Association (ABA) curriculum completed includes 1) Principles of Banking: deposit products and services, check payment process, banking, loans, lending process, banking laws and regulations and personal financial planning; and 2) Analyzing Financial Statements: cash accounting vs. accrual accounting and analysis of components, income statements, balance sheets, statement of cash flow, break-even, risk management, profit and expense, as well as spreadsheets, liquidity ratios and business tax returns.
" Completed New Horizons Computer Learning Centers courses: Excel 2010 version, Levels 1-3 (advanced) - 2013.
" Certified Cash Flow Consultant (CCFC), American Cashflow Association
" Series 63 Securities Exam
" Financial Management Certification, National Financial Management School, Big O Tires, Inc.
Corporate Boards & Affiliations
" Board of Directors, Educational Webcasting Network (EWN), a non-profit foundation, 2007
" President, Utah Tire Dealers & Retreaders Association, 1997-1998.
" Active Participant, Henderson Chamber of Commerce, N. Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce, Asian Chamber of Commerce and Latin Chamber of Commerce, Las Vegas, NV, 2011-Present
" CEO-CFO Group, Las Vegas, NV, 2006-2010
" Turn-a-Round Management Association (TMA), Las Vegas NV, 2006-2010 - Nominated for Most Professional Banker of the Year, award, 2009
" National Association of Industrial Office Properties, 2008-2009
" Commercial Certified Investment Management Group, 2008-2009
" Business Network International (BNI), 2008-2010
" City Care Business Network (CCBN), 2005-2009