NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER - RETAIL / GPO / COMMERCIAL PAYERS
Big-Picture Account Director and Managed Markets Executive with career wins achieving aggressive goals in highly competitive retail, GPO, and commercial payer markets.
Customer-Focused Leader driven by accomplishment and dedication to serving the needs of clients, healthcare providers, and their patients.
Effective Liaison and Negotiator with proven ability in developing contract strategy and maintaining >$125M annually in contracts.
Respected Team Mentor who has successfully hired, developed, and promoted high-performance sales representatives and account managers.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Win-Win Contract Strategy
Data Analysis / Market Assessment
Analytical Forecasting & Budgeting
Strategic Planning & Goal Setting
Team Leadership and Mentoring
Pharmacy Benefits Management
Group Purchasing Organizations
Medicare / Medicaid
Premier; Novation; MedAssets; HPG; MMCAP; Broadlane; MHA; Provista; Walgreen's; CVS; Rite Aid; Costco; Sam's Club / Walmart; Adventist Health; Tenet; HCA; Magellan; Oschner Health System; University of North Carolina; State of Florida; GeoCare; University of Michigan; Greater NY Health and Hospital; Duke University; National Jewish Providence Healthcare; PACT; Cardinal
ACCOUNT STRATEGY & LEADERSHIP HIGHLIGHTS
GLOBAL PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY
2013 - Present
National Account Manager, Retail, GPO, Commercial Payers
Recruited as key foundational contracting member of newly formed business division after the company brought sales and product branding back in-house. Tapped to lead contract strategy and new business development for national GPO, retail chain, and commercial payer accounts with a focus to grow business >20% Y-O-Y. Travel >50%.
* Secured the company's largest single order in the history of the brand.
* Championed first performance-based contract for GPO carve-out. Collaborated with carve-out group from nation's second largest GPO to negotiate a new strategy impacting >300 national facilities.
* Interfaced with wholesaler / distributors to manage customer supply-chain needs and ensure availability for major retail clients.
EOS INSIGHTS - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
2012 - 2013
A consulting firm specializing in Accountable Care and healthcare reform.
Principal and Lead Consultant
Leveraged expertise in managed markets, GPOs, and healthcare reform to found consultancy serving emerging Accountable Care Organizations. Advised on business strategy development and negotiated contracts with Commercial, Institutional, and Government payers. Identified key alliances that impacted company growth and bottom-line profitability.
* Invited by the Medical Group Management Association to speak as an industry thought leader in healthcare reform and Accountable Care strategies.
LEADING PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY
1998 - 2012
Account Director, Institutional Sales / Director of Contracting Hospital Markets (2006 - 2012)
Developed contracting strategy with brand teams, negotiated with C-Suite executives and directors, developed pull-through strategy with sales, developed and lead a team of contractors across the country, and maintained key relationships throughout the industry. Developed and presented clinical and business cases for Respiratory and CNS products. 75% travel.
* Achieved $85M launch for new anti-psychotic through successful negotiation of multiple national, regional and local GPO and institutional accounts.
* Prepared hospital channel for record >$1B launch of CNS drug.
* Collaborated with government affairs teams to ensure rapid Medicaid uptake for anti-psychotic treatment.
* Drove $11M in 2012 respiratory sales through state departments of corrections.
* Executed and developed strategy to defend generic intrusion successfully maintaining $11-14M annual SKU sales and protecting $100M franchise.
* Negotiated reduced fee contracts with largest GPOs resulting in >$350,000 annual savings.
* Developed contract strategy that generated $2.8M in Q4 '08 with <5% spend-to-revenue ratio.
Account Director, VA and DoD Sales (2004 - 2006)
Created channel strategy for Veteran's Administration channel and Department of Defense. Called on high-ranking decision makers from the facility level to the Federal offices. Coordinated sales efforts through cross-functional planning.
* Won sole-branded status with the Dept. of Defense for insomnia product, generating $35M in sales.
* Negotiated VA pricing for asthma product that moved 1.25M units.
* Coordinated Account Director strike team for VA/DoD, winning two major product approvals.
* Achieved formulary wins with eight regional MCOs in Florida and Puerto Rico between 2004 and 2006.
* Coordinated lobbyist teams to establish and defend company brands in Florida politics, resulting in numerous Medicaid product wins and >$30M sales.
Regional Account Director, Southeast US & Puerto Rico (2002 - 2004)
Gained access and improved formulary status with MCOs utilizing a broad range of internal resources and market analysis.
Maintained relationships at many levels of all pertinent organizations and integrated customers with key internal personnel. Communicated progress to upper management and field sales effectively to maximize efficient and profitable pull-through.
* Gained formulary T2 status for branded respiratory drug with 11 plans in Florida, Georgia and Puerto Rico.
* Won PDL inclusion in FL Medicaid 4 times in 20 mos.
* Developed and implemented formulary access strategies that netted $22M in sales through 2004.
* Coordinated AD - PBM relationship training module to ensure complete understanding of changing marketplace
* Launched and implemented business plans for growing regional and national market share resulting in a 43% increase over 18 mos.
Director, Sales Training and Development/Sales Projects (2000 - 2002)
Identified training needs, developed programs, and monitored organizational improvement throughout the sales function. Identified, hired, organized, and developed training managers at the corporate and field levels. Worked across brand, medical research, regulatory, legal, and new product development teams to ensure best-in-class training.
* Hired, managed, and developed 16 Regional Sales Trainers and two Sales Training Specialists resulting in nine promotions to Area Business Manager and three to Regional Sales Director.
* Trained more than 400 representatives and 47 managers, expanding sales from $40M to $300M.
* Created New Hire Training Program for Sales Force expansion.
* Budgeted $2.5M for 2004 expansion training. Negotiated contracts for selling skills, product launch materials, facilities, travel, printing, graphics, consulting, and video production.
Respiratory Specialist, Ft. Lauderdale Territory (1998 - 2000)
Bachelor of Arts, Florida International University, Coral Gables, Fla.
* Major: English, Minor: Education
The Wharton Program for Biotech & Pharmaceutical Executives: Vision, Strategy, and Global Leadership
University of Arizona: Advanced Course in Pharmacoeconomic Modeling and Comparative Effectiveness Research Training Program in Health Outcomes and Pharmacoeconomic Research