Conceptualizing and directing high impact initiatives that produce long-term revenue sustainability
Award-winning Managed Markets Account Executive with proven record of dramatically increasing business, sales, and market share in widely diverse and fiercely competitive corporate regional / national healthcare sectors.
* Consensus Builder and Key Influencer: Substantial career wins building consensus among organization-wide stakeholders (marketing, finance, field teams, and executive leadership) to develop "first-of-their-kind" initiatives and win-win business development opportunities.
* Managed Markets Expert: Broad knowledge across MCO, PBM, Medicare Part D & B, State Medicaid, GPO, Closed Door Pharmacy (CDP), IDN/Hospitals, DOC, 340B and Medicare Carriers (MACs) with Buy & Bill reimbursement complexities.
* Business Development Strategist: Executive leader in market expansion across new and untapped channels with the ability to define latent opportunities and service gaps. Defeated top global competitor, Albuterol, across numerous key accounts and despite Sunovion's lesser known brand and higher price.
* Trusted Partner: Recognized as a trusted resource and partner to physicians who clinically differentiates products with a focus on service quality and level of patient care.
* Negotiator and Liaison: Negotiated multiple contracts with Federal organizations and hospitals, including: Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program; Critical Access; Children's; Disproportionate Share (DSH); Free Standing Cancer Hospitals; Rural Referral Centers, Sole Community Hospitals; Black Lung Clinics; Comprehensive Hemophilia Diagnostic Treatment Centers; Title X Family Planning Clinics; STD Clinics; Tuberculosis Clinics.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
* Strategic Analysis & Planning
* Key Account Acquisition
* Bottom-Line & ROI Optimization
* Market Penetration
* Business Development
* Key Relationship Building
* Strategic Alliances
* Team Building & Training
* Clinical Presentations
* Value Propositions
* Win-Win Contract Negotiations
SUNOVION PHARMACEUTICALS INC. (formerly Sepracor, Inc.) - Dallas, Texas 2001 - Present
Corporate Account Director - Institutional Sales (2010 - Present)
Prospect, secure, develop, and manage corporate accounts with focus on achieving formulary access; includes GPO, 340B, and state DOC (city, county jails) and federal prison market channels. Build and direct value teams and subgroups to investigate and capture new opportunities.
* Added $11M in incremental sales in 2012. Maximized growth and profitability of products within GPO, 340B, and DOC market channels; forged strategic relationships and contracts across public and private entities.
* Championed Correctional Healthcare Contract Strategy for 3 Sunovion brands, a new initiative and business channel set to achieve $16M net 2013 sales.
* Instrumental in successful $85M launch, strategically negotiated addition of new anti-psychotic at multiple local, regional, and national GPO and institutional accounts.
* Executed Sunovion's first 340B sub-ceiling strategy with Apexus access for Latuda® which generated +$3M net annual revenue by 2nd year.
* Secured launch of Latuda in +3,000 acute care hospitals including 85% of key accounts. Devised and implemented initial GPO Strategy, including interviewing and training 3 new account directors.
Account Director - Managed Care & Medicaid, Medicare Part B Channel Champion (2005 - 2010)
Penetrated new markets and improved status of formulary positions with regional managed care organizations and state Medicaid providers by leveraging internal and external resources, market analysis, and field sales mobilization. Collaborated with field sales on coordinated MAC strategy during initial coverage determination and market launch through the assignment of unique J-codes and continued pull-through initiatives.
Spearheaded account team efforts to regain and reverse lost market share due to >300% reduction in reimbursement for Xopenex® by executing rebate program with Medicare Part B DME providers. Achieved first of 2 Lunesta® state Medicaid PDL victories, major contract with Texas Medicaid, and Xopenex HFA's first non-line-extension PDL victory with Oklahoma Medicaid; won and maintained PDL inclusions 5 times in 5 years.
* Secured "1 of 3" status for Lunesta on Scott & White Medicare Part D formulary, and successfully added Lunesta to Commercial and Medicare Part D formularies of FirstCare.
* Launched Brovana® and Xopenex into Medicare Part B marketplace through national and regional Home Healthcare market; peak sales of both brands during tenure totaled +$260M.
* Negotiated nation's top performing contract for Lunesta from initial deal in 2006 to present, and achieved "Exclusive Branded Sedative Hypnotic" status with BCBS of Arkansas.
* Saved PDL from loss to competitor and reversed Texas Medicaid's PDL decision against Xopenex® by galvanizing Dept. of Health & Human Services, Medicaid PnT Committee, and physicians to win review.
* Skyrocketed Brovana net revenue by 63% ($73M), by executing Medicare Part B contracting and marketing strategy to improve access and meet target optimization needs.
Training Manager - Institutional Sales (2004 - 2005)
Performed dual roles securing and managing new accounts and directing team of 4 field-training liaisons. Facilitated training workshops for Initial and Advanced Training. Interviewed, evaluated, and recommended ISS and PSS candidates during expansion hiring events. Led national initiatives in tandem with Tenet, Christus, and Kindred Hospital Systems.
* Contributed actively to highest performing team in Sepracor history, collaborating to achieve 153% of goal as team player and leader by example.
* Outperformed national market share within target accounts by 4.7%; placed #2 out of 50 colleagues nationwide; contributed 2.6% of total national institutional sales.
* Cultivated high-performance hospital sales teams, conducting and managing all hospital sales training workshops; achieved "Exemplary" ratings on 150 feedback evaluations.
Regional Therapeutic Specialist (2003 - 2004)
Partnered with Regional Sales Director to identify and target large institutional accounts across 4-state region: Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Arizona. Devised and conducted strategic business plans to increase sales within key targets, including: account calls, clinical presentations, marketing programs, and supporting local reps on physician calls in outpatient areas outlying account locations. Coordinated execution of regional Medicaid strategy with southwest sales team.
* Attracted >215 target hospitals and won multiple key victories in first year, including agreements with Baylor University Medical Center, Mt. Pleasant Hospital, Dubois Hospital, and Dubois LTACH.
* Achieved 2 total Xopenex conversions and 5 Xopenex pathway implementations in Texas.
* Pioneered Xopenex Q6-Q8 care path review at Select Specialty in Oklahoma.
* Designed and executed LTACH training program for numerous RTS, ABM, and RD.
Sales Specialist (2001 - 2003)
Researched, prospected and secured accounts with physicians and hospitals spanning from Dallas to OK City.
* Skyrocketed territory sales performance to #1 out of 159 nationwide territories (up from #63).
* Negotiated major wholesale switch from Albuterol to Xopenex at Baylor Medical EMS System, developing strong relationship with Medical Director.
* Appointed to national field advisory panel. Handpicked by District Manager as Area Sales Trainer due to extraordinary fluency with clinical presentations.
EARLY CAREER NOTE: Professional Sales Specialist, AVENTIS PHARMA, Springfield, Missouri (1998 - 2001). ***Drove significant strategic growth including monthly major target hits in largest territory in region.
Bachelor of Science in Communications, Missouri State University, Springfield, Missouri
AWARDS & HONORS
* Named Best Account Manager by HIRC National HMO Medical Director Panel
* President's Circle of Excellence (x2)
* Above & Beyond Award
* Account Director of the Year (x2)
* Lone Star Award (x2)
* Sales Specialist of the Year
* Area Sales Manager of the Year
* Rookie of the Year
* Regional Launch Champion
* Fast Start Champion