BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST / KEY NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
Successful at developing strategic sales and marketing plans followed by implementation, monitoring, ongoing analysis and adjustments to meet sales objectives. Proven ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and develop and implement effective sales strategies. Skilled consensus builder with the ability to motivate and train team members, instill vision, and lead by example.
Uniquely able to identify business strengths and challenges, make improvements in operations and systems, and optimize productivity to grow revenues and profits. Comfortable working with and reporting to senior executives, and skilled at developing productive relationships at all levels. Experienced at advancing public image by developing community and strategic partnerships.
* Market Analysis
* Strategic Planning
* Persuasion Skills
* Budgets & Forecasts
* Negotiations & Contracts
* Dynamic Communicator
* Customer Satisfaction
* Account Retention
* Territory Management
ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR (ADC)
Major Employee Benefits Third Party Administrator (TPA)
May 2006 - Present
Recruited back to TPA as the first ADC, charged with signing new school districts, municipalities and hospital accounts with specific focus on opening the state of Arizona for the company. New accounts in Arizona now generate over $4.8M in new income to the company representing 12% of annual revenue in 2016
* Delivered training and mentoring to field account representatives to increase retention of existing accounts by strengthening relationships across all levels of the client organization.
* Spearheaded the New Markets Development Group to manage and systematize the development of new market revenue opportunities in Arizona.
* Cultivated strong relationships with 12 different industry associations across 3 states introducing our unique services to enhance their membership benefits.
* Aggressively developed marketing strategies and led full deal-cycles from cold calls and lead generation through sales calls and senior executive presentations, to contract negotiations, due diligence, and closing.
* Influenced decision makers with in-depth knowledge of client needs while communicating unique solutions to address those needs resulting in record level new account sales.
* Signed the first hospital group for the company, bringing in $32M in 401k assets under management and $320K first year income.
DIVISION MANAGER / OFFICER OF SUPERVISORY JURISDICTION
Lewis & Associates / Advantage Capital Corporation - El Paso, TX
Feb 2002 - May 2005
Assumed ownership of and managed a financial planning practice, offering investment, income and estate planning products, employing 2 financial planners and 1 support person. Responsible for increasing assets under management and Commissions to the House (CTH), and improving client satisfaction and NASD compliance evaluation rankings.
* Trained and mentored sales and support staff, establishing internal procedures. Recognized in 2004 by the Regional Vice President for achieving the 2nd best compliance review of all 432 ACC offices.
* Increased assets under management from $16M to $24M over 26 months (+47%), by generating new clients, cultivating established client relationships, and changing the established client fee structure.
* Initiated a comprehensive client portfolio review program, resulting in improved client satisfaction as measured by 100% client retention and 24 new clients from referrals, $3.3M in new assets under management, and $65K in new CTH from those assets.
* Developed 19 new clients from group workshops followed by personal meetings, representing $2.27M in new assets under management and $62K in new CTH.
REGISTERED INVESTMENT ADVISORY REPRESENTATIVE (RIA) Major Employee Benefits Third Party Administrator (TPA)
Jun 2001 - Feb 2002
Recruited back to TPA as the organization's Registered Investment Advisory Representative (RIA) assuming the duties of a retiring RIA. Developed, trained and supported company wide effort to increase revenue from retirement savings accounts. Grew net residual income from investment accounts from $1.3M to $2.7M over 8 month period.
RETIREMENT PLANNING SPECIALIST Bold Financial Group - Albuquerque, NM
Oct 2000 - May 2001
Was associated with this independently owned office of National Planning Corp., for only a short period before I was recruited back to TPA.
* Designed and implemented the Groups first new client development program by targeting soon to be retired military personnel from Sandia Air Force base. This program generated 8 new clients and $3.2M in assets under management
* Within the first 60 days, I attained certification as a Registered Investment Advisory Representative.
Major Employee Benefits Third Party Administrator (TPA)
Dec 1998 - Oct 2000
Cultivated established employee benefit plans by communicating the benefits of insurance and investment products through personal interviews with over 1,000 to school district employees annually.
* Recognized as Rookie of the Year in 1999, by signing 4 new school district and 3 municipalities, reflecting a new income source for the company, increasing district account base by 17% and $1.6M in new annual revenue.
DESTINATION MARKET MANAGER American Express Credit Card Services - Santa Fe, NM
Mar 1990 - May 1998
Responsible for increasing Card charge volume by signing up new merchants to accept the Card, reselling the value of the Card to unsatisfied merchants, and developing a positive corporate image in the marketplace.
* Promoted to Destination Market Manager in 1991 following outstanding Rookie Year performance.
* Actively represented American Express with a variety of civic and business organizations including the Santa Fe Restaurant Association, NM Lodgers Association, and NM Department of Tourism Advisory Council, personally contributing time and effort while promoting a positive corporate image in the community.
* Developed a Regional rollout of the "Endorsement Program" with year-end results of 216 accounts saved, and 112 target accounts signed, representing $1.9M in new fees for the region.
* Recognized as Central Region's Team Player of the Year and region was recognized as #1 Region of the Year nationally in 1991.
* Brought together business and community leaders in New Mexico as well as Amex marketing and legal departments to respond to a competitive Visa threat in 1995. The net effect was that the State of NM refused to participate in a $4M "we prefer Visa" campaign, opting instead for our $800K Amex print campaign.
EDUCATION | LICENSES | CERTIFICATIONS
Central New Mexico Community College - 30 Credits toward degree in Business Management
FINRA Series 65 - Registered Investment Advisory Representative
FINRA Series 24 - Officer of Supervisory Jurisdiction, General Securities Principal
FINRA Series 7 - Securities
FINRA Series 6 - Mutual Funds & Annuities
New Mexico, Texas, and Arizona Health & Life Insurance Licenses