RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT
Positively Impact Peoples Lives by Delivering High-Quality Products & Driving Innovation in New Frontiers
Data-driven software R&D manager with individual technical contributions and the leadership to direct multiple globally-dispersed teams in delivering new projects on time and to specification. Skilled in managing lifecycle of multiple projects concurrently for Fortune 500 clients. Indirectly touched the lives of billions. Passionate and meticulous in analyzing and simplifying challenges to delivering lasting and differentiating solutions with scalable algorithms. Engaging communicator working across leadership and client stakeholders in achieving award-winning results, holding multiple patents, and exceeding expectations.
Product Development | Strategic Planning | Client Engagement | Program Management
Project Management | Talent Management | Global Team Management | Cross-functional Team Management | Continuous Process Improvement
Social Media Startup, USA 2015 Present
Founder and CEO
Built a web service to drastically improve value of on-line reviews (2 patents pending). -
- Improved online product / service rating process by designing an application to enable highly objective and personalized reviews, powerful analytics to compare products and services, and advanced search to find user desired future experience.
Leading Software Company, USA
Senior Director of Research and Development 2017 2017
Managed team of ~30 engineers for unifying multiple products on a new platform.
- Created appealing vision, aligned with architects from multiple products and accelerated development on multiple fronts.
Senior Director of Research and Development 2008 2017
Director of Research and Development, 2003 2008
Senior R&D Manager, 1999 2003
- Managed research and development efforts of a software product with ~100M revenue .
- Managed multi-site team of up to 35 engineers in West Coast, Europe and India.
- Led several large projects concurrently to deliver single and multi-product initiatives on time.
- Led invention, development, and deployment of several industry shaping technologies and processes
- Maintained approximately 90% worldwide-market share against competition by developing new technology and fostering strong working relationships with top domestic / international clients.
- Expanded business opportunities to promote additional products and services by maintaining company-wide 1st or 2nd rank for customer satisfaction and reference-ability.
- Achieved over 10X run-time improvements through algorithmic improvements and multi-threading
- Spearheaded multiple transformational changes in team culture; strengthening customer focus and quality standards, automated testing without golden results, use of big data, machine learning, streamlining product features and software development processes, and eliminating obstacles in innovation.
- Acted as user interface czar in ensuring customer programming language for product was most intuitive, clean, and extendable in the industry.
- Received team recognition by Board of Directors and multiple quality awards.
A software Startup, USA, 1998-1999
Senior R&D Manager
Developed products targeting protection of Intellectual Property, and productivity improvement via data mining and rule checks.
Large and Leading Semiconductor Company, USA, 1991-1998
R&D Manager & Senior Principal Staff Engineer
Developed an internal design tool and achieved several industry firsts.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Electrical Engineering, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
PROFESSIONAL CONTRIBUTIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
19 issued US patents
22 refereed publications
Member, Technical Program Committee for 15 Workshops, Symposiums, and Conferences
Member, NSF Research Review Panel
Member, Software Patent Committee