- Procurement and supply chain professional with major wins in organizational change, dramatic improvements in work flow and product quality, and simultaneous reductions in cost and lead times.
- Developer/driver of synergistic strategies and system configuration solutions across business units.
- Leader of operations, data, and people for KPI initiatives department wide.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certified.
Supply chain planning/management
$50 MILLION CUSTOM PRINTING, MARKETING, AND FULFILLMENT COMPANY 11/14-PRESENT
Purchasing Manager (11/14-Present)
Site Leadership Team (6/15-Present)
Oversee approximately $25MM annual spend for 2 locations. Drive organizational change through process improvement. Map, define, and streamline company work flow structure improving current procedures. Capture cost savings via negotiations, vendor consolidation, and stock standardization initiatives. Lead site meetings to ensure alignment with corporate objectives and improvement goals. Ensure product quality and on-time delivery. Design reports to measure inventory turn trends and obsolete stock values. Manage purchasing staff.
- Mapped complex information flow achieving effective outsourced printing process and reporting tools that yield accurate monitoring of file handoff and delivery information.
- Revised raw material inventory monitoring and ordering, dramatically improving synergy between production/supplier/customer service staff, enhancing on-time deliveries and turn times while reducing production downtime.
- Negotiated a 55% cost reduction in printing plates and software.
- Secured incumbent supplier 27% lamination cost reduction by leveraging competing offers.
- Consolidated/centralized purchases for 11 sites that saved 17% on packaging supplies.
- Standardized styrene category size/composition/gauge/color that reduced total SKUs from 40 to 15, eliminated lead time, and saved 10%.
- Negotiated existing suppliers discount payment terms.
- Captured 1% realized reduction in cost of goods sold for 2015, and 1.5% realized reduction for 2016 YTD.
- Improved on-time delivery via IT collaboration modifying ERP user interface and creating open purchase order report.
- Implemented tracking process for customer-supplied materials through company ERP system.
- Eliminated weekly production downtime via key materials inventory levels optimization.
- Utilized Six Sigma techniques to reduce cost, process variability, and fulfillment errors.
$65 MILLION DISTRIBUTOR OF CONSUMER PACKAGED GOODS 1/08-11/14
Buyer - Domestic Education, Electronics, Paper (9/13-11/14)
Buyer - Import Crafts, Domestic Paper (7/11-9/13)
Buyer - Domestic Education, Sports, Paper (7/09-7/11)
Managed foreign and domestic supplier relationships. Reviewed forecasts and maintained optimal inventory levels. Negotiated supplier pricing/terms, placed purchase orders, expedited orders, and maintained backorder status. Addressed vendor nonconformance and provided defective inventory disposition.
- Negotiated 20% paper category cost reduction and additional incentives. Coached sales force to leverage these benefits resulting in 50% sales growth.
- Identified/executed opportunities that shifted business to long-term strategic partners from low volume suppliers resulting in cost reductions, logistical efficiency improvements, increased access to high-demand products.
- Created/launched an organizational system that coordinated time-sensitive multi-million dollar sourcing projects.
- Utilized weighted average analysis modeling that improved annual pricing negotiation efficiencies.
- Captured nearly $200,000 in Paper Category bottom line savings.
- Improved ordering efficiency, yielding reductions in transactions and backorders.
- Improvement project team member that streamlined the production sample process.
- Reduced product costs for large bid opportunities.
- Led Six Sigma cross-functional process improvement team that reduced fulfillment rework by one FTE.
- Vendor management software evaluation/purchasing team initiative member contributing functionalities, ERP system data, testing, procedures writing, and driving updates.
- Collaborated on the Five Year Growth and Development Plan design.
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA GAINESVILLE, FL 2003-2007
B.S. - Business Administration; Finance Major
- National Merit Scholarship
- Florida Bright Futures Scholarship
Available Upon Request