International Business Professional and Industrial Engineer brings over 18 years of work experience in East Asian Business and Engineering for private companies and larger institutions. Seeking a position in Product Sourcing, Global Business or Engineering, with an organization that welcomes focus, initiative, dedication and outstanding experience. Active problem solver with proven experience involving international trade, and acute expertise in East Asian business, foreign relations, and international business. Extensive experience in product sourcing and industrial engineering, as well as active
experience working one-on-one, under minimal supervision, and in Chinese speaking countries.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
* International Business
* Sourcing Product Items
* Foreign Relations
* Industrial Engineering
* Mandarin Chinese
* Business Management
* Environmental Sustainability
ACCOMPLISHMENTS & CERTIFICATIONS
* International Supply Chain Certificate (2009)
* Four-year formalized study of Mandarin Chinese with over 13 years working experience in Chinese speaking environments
* Member of the following organizations: Institute for Supply Management; National Society of
Professional Engineers; Graduate Business Association
Manager - Taiwan Trade Center (Los Angeles / Santa Clara, CA)
2002 to Present
* Assist large, medium, and small scale US companies with sourcing product items from Taiwan.
* Analyze business conditions and formulate effective outsourcing approaches to maximize client's profitability in challenging manufacturing and service sector industries.
* Build and maintain relationships with US firms to assist them in the global procurement of cost-effective commodities and services from Taiwanese Chinese companies.
* Assist companies with negotiation; inform companies of political, social economic conditions to identify trends and provide data on legal and financial situations for mutual benefit.
* Organized businesses and delegations to and from Taiwan for tradeshows, press events, and business and trade opportunities.
* Assisted in the procurement of over $200 Million of product items from Taiwan.
Graduate Assistant - SFSU International Business Department (San Francisco, CA)
2001 to 2002
* Assisted Business Department professor with curriculum development for business class focusing on Greater China.
* Graded examinations; researched class subject matter; provided career counseling to students based on real-world experience.
Foreign Expert - National Management Development Center (Wu Xi, China)
1999 to 2000
* Taught US Business, social customs and conversational English to Chinese students.
* Worked closely with academic and administrative staff to develop lesson plans.
* Worked individually with students to ensure high comprehension level with assigned coursework.
Inventory Assistant - Marin County Superior Court (San Rafael, CA)
1998 to 1999
* Worked with court staff to lower backlog of legal case documentation.
* Assisted with data organization to improve daily operations for court officers and legal professionals.
Assistant Coach - University of South Carolina (Columbia, SC)
1997 to 1998
* Worked in Athletic Department coaching student athletes and overseeing practices and games.
* Provided coaching to collegiate cheerleaders to enhance performance prior to and during games.
* Developed game plans and strategies for team sports during practices, and prior to and during games.
Engineer - Thermal Engineering Corporation (Columbia, SC)
1997 to 1998
* Oversaw and organized bills of material and time studies for MRP scheduling.
* Developed tooling and spec sheets supporting production lines; improved and implemented packaging system for shipping sheet metal products to customers.
* Operated CNC machine tool equipment and design software for the production of sheet metal products.
Quality Analyst - Avery Dennison (Clinton, SC)
1996 to 1997
* Collaborated with production control staff to identity material issues.
* Produced quality, supplier, and process reports and documentation.
* Improved quality of plant site.
Engineer - Dana Corporation (Columbia, SC)
1995 to 1996
* Coordinated with manufacturing project teams to formulate and improve company's ability to lower costs and improve output.
* Boosted revenues and customer satisfaction levels.
* Managed ISO 9001 documentation of production lines.
Night Staff - N.C. State University (Raleigh, NC)
1989 to 1993
* Responsible for ensuring the development, security and safety of over 700 students in special living, learning, and international residence halls.
Assembler - Exide Electronics (Leland, NC)
* Assembled electronic circuits for heating and air conditioning equipment according to drawing specifications and trained others for electronic assembly.
Dupont - Accountant Assistant (Leland, NC)
* Assisted seasoned accountants with various accounting tasks including general ledger and bookkeeping as well as performing inventory on buildings and equipment for auditing preparation.
Master of Science in Business Administration, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA
Selected Studies Include: International Economics & Trade, Import & Export Management, Statistics, Financial & Managerial Accounting, Web Design & E-Commerce Marketing, Business of Northeast & Southeast Asia, Global Strategic Management, Environmental Sustainability
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
Selected Studies Include: Technical Writing, Chemistry, Process Planning, Plastics Technology, Injection Molding, Quality Control, and Electrical Engineering
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Minor in International Studies, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
Selected Studies Include: Industrial Psychology, Politics, and Economics
Proficient in the following computer programs: AutoCAD, SPSS, CAM, CIM, PhotoShop, Frabriwin, Adobe Go Live Cyberstudio, Lotus, QuatroPro, Laser Printers, Plotters, Scanners, Imaging, Macintosh & PC, Windows 10 / 7 / XP / Vista, Customer Relationship Management CRM, Fortran, C.C++, UNIX,
Siman, MS-DOS, Microsoft Office