GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS LEADER
Accomplished Government Affairs Professional with highly diversified life sciences experience, providing the vision and strategy to create and execute actionable plans to deliver high impact results. Demonstrated operational experience including; lobbying, global public affairs, sales leadership, account management, contracting, manufacturing and procurement.
Areas Of Expertise
- Lobbying/Negotiating Skills
- Legislative and Regulatory Process
- Strategic Partnerships/Advocacy
- State Health Care Policy Advocacy
- Leadership & Team Development
ENDO HEALTH SOLUTIONS, Inc., Malvern, PA 2011 to 2013
DIRECTOR, STATE GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS
Directed legislative and regulatory initiatives that impact Endos life sciences enterprise in Midwest and West regions. Lobby state and federal legislators, regulatory agencies, Governors and staff to ensure favorable public policy.
- Collaborated with legislators, attorneys general and state medical associations to ensure patient protections included in prescription drug abuse pill mill legislation.
- Spearheaded successful legislative media event highlighting the economic impact of clinical trials in Michigan.http://www.gophouse.com/video.aspID=722&District=43
- Elected as Chairman of Pharmaceutical Research and Manufactures Association (PhRMA) Michigan State Task Force (2 year term).
- Selected as work group member for Michigans Health Insurance Exchange Planning process, worked closely with members of the Michigan Legislature, healthcare leaders and other stakeholders in making recommendations to the Exchange Steering Committee.
- Represented Endo's medical device policy interests as active member of AdvaMed state work group.
- Communicated key decisions and provided assessments of potential impact of Health Care Reform implementation to members of Midwest and West cross-functional teams.
- Managed numerous relationships with industry and trade organizations/consultants.
PFIZER Inc., Collegeville, PA 2009 to 2011
(Pfizer Acquired Wyeth in 2009)
SENIOR DIRECTOR, PUBLIC AFFAIRS & POLICY
VACCINES SPECIALTY CARE BUSINESS UNIT
Identified key global public affairs and policy needs for vaccines asset teams and developed strategic public affairs and policy plans to ensure the company was well positioned to address the changing government and public policy environment to meet business goals.
- Engaged policymakers, business leaders, and other thought leaders and stakeholders (WHO, Gates Foundation, GAVI, etc.) on vaccines policy issues.
- Led public affairs and policy initiative focused on establishing the value of Prevenar13TM through scientific differentiation.
- Team Leader - Prevenar13 Adult External Advocacy & Stakeholder Engagement Asset Team.
WYETH PHARMACEUTICALS, Collegeville, PA
ACTING HEAD OF STATE GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS 2009
Provided strategic direction for a 20 member State Government Affairs team and 16 contract lobbyists delivering on critical business and legislative objectives in complex environments. Directed grassroots efforts to mobilize state-level acceptance of legislative and regulatory policy initiatives. Effectively managed a $5.2M annual budget.
- Led the State Government Affairs team during acquisition by Pfizer, maintaining focus and increasing productivity despite a budget reduction of 35%.
- Achieved results acknowledged by Senior Management with special cash retention award
- Secured continued funding from the Ohio Department of Health for Prevnar for all children statewide, contributing to annual revenue of $4.7M.
SENIOR DIRECTOR, STATE GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS 2007 to 2009
Established the direction and led the 13 state Northeast team. Lobbied state legislators, regulatory agencies, Governor, and Governors staff in Virginia and Washington, DC.
- Secured $15M in Massachusetts state funding for highway access for the Wyeth Andover facility.
- Planned and directed Congressional visits to company facilities in VA, NY, and MA.
DIRECTOR, STATE GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS 2004 to 2007
Directed legislative and regulatory initiatives that impact Wyeths business in Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, Indiana and Kentucky.
- Led a coalition of advocates, strategized efforts and lobbied Governor, Governors staff and members of the Illinois state legislature that resulted in passage of legislation requiring all children attending state licensed daycare facilities be immunized with Prevnar, increasing compliance from 40.7% to 95% and yielding additional annual revenue of $6.2M.
- Spearheaded successful revision of Illinois Department of Health hemophilia blood factor product reimbursement methodology, resulting in a 25% market share increase.
- PSYCHIATRY DISTRICT MANAGER
- AREA ACCOUNT MANAGER MANAGED HEALTH CARE
- CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR
- TERRITORY REPRESENTATIVE
- BUYER/MASTER SCHEDULER
- BUYER/CHEMICALS AND RAW MATERIALS
United States Army
Sergeant E-5 - Awards: Army Service Ribbon, Good Conduct Medal
- Wyeths Special Retention Award, presented to less than .5% employees worldwide
- Wyeth Presidents Golden Circle Award (top 2% of company)
- Wyeth Achievement Award (top 10% of company)
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE, BUSINESS LOGISTICS, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
- Pharmaceutical Research and Manufactures Association (PhRMA) - Chairman MI State Task Force, Past Voting Member, State Section, WI State Task Force - Past Chairman
- Advanced Medical Technology Association (AdvaMed) Member State Affairs Work Group
- Michigan Biotechnology Association (MichBio) Member
- International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations (IFPMA) Past Member, Biologics & Vaccines Committee
- Illinois Maternal & Child Health Coalition Past Member
- Leadership Rockland County Leadership Program Alumni and past Member, Board of Directors