Without any prejudice to others, I will describe myself and the innovations Ive developed, which I offer for your consideration and approval to address opportunities and obstacles as noted below.
1. I know how, when confronting an adversary's eDiscovery tactics, to reverse-engineer their ESI approach, such that material weaknesses can be exposed and addressed in depositions, interrogatories and other pretrial actions.
2. When faced with opaque/vague assertions of uncooperative opposing counsel, I have techniques and aptitude for clarifying the actual state of their proficiency, and for counteracting doubts cast against your firm, its tools and practices.
3. My knack for exploiting technology is vendor-agnostic and creates opportunities to leverage your tools and those of your outside counsel earlier in the life of a case, and for sensing adversaries blind spots in their use of technology, to the benefit of your position in meet-and-confer conferences, responses to motions, etc.
4. I have process models incorporating broadly-recognized eDiscovery and IT best practices, readily adaptable, with which your firm can benchmark your own practices or those of your outside counsel in pursuit of improvement throughout the lifecycle of individual matters and across an entire portfolio: also methods for assessing and neutralizing adversaries capabilities.
5. My methods, including a process for understanding domestic and international jurisdictional variances, provide adaptability to new geographies and areas of practice which your strategy may contemplate.
6. I have experience, augmented easily with that of specialized forensics and investigative partners, by which stealth and iteration in assessing opposing parties productions can provide superior knowledge to your firm: also to offer credible arguments of cause to bring opponents metadata or eDiscovery practices to light, where advantageous.
7. I employ a systematic eDiscovery program which incorporates process, knowledge and technology across the life of a case, aggregating emerging best-practice knowledge shared by other experts in continuing legal education (CLE) sessions, seasoned jurist advice like Judge Scheindlins casebook and cutting-edge opinions from Judges Peck, Facciola, Scheindlin, Waxse and Grimm, among others.
8. For purposes of quality and cost, I employ project management best practices to maximize reuse and consistency of eDiscovery work plans, deliverables and results: also easily adapted for purposes of substantiating proportionality arguments favorable to your cases and litigation budgets.
9. I know how to identify custodians activities across disparate data repositories within and across enterprises, leveraging interview scripts, checklists, etc. developed over decades of custodian interaction: thereby reducing risk of incomplete identification of potentially responsive ESI at the earliest stages of litigation, which federal judges recently identified as the the most common and damaging eD error made by attorneys.
10. My process for translating business requirements into technology specifications flows directly from my business-process benchmarking experience and gap/remediation techniques; applicable equally to eD business processes like litigation hold issuance and management, relevance and privilege review, etc., as well as integrating new technologies into your firms (or those of your outside counsel) existing technology ecosystems.
11. I can examine the eD technical competence of attorneys to identify skill gaps and exposures, prescribe actions to remediate, lowering the risk of adverse impact on eD plans and challenges to Rule 26(g) certifications in specific cases for your firm and your outside counsel: also, to develop firm-wide curricula for incoming associates.
Should these capabilities be questioned or doubted, I stand prepared to describe and demonstrate to the satisfaction of your firm or your outside counsel, in your offices or theirs, with examples and templates, applied to relevant anecdotes and situations which characterize your litigation activities, without violating confidences of any existing or former clients.
++++++++++++++++ Career Highlights ++++++++++++
INDEPENDENT eDISCOVERY CONSULTANCY (2009 - present)
GLOBAL SYSTEMS INTEGRATION PROVIDER (2007 - 2009)
> Partner, Information Governance & Risk
TECHNOLOGY & FINANCIAL EXECUTIVE (2005 - 2006)
> Partner, Information Risk
GLOBAL HIGH-TECH MANUFACTURER (2000 - 2005)
> Engineering Process & Technology Executive
EARLY CAREER (1985 - 1999)
> Consultant and In-House IT Executive
*GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY SERVICES - Practice leader
*GLOBAL PULP & PAPER CORP - Group CIO for global packaging manufacturer
*TECHNOLOGY RESEARCH FIRM - lead analyst
CONCORD LAW SCHOOL (2012 - Present)
> Candidate, Juris Doctor
> Concentration in Civil Litigation and Corporate Law; Expected graduation in 2018.
GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY LAW CENTER (2010 - 2014)
> e-Discovery Boot Camp (Certified, 2010)
> Advanced e-Discovery Institute (2010, 2014)
MANSFIELD UNIVERSITY (1974 - 1980)
> BS, Information Management
> Emphasis on Business Administration, Minor in Art Education
AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION - ASSOCIATE MEMBER
> Member, Corporate Counsel Committee
> Member, Section of Law Practice Management
ASSOCIATION OF CORPORATE COUNSEL
> CLE Contributor
TREC LEGAL TRACK - Volunteer (2009 - 2010)
> Topic Assessor, Structured Commodity Transactions (?Prepays?)
MASS PRO BONO Volunteer (2015)
MASSACHUSETTS BAR ASSOCIATION - Member (2008 Present)
MAINE BAR ASSOCIATION - Member (since 2015)
GERSON LEHRMAN GROUP EXPERT COUNCIL
> GLG Member Council expert, High Technology Business Case Review
KEY SKILLS: eDiscovery (eD) Process Improver, Information Governance (I/G) Program Designer & Deployer, I/G Organizational Changer, IT-to-Legal-to-IT Translator, ESI Stalker/Repository Crawler, Custodian "e-Footprint" Investigator, eD Best-Practices Integrator, eD Attorney Coach, Early-Case (ECA) Technology Niinja, Box-free Thinker, Elder InfoSec Statesman, Proto-30 (b) (6) Witness, Civil-Trial Juror (Med. Malpractice), Protector of Firm Intellectual Property, Contract/Statement-of-Work Quality Controller, Subcontractor Selector and Manager, Process-First Technology Selection Evangelist, eD Cooperator and Enabler