SENIOR RETAIL OPERATIONS/STRATEGY EXECUTIVE
Strategic Leader driving revenue and profit gains through customer-focused executive leadership.
Innovative retailing executive with demonstrated success managing P&L for organizations with over $1.0 billion sales and more than 6,000 employees. Blends strategic planning with tactical execution to drive revenue and bottom-line results. Core strengths in:
* Retail Operations
* Technology Evaluation
* Business Development
* Retail Merchandising
* Strategic Development
* Change Management
GVN AIRLINES, INC, Brussels, Belgium, April 2012 present
VP Sales, Americas
Global Videoconferencing Network (GVN), the worlds first virtual airline is headquartered in Belgium and provides an end-to-end videoconferencing solution integrated into the travel industry channels. GVN manages the hardware, financing, service while fully supporting the commercial model and structure of the travel industry. The GVN business goals include deploying 20,000 end points by 2016, exponentially spread over the four deployment years.
Leads expansion into North and South America, including Travel Management Companies and Hotels.
CISCO SYSTEMS, San Jose, California, January 2008 July 2011
Director, Retail Operations and Strategy
Led the team building a global network of publicly available Public TelePresence locations.
" Successfully opened world's first Public TelePresence facility.
" Created partnership program for service providers and hospitality partners resulting in dramatic expansion of Public TelePresence network.
" Opened 43 locations worldwide in less than 36 months.
* Created partnership program for service providers and hospitality partners resulting in dramatic expansion of Public TelePresence net
MOSAIC SALES SOLUTIONS, Irving, Texas, 2004 - 2006
Vice President Client Services
Recruited to provide executive sales leadership for Best Buy Wireless Program. Brought new vision and experience to drive increased sales, higher quality customer service, and increased operational compliance. Later promoted to manage entire telecommunications vertical.
* Grew telecommunications vertical by more than 20% over 12 months, significantly exceeding gross profit targets.
* Successfully switched major digital imaging company from previous long-term supplier, increasing annual revenue by $12 million in first year.
* Achieved accelerated launch of staffing program in more than 200 locations in less than 50 days.
TRINITY ASSOCIATES, Fort Worth, Texas, 2002-2004
Principal and Founder
Created new Management Consulting group focused on helping technology companies bring their products to market. Recruited, installed, and guided staff of independent consultants to produce superior results.
* Created entire merchandising plan for national video rental organization that allowed them to enter significant new line of business. Projected annual revenue in excess of $500 million.
* Developed Strategic Partner Initiative for new product introduction for one of the worldˇ¦s largest Internet companies, leading to a successful product launch.
* Researched and analyzed add-on speaker marketplace for client, and developed product launch plan, with a focus on marketing and distribution.
RADIOSHACK CORPORATION, Fort Worth, Texas, 1981-2001
Vice President, Emerging Technologies and Strategic Development (1998 ˇV 2001)
Focused on evaluating technology and services for potential upside opportunity and downside risk. Identified future imperatives, recognized needed partnerships, achieved C-Level buy-in, and brought those partnerships to fruition.
* Negotiated multi-year strategic partnerships valued at more than $1 billion.
* Created the first nationwide High-Speed Internet Service Provider product offered at retail. Annual revenue projected at over $200 million.
* Led core design team at Radio Shack that re-engineered retail storefront and merchandising plan, resulting in double-digit sales increases over control group.
* Chosen by CEO to represent RadioShack at numerous events, including International Investor Conference.
Vice President, Retail Stores, Computer City (1997 - 1998)
Managed all aspects of store operations for 100 store chain of computer Superstores.
* Based on previous success and proven industry knowledge, selected by Chairman of the Board to reinvigorate retail operation.
* Led change management that resulted in cash flow neutral operations for the first time in companyˇ¦s history.
* Successfully opened 10 new stores in less than one year, and significantly contributed to the design of new store layout.
* Managed merchandising and marketing during sale of company to its largest competitor.
Region Sales Manager, RadioShack (1994 - 1997)
* Led Western Division in sales increases of 13% while managing largest geographical region.
* Successfully trained and developed two District Sales Managers for promotion.
* Based on sales and profit results, promoted to manage highest revenue region in Western U.S.
District Sales Manager, RadioShack (1982 - 1994)
* Top ranked District Sales Manager (of 220) in Nation
* Successfully trained and developed four store managers for promotion to District Sales Manager.
* Recognized need for improved manager training, and created course subsequently adopted by entire company.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA
Continuous executive professional development includes Dale Carnegie: Public Speaking, Sales, Leadership Training for Managers, Customer Relations & Personnel Development, and Tom Hopkins Sales Professional.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & ACTIVITIES
Rotary Club of Keller, Member
iControl, Inc. Advisory Board
HomePlug Powerline Alliance, Founding Member
Keller Economic Development Board, Former Director
Toastmasters International, Competent Toastmaster
Friends of the Library, Member
CORE BUSINESS COMPETANCIES
Sales, Sales Management, Business Development, Strategic Development, Strategic Alliances, Alliance Management, Partner Management, Emerging Technologies, Merchandising, Marketing, Store Design, Assortment Planning, Performance Management, Multi-store retail, Retail Management, Marketing Services, Change Management, Third Party Labor, Regional Vice President