SENIOR EXECUTIVE - CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT | STRATEGY | FINANCE
Senior executive with a record of success in creating shareholder value through development of corporate strategy, execution of growth initiatives and integration of strategic investments. Industry expertise in business services, hospitality, food service, corporate finance and investment banking, with experience spanning M&A, divisional management and business development.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
* Corporate Strategy
* Investment Committee
* Financial Planning & Analysis
* Capital Budgeting
* New Business Development
* Partnerships & Joint Ventures
* Management & Team Building
* Investor / Board Relations
* Mergers & Acquisitions
* Business Valuation
* Due Diligence
* Integration Planning
OPTIMBUY CONSULTING LLC, Buffalo, NY 2014 Present
OPTIMBUY is a leading provider of supply chain management and procurement solutions for clients in the foodservice and hospitality sector.
Partner / Vice President of Strategy & Development
Recruited by the CEO of OPTIMBUY to help the company expand its client base, open new markets, and broaden the companys suite of products and services. My focus is primarily on tapping the private equity customer base to secure new business and expanding the product line to include project management of M&A activities, leveraging my expertise in M&A due diligence and process management.
DELAWARE NORTH COMPANIES, INC., Buffalo, NY 2013 - 2014
Delaware North Companies is a global leader in hospitality and food service, with annual revenues exceeding $2.7 billion and 55,000 associates serving half a billion customers across the sports and entertainment, parks, travel and gaming segments in North America, Europe and Asia.
Vice President, Corporate Development
Developed Delaware North's global corporate growth strategy through the identification, evaluation and pursuit of potential acquisition opportunities. Provided effective transaction leadership through the development of analytical acquisition models, oversight of the due diligence process and the preparation of tactical transition and integration plans.
* As a member of Delaware North's Investment Committee, evaluated all material capital projects.
* Chaired the Business Development Council providing a forum for collaboration among senior members of the Business Development teams across each of Delaware North's operating subsidiaries.
* Orchestrated Delaware North's acquisition of a majority interest in Patina Restaurant Group (May 2014), which is expected to propel Delaware North to more than $3 billion in revenue and 60,000 associates in 2014.
DEUTSCHE BANK SECURITIES INC., New York, NY 2005 - 2012
Deutsche Bank is a leading global banking and financial services firm headquartered in Germany with businesses encompassing a wide range of products and services in investment banking, private and commercial banking, transaction banking as well as in asset and wealth management.
Director, Corporate Finance Partnership (2008 - 2012)
Joined a multi-disciplinary Joint Venture team formed to promote cross-divisional revenue opportunities via close collaboration of the Corporate Finance (Investment Banking) and Private Wealth Management (PWM) sales forces. Facilitated the evaluation of ~500 potential advisory assignments sourced by the PWM sales force on an annual basis and the distribution of select direct investment opportunities sourced within Corporate Finance to PWM clients, e.g. high-net-worth individuals (HNWI) and family offices.
* Team's efforts resulted in an average of over $50 million of annual franchise revenue for the firm and approximately $750 million of annual net new asset inflows to PWM.
* Drove the expansion and coordination of the Outside Bank Network, a network of middle market investment banking referral partners, resulting in three closed transactions and a significant pipeline of live mandates.
* Implemented formalized referral and revenue share request processes resulting in improved coordination with the Compliance, Deal Logging and COO teams.
Manager, Corporate Finance Associate Development Program (2007 - 2008)
Managed the 2007 Corporate Finance Associate class with responsibility for the staffing, mentorship and performance review of the investment banking division's 46 first-year Associates.
* Reported directly to the Chief Operating Officer for Corporate Finance and worked closely with Group Heads and Staffers for each respective industry and product group to make full-time placement decisions.
Director, Corporate Finance - Mergers & Acquisitions Group (2005 - 2008)
Led the successful execution of six announced M&A advisory assignments.
* Consistently selected to handle the M&A Group's most complex and high profile advisory assignments.
* Coordinated the M&A Group's lateral recruiting efforts in 2006 and 2007 leading to six new hires.
* Promoted from Vice President to Director in February 2008.
UBS INVESTMENT BANK, New York, NY 1999 - 2005
UBS AG is a leading global financial services firm headquartered in Switzerland. UBS Investment Bank is one of the world's premier advisory and securities businesses providing clients with access to the world's capital markets.
Director (Vice President-equivalent), Mergers & Acquisitions Group (2003 - 2005)
Provided strategic and transaction-related advisory services for corporate clients in the hospitality, real estate, consumer products, general industrials and health care industries.
* Worked directly with senior client management to perform due diligence as well as draft selling memoranda and board presentations in connection with executing six closed M&A sell-side assignments.
* Promoted from Associate Director to Director in February 2005.
Associate Director (Assistant Vice President-equivalent), Italian Country Coverage, Milan, Italy (2002)
Managed day-to-day responsibilities on four M&A advisory assignments. Integrated into UBS's Italian Country Coverage team helping to promote best practices across geographies.
Associate, Mergers & Acquisitions Group (1999 - 2001)
Built and reviewed financial models to project and analyze the cash flow and earnings impact of potential mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and applied valuation methodologies, including comparable companies, precedent transactions, discounted cash flow and leveraged buyout analyses.
* Ranked at the top of each respective Analyst class every year and promoted directly to Associate in July 2001
* Executed seven closed M&A advisory assignments.
* Spent two months in Tokyo executing transactions and training local staff during Q1 2001.
EDUCATION / ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Bachelor of Science, Hotel Administration, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, 1999
Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) Level II Candidate, CFA Institute
Team in Training, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Fundraiser / Endurance Athlete (2012 Dublin Marathon)
Languages: Native English speaker; Fluent in Italian