PROVEN MARKETING LEADER
Strategic marketing executive, with extensive experience and progressive accomplishments at leading Fortune 400 companies in multiple and varied leadership capacities. Experienced guiding campaign development, product launches, website development/refinement, search marketing and content strategy and execution to elevate brand awareness, relevance and consideration. Excels at leading the crafting of high-impact communications and maintaining consistent messaging across all brand touch points. Acclaimed for creating collaborative teams to develop and execute business plans, tactical executions and delivering measurable growth to meet business plan objectives. Media trained and has represented employers in numerous speaking engagements across the country.
Demonstrated strengths and expertise in the following areas:
Marketing Leadership; National and Regional Marketing Strategy; Business Strategy Plan Development & Execution; Consumer Brand Building / Rebranding; Omni-Channel Marketing; Advertising; Content Strategy & Development; Direct Marketing; Social Media Marketing; Digital Marketing; Website Strategy; UX; CX; Search Marketing (SEM/SEO); Targeted Marketing (Marketing Segmentation); Multicultural Marketing; Product Marketing; Budget Optimization; ROI Forecasting; Agency Selection, Management and Compensation Development; A/B Testing Oversight; Event & Trade Show Marketing; Forging Partnerships; Relationship Building; Organizational Structure Development; Recruiting; Interviewing; Internal Communications; Press Releases; Public Speaking; MS Office
AMERICAN FAMILY INSURANCE - 05/2009-05/2019
Headquarters roles - Madison, WI
Director, Specialty Marketing
Director, Strategic Partnerships & Alliances
Manager, Creative Development
Strategist, Multicultural Marketing
Led the strategy development, goal setting, tactical activities and personnel development of our in-house creative team, Sponsorships & Events team, and Strategic Partnerships team. Through our activities we influenced progress toward measurable goals in Brand Health, Brand Engagement, Business Growth, and Operational Efficiency.
- Sponsorships & Events (06/2017-05/2019) Leveraged a $35M budget to sponsor organizations and events that aligned well with the interests of focus customer segments with the intent to grow value for the brand.
o Created owned-media channels with our partners to improve brand awareness and gain implied endorsements from our partners.
o Summerfest overall valuation improved 226% YOY from $957,659 to $3,126,577.
- Marketing, Content Strategy & Design (06/2017-05/2019 Led the activities of our marketing and content strategists, copywriters and graphic designers tasked with delivering creative assets that integrated elements of the core advertising campaign into work done to fill non-traditional media requests.
- Partnerships (12/2014-05/2019) Built, formalized and maximized partnerships with organizations and other brands in order to market to new customer segments and accelerate our companys business growth goals.
o Created new partner-assisted distribution channel leveraging partner endorsements that accelerated brand awareness and adoption from our partners loyalists.
o Led development of co-branded website and landing pages, and associated search marketing (SEM/SEO) strategy.
- Creative Development Mgr (10/2010-12/2014) Led, and inspired, a team of seven responsible for developing all corporate consumer facing advertising and marketing materials for corporate and agent use.
o Efforts included the launch and execution of the Dreams Protected campaign which received rave reviews and drove YOY sales growth for 18 consecutive months earned a 2013 Silver Effie Award.
o Created multicultural branded content activities Stand Up For Family and Get2TheGame.
- Multicultural Marketing Strategist (05/2009-10/2010) Led the development and implementation of the award-winning Business Accelerator Program, which is now in its tenth year.
o Led development of the BusinessAcceleratorProgram.com website and associated search marketing (SEM/SEO) strategy.
ECHELON MARKETING, A division of IXI Corporation (formerly Cohorts)
Headquarters role - Denver, CO (worked remotely from home in MI)
Vice President, Account Services
Launched a new vertical for this marketing solutions company. Counseled clients on how to optimize their marketing investments and provided them household-level market segmentation solutions at the national, regional and local levels.
- Offered data-driven solutions that improved clients ability to understand, target, and communicate with their general market and Hispanic market customers and prospects.
- Provided solutions that delivered agreed-upon revenue objectives through improved response rates to marketing initiatives.
FORD MOTOR COMPANY (relevant marketing roles)
Marketing Sales & Service Headquarters roles - Dearborn, MI
Manager, Brand Marketing - Lincoln Mercury
Manager, Large Car Marketing Plans - Lincoln Mercury
Marketing Sales & Service Regional roles - Denver, CO; Los Angeles, CA; Pittsburgh, PA
Denver Regional Manager - Ford Customer Service Division
Western Region Lincoln Marketing Coordinator - Lincoln Mercury
Transformed the advertising and marketing efforts in multicultural markets, and managed the cost efficient use of the Lincoln Mercury (LM) $460 million fixed marketing budget.
- Led monumental media mix shift from traditional media to Direct Marketing and Digital Interactive improved vehicle sales and share in ethnic markets greater than share movement in general market.
- Pioneered development of widely lauded Mercury Milan VOGA that sparked the launch of a Limited Edition vehicle line that was anticipated to generate annual revenues of $6 Million.
- Demonstrated expertise in disciplined financial planning uncovered $23 million and reallocated it to erase a $5 million debt and finance advertising campaigns for two new products.
Led strategic development of package and pricing, and market entry for Lincoln Town Car, Mercury Grand Marquis, Mercury Montego, and Mercury Milan.
- Directed development of marketing collateral and Direct Marketing campaign strategy that helped earn top customer ratings for the market entry of the all new Mercury Montego and Mercury Milan.
Led a field marketing and sales team focused on improving automotive retail dealerships fixed operations, retail parts sales and customer satisfaction efforts to increase company and retailer profitability. Also accountable for the regions profit and loss performance, budget performance and personnel development.
- Transformed performance and morale of a 23-person sales force, forging from last place out of 19 regions to #1 ranking within 11 months, and maintained #2 ranking the following year.
- Masterminded creation of a hugely successful regional dealer contest for the best service marketing display that was subsequently implemented nationwide.
- Exceeded retail repair order business by $40 million to #3 ranking nationwide, achieved 112% of obj.
- Created local marketing campaigns that generated an increase in retail parts sales over 20%, from $58 million to $70 million, and surpassed the revenue production of three larger regions.
- Regional marketing efforts produced impressive sales growth and customer experience improvements in the Denver region, which averaged 6.7% unemployment and sales declines in several industry segments.
Held several progressively more responsible field marketing and sales leadership positions including consulting with dealerships to improve marketing efforts, sales and customer relationships.
- Directed the San Diego sales team to a #1 ranking nationally in marketing Ford branded accessories - $4.5M.
B.S. Business Administration
California State University, Long Beach - Long Beach, CA
RECOGNITION & CITIZENSHIP
•- Corporate Advisory Board Member - UW Madison Memorial Union
- Advisor - UW Journalism School (Digital Media and Marketing Research)
- Mentor - Madison East High School student organizations (King's Journey and The Brotherhood)
- Miller-Heiman Strategic Selling Skills – Certificate of Completion
- Ford Marketing, Sales & Service (MS&S) Bold Leadership Recognition Award - Two-time Recipient
- New Mexico State University - Ford Lead Recruiter
- Ford MS&S Leadership Conferences - Interviewer and Assessor
•- United Way Online Auction - Procurement Committee Member
- Christmas In April - Volunteer