HEALTHCARE | MEDICAL DEVICE | TELEMEDICINE | SaaS
BUSINESS LEADER IN STRATEGIC MARKETING
Building Opportunities, Markets and Revenue
Business-minded strategic thinker known for creating and executing aggressive marketing plans that increase market share and drive revenue growth. More than 15 years of leadership experience in progressive medical device companies competing in varied, global markets.
Excels in the visualization, development, launch, and sale of new, innovative products that are often first-to-market. Able to influence and command the respect of business leaders, customers, KOLs, and internal/external stakeholders across a wide spectrum of experience and education. Effective leader, mentor and team builder, skilled at maintaining focus and achieving results:
- Developed, planned and distributed several breakthrough products in 70+ countries in 5 years.
- Grew two early-stage companies annual revenue to up to $100M, leading to successful acquisitions.
- Built and maintained long term relationships with worldwide KOLs in multiple medical specialties.
Marketing Management | Sales Management | General Operations Management | Brand Management | KOL & Key Account Management | P & L Management | Product & Portfolio Management | Talent Acquisition and Development | Strategic Planning and Execution | Product Life Cycle Management | Direct & Indirect Distribution | Continuous Revenue Growth
HEALTHCARE CMO PARTNERS, Roswell, GA 2014 to Present
Fractional and interim management consulting firm.
Founder / Managing Partner
Provides business and marketing strategies, tactical marketing, sales support and communications services for emerging and established medical device and other healthcare related companies.
GIVEN IMAGING, Duluth, GA 2003 to 2013
Creator of capsule endoscopy and GI products; annual revenues of $180M with distribution in over 70 countries.
Corporate Director, Medical Affairs (2008 to 2013)
Corporate Director, Marketing (2003 to 2008)
Spearheaded and executed global marketing strategy to accelerate acceptance of the companys core products breakthrough GI imaging devices. Researched competition and evaluated market size, prioritized clinical indications, crafted and executed strategic business plans, guided product development through R&D, created marketing materials, trained global sales force on messaging and strategy, and launched new products. Directed a global, matrixed management staff of 15 within marketing, R&D, QA, manufacturing, global sales, customer service, and clinical affairs. In Medical Affairs, developed and maintained key opinion leader (KOL) relationships to expand clinical indications and develop/execute clinically-based growth strategies.
- Grew annual revenue $100M in 5 years, from $26M to $130M (5X); company sold to Covidien.
- Sustained market leadership by guiding product life cycles and portfolios to 5-year horizons.
- Managed international research program including EU/US multicenter clinical trials to develop new software technology, resulting in new breakthrough GI product.
MC STRATEGIES, Atlanta, GA 2001 to 2002
Start-up Internet training division (SaaS) of a hospital revenue-cycle and compliance consulting firm.
Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing
Launched start-up internet training business (SaaS) for health care professionals focusing on HIPAA compliance, healthcare finance, coding/billing, and physician/nurse development. Designed sales training and educated ten-person team of former hospital administrators serving as outside sales consultants in strategic selling techniques. Hired, trained and managed VP Sales and ten inside telesales staff.
- Drove 75% sales increase the first year and an additional 52% (2.6X) the second year for a company with a previous 10-year record of flat growth; company sold to Elsevier.
- Secured long-term contracts with major U.S. healthcare systems, including the Veterans Administration, Tenet, and Baylor University, representing more than $8M in revenue per year.
DENALI CONSULTING ASSOCIATES, Atlanta, GA 1999 to 2000
Consulting firm focused on marketing and sales for medical device companies.
Principal / President
- Concurrently launched two start-up telemedicine companies; one sold to CyberCare in 1999.
COLOPLAST CORPORATION, Marietta, GA 1997 to 1998
Leading international developer and manufacturer of advanced biotechnology products.
Vice President of Marketing, U.S. and Canada
Responsible for all marketing efforts, including market research, product strategy and positioning, product launches, marketing collateral, PR, advertising, trade shows, and sales/customer training. Directed a team of 20 marketing professionals managing 200 products and accountable for profit/loss in 4 business segments.
- Redesigned company/product branding and merged management teams of two acquired companies.
DORNIER MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC. (DAIMLER-BENZ), Marietta, GA 1989 to 1997
Developer of kidney stone lithotripsy and leading-edge equipment for hospitals, surgery centers and physicians.
Director of Marketing, Americas (1994 to 1997)
National Sales Manager, U.S. and Canada (1993)
Marketing Manager, Americas (1989 to 1992)
Bachelor of Arts, English, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, (Dual Major with English)
University of Delaware, Newark, DE