= Digital & Content Strategist = Branding Expert
= Editor in Chief = Creative Director
Customer-centric marketing, ecommerce, retail, and publishing executive highly skilled in all phases of developing digital strategy, content strategy, social media, and the highest quality marketing and editorial content across digital platforms, as well as brand development via marketing campaigns and promotions, social and mobile content, publicity, syndicated content, and licensed brand extensions.
= websites = social media = video
= mobile apps = custom content = magazines, books, newsletters
= e-CRM = digital ads = e-tail & retail store collateral
* Digital strategy: Developing bought, owned, and earned channel strategies by defining personas, customer journeys, user experience, digital cadence and frequency based on brand goals, defined audience and cultural relevance for activating and optimizing tentpole and always-on campaigns and content across multiple platforms and devices
* Consumer-driven content strategy and development: Understanding consumers, trends, branding, interactive media, social media, ecommerce, competitive analysis, content development and syndication to strategize, plan, and develop highly relevant content and brand extensions across all consumer touchpoints, platforms, and devices
* Branding: Creating a brand identity by defining the name, tagline, mission, personality, look,
feel, voice, and generating ideas for relevant content that communicates the brand essence, captures the intended audience, and keeps them coming back for more
* Audience development: Building and monetizing audiences across digital, social media, print, outdoor, broadcast platforms
* Team leadership: Exceptional manager of projects, staff, budgets, copy, graphic design,
videography, photography, production
* Writing, editing, producing: Accomplished idea generator, writer, editor, stylist, lecturer; media-trained spokesperson for lifestyle TV, video, radio segments
* Lifestyle categories: Experienced in all aspects of creating lifestyle content including home, garden, food, spirits, cooking, entertaining, crafts, fashion, beauty, personal care, travel, CPG, automotive, health, fitness, pets, family, baby, arts, culture, green living, sustainability
DIRECTOR OF E-COMMERCE CONTENT
Rodale, Inc; 2013-2014
Lead content and social media for launch of Rodales, an E-commerce platform offering responsibly sourced apparel, beauty, personal care, fitness, culinary, home décor, pet and baby products married with valuable editorial content including articles, slideshows, video, and social content about healthy living and sustainability.
* Strategize brand positioning and voice, lead development of all digital content across e-commerce site, marketing, and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram, YouTube, Google+) including promotions, product details, About, policies, shopping path messaging, E-CRM, ATL and digital advertising, social media and editorial content (articles, video, slideshows, tips, news, posts, apps)
* Supervise budget and staff of producers, writers, editors, community manager, freelancers
* Collaborate with creative, marketing, merchandising, technology, project management, leadership teams
Blast Radius (WPP/Wunderman); 2010-2012
Develop digital activation strategy and content strategy for digital marketing, websites, and social media for clients including Land Rover, Levis, Dockers, Hugo Boss Fragrances, Tommy Hilfiger, Bacardi, Cox Communications, Movies on Demand, Crystal Light, The Sports Authority, Georgio Armani Fragrances, Lululemon, Huggies Pull-Ups
* Developed digital strategy, content strategy, social media strategy, user experience, customer journeys, competitive analysis, content audit and gap analysis, content plans, content matrix, content calendars, apps, for global website redesigns, apps, digital campaigns, social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Google+, etc.)
* Collaborated with clients, creative, client services, technology, and project management teams
CREATIVE CONTENT CONSULTANT
Oversee content strategy and development, editorial, creative, graphic design, copy, branding, and style guidelines for
websites, magazines, marketing, online media, advertorials, newsletters, ecommerce.
Partial Client List:
STUDIO ONE NETWORKS: Managing Editor for clients Lowes HomeSweetSolutions.com and Tide Style&LifeSimplified.com: develop lineups; assign, edit, write content; manage freelancers, contracts
IDEA COUTURE: Content Strategist for client Chatelaine.com womens service site relaunch: develop content strategy, hierarchy, update frequency, interactive features, style & SEO guidelines, UGC social media & community strategy; identify external, advertising, and partnership opportunities. Content Development for client Aviva Canadas Aviva Community Fund site launch: copywriting and editing for website inviting the public to submit ideas to improve communities. Content Strategy & Development for client AARPhealthcare.com consumer site relaunch: creating content strategy, best practices, content plan, copywriting, and creative direction
MEREDITH INTEGRATED MARKETING: Content Strategist for client General Mills consumer website EatBetterAmerica.com on healthy eating, recipes, fitness, nutrition, and community: develop content strategy to improve content offerings, content flow, user experience, UGC and community. Content Strategist for client Proctor & Gamble consumer website HomeMadeSimple.com on decorating, cooking, crafts, family, and Home Care websites (Cascade, Febreze, Swiffer, Mr Clean, Dawn): develop content strategy to improve content, flow, user experience
LIFETIME BRANDS: Content Development for LifetimeSterling.com luxury flatware site launch: develop content plan, write and edit copy for landing pages, product pages, about and informational content; Brand Style Guidelines for Mikasa, Pfatzgraff, Farberware, and Design for Living tabletop, giftware, and kitchenware brands: create style guidelines for copy and design
TEMPUR-PEDIC Content Development for Tempur-Pedic.com consumer website relaunch: create content plan, write and edit copy for all content pages; identify, negotiate, edit licensed content
DIGITAL PROPHETS NETWORK: Branding & Content Development for launch of ecommerce experts consortium: develop corporate identity, tagline, mission statement, presentations, marketing materials, web content
FOOTPRINT MEDIA: Editor in Chief of Canvas magazine/website on sustainable living, organic foods, health, arts and culture, and custom publishing projects: oversee content, edit, write, supervise freelancers
B. SMITH ENTERPRISES: Recipe Editor for cookbook B. Smith Cooks Southern Style: edit, write, develop sidebars
TRIAD DIGITAL MEDIA: Vice President Strategic Development for clients Walmart.com and SamsClub.com online media programs: oversee content strategy& planning, content licensing negotiation for microsites (i.e. Food & Recipes, Vitamins & Supplements) and seasonal hubs (i.e. holidays, back to school, cold & flu, sun safety, NASCAR)
TIME INC. CONTENT SOLUTIONS: Content Strategist for client Unilevers HomeBasics.com site relaunch: develop competitive analysis, content plan, site hierarchy, recommend tools, widgets for content-driven site providing consumers with information on cooking, decorating, and family
SPIEGEL BRANDS, INC.: Creative Director for Newport News: supervise website, Eblasts, catalogs, direct mail
KITCHEN+BATH PORTFOLIO: Editor in Chief of start-up luxury shelter magazine/website: edit, write, supervise freelancers
HEARST CUSTOM PUBLISHING: Editor of AllYourRooms.com for client Georgia-Pacific. consumer website and E-news on home, garden, cooking, entertaining: select, edit, write content
1-800-FLOWERS.COM; Westbury, New York
Vice President, Creative Director, 2003-2005
Directed in-house Creative Services team producing all digital, print, advertising, outdoor, and retail store materials; collaborated with marketing heads to develop campaigns for multi-channel floral and gift retailer.
* Oversaw complete redesign of the brand identity, creating cohesive brand look/feel across all touch points
(website, ECRM, digital ads, print catalogs and direct response materials, in store, outdoor media).
* Oversaw all phases of creative, including graphic design, copy, photography, and production for ecommerce website, ECRM, ads, direct mail, catalogs, outdoor media, press kits, packaging, retail store, events marketing and booth displays, florists' guides; supervised redesign of sister brand websites.
* Consulted on custom magazine, Celebrations.com website and TV pilot, book projects, retail store design.
* Identified and cultivated celebrity experts
* Oversaw redesign of sister brand websites
* Served as spokesperson on news segments (including Fox News, WB 11 News, Good Day New York, and WLIW News); developed stories for consumer magazines including Womans Day.
HEARST MAGAZINES, New York
Editor in Chief, Country Living Gardener; 1997-2003
Editor in Chief, Rebeccas Garden; 1998-2000
Directed editorial content and staff for two best-selling bimonthly gardening lifestyle magazines and websites covering
gardening, cooking, entertaining, decorating, travel, health and beauty.
* Oversaw all planning, content, layout, budgets, staffing, and brand extensions.
* Generated story ideas, created issue lineups, selected film and covers, wrote coverlines, assigned and produced photography and manuscripts, top-edited all stories.
* Attended sales calls, trade shows, industry events; developed circulation and PR strategies.
* Developed licensed line extensions including branded books, greeting cards, calendars, journals, gift bags, CDroms, travel tours, garden tools, and a line of plants sold nationwide.
* Served as spokesperson on national television (Today, Weekend Today, CBS Early Show, ABC News, HGTV, DIY, MSNBC, etc.) and radio broadcasts and lectured at retailers and trade shows
* Worked closely with TV producers and host Rebecca Kolls to generate, produce, shoot stories.
HEARST MAGAZINES, New York
Editorial Director, Country Living Special Interest Publications; 1996-1997
Executive Editor, Country Living Special Interest Publications; 1995-1996
Deputy Editor, Country Living Special Interest Publications; 1993-1995
Oversaw editorial content and daily management of Country Living special-interest magazines including Country Living Gardener, Country Living Country Cooking, Country Living Dream Homes, Country Living Holidays, Country Living Country Travels, and Country Living Restoration.
* Supervised staff, freelancers, schedules, production, budgets, billing, contracts, permissions, copy, design
* Edited, wrote copy, generated story ideas, scouted products and locations, attended press events
* Developed prototypes for magazines Country Living Weekends and Country Living Entertains
HEARST MAGAZINES, New York
Home Editor, Countryside Magazine; 1989-1993
Responsible for home, food, and garden related content for bimonthly luxury lifestyle magazine.
* Generated, produced, wrote, and edited feature stories and columns, including product pages.
* Produced, propped, styled, and directed lifestyle, decorating, cooking, garden, product shoots.
FREELANCE WRITER/EDITOR; New York
Business Week: Holiday Giving; McGraw-Hill, 1989
Smallwood and Stewart, Book Packagers, 1988-1989
The New York Times: Todays Home, 1988
TRIANGLE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.; New York
Associate Editor, Good Food Magazine; 1988
HEARST MAGAZINES, New York
Reader Service Editor/Assistant to Features Director, House Beautiful; 1987-1988
HEARST MAGAZINES, New York
Assistant to Managing Editor, Redbook; 1986-1987
HARPER & ROW, PUBLISHERS, INC., New York
Assistant to Managing Editor, Adult Trade Book Division, 1985-1986
TRAVEL-HOLIDAY MAGAZINE, New York
SALMAGUNDI MAGAZINE, Saratoga Springs, New York
Country Living Picnics and Porch Suppers (William Morrow, 1998)
Cooking for Country Weekends (Sterling, 2003)
Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, New York; Bachelor of Arts
Richmond College, London, England; Junior Year Abroad
Island Harvest; Mineola, New York