Focused, energetic, results oriented business leader with over 10 years of leadership experience and extensive knowledge of materials management, global supply chain management, and information technology within a wide range of manufacturing industries including aerospace, automotive, and industrial products.
Focused, energetic, results oriented business leader with over 10 years of leadership experience and extensive knowledge of materials management, global supply chain management, and information technology within a wide range of manufacturing industries including aerospace, automotive, and industrial products. Practical management skills are utilized with team collaboration to create measurable results which improve key performance indicators, reduce costs, and exceed financial expectations.
Areas of Expertise:
- Strategic Planning
- Global and Strategic Sourcing
- Materials Management
- Demand Planning and Master Scheduling
- ERP Systems Implementation/Management
- Lean Manufacturing & Six Sigma
- Continuous Improvement
- Cost Reduction and Containment
- Team Building
- Problem Solving
- Performance Metrics (KPIs)
- Supplier Contract Review and Management
- Information Technology
- ISO 9001 Attainment
- Standard Cost Systems
Independent Contractor, Phoenix, Arizona
August 2015 to Present
- Principal ERP Consultant for Knox Associates
- Solutions include the following specialties: ERP System Selection, Implementation Management, Business Process Modeling, Training, and Continuous Process Improvement Development.
Knox Associates, LLC, Phoenix, Arizona
Director of Materials & Information Technology
June 2007 to June 2015
-Senior executive leadership team member who managed daily operations of Materials and Information Technology Departments for an industrial products manufacturing and distribution company.
-Expert knowledge level with Enterprise Planning Systems (ERP) to achieve business objectives in the areas of inventory, cost reduction, delivery performance and overall productivity.
-Proven experience providing critical business intelligence to management for informed strategic and operational decision making.
-Received Employee of the Year Award for recovering failed Microsoft Dynamics ERP implementation.
-Reduced inventory by 40% while improving delivery performance to 97% and permanently removed over $300K of annual material costs.
-Developed KPI metrics that support company goals and objectives.
-Increased lights out CNC machining productivity by 50%.
-Lead a cross functional team to the successful development of a supplier certification program.
- Departments received highest scores in overall job satisfaction in a company-wide 360 review conducted in 2015 by an outside HR firm.
Triumph, LLC, Tempe, Arizona
2004 to 2007
- Improved planning systems for tier-two automotive supplier to reduce inventory assets by over 30% while improving delivery performance to over 90%.
- Played a key leadership role in the company obtaining and maintaining ISO 9001 certification.
Independent Contractor, Statesville, North Carolina
Manufacturing ERP Consultant
2002 to 2004
Successfully lead two ERP system implementations for industrial product manufacturers.
Eaton Aerospace, Jackson, Mississippi
Director of Materials and Customer Service
1997 to 2002
- Accountable for global sourcing, planning & scheduling, shipping & receiving for $165M aerospace facility.
- Responsible for all direct customer communications, sales order processing, and master scheduling.
- Implemented supplier-managed inventory
- Reduced purchasing past due by 70%, improved customer on-time delivery 25%, and eliminated $2 million annually from purchased material costs.
Millsaps Executive MBA
Millsaps College, Jackson, MS
B.A. Business Administration
B.S. Computer Science
University of North Carolina, Charlotte, NC