President / CEO / GM
A Global Business and Engineering Executive MBA in manufacturing, software, electronics, medical, energy, and high technology industries with leadership in the Americas, China, India, Australia, and Europe. Successful history of P&L accountability, strategic planning, budget development, marketing, and operations. Proven skills, experience, and passion to create a global business, craft a product vision and roadmap, deliver a winning communication story, and execute critical quick-wins and measurable growth that deliver solid P&L results.
* MBA, MS, PMP, LSSMBB
* R&D, Product development
* P&L management
* Business development
* Robotics, Instrumentation
* Industrial automation
* Marketing and Sales
* M&A development
* Software/hardware solutions
* PE turnaround and realignment
* Multi BU management
* Successful design and launch of 240 new product designs within a 90-day period, a $43M revenue stream.
* $4.6M savings by optimizing manufacturing process at two China plants.
* Took annual revenue from $9M to $42M in three years through global expansion and strategic roadmaps.
* Created Enterprise Project Management for 60+ major projects, a $270M commitment.
Consulting Business and Engineering Consultant 2015-present
Providing business development, process management, research, and product development.
* Luminator Technology Group, aerospace lighting and transit signage. Global VP Engineering, CTO.
* Scaled Power Generation Technologies, a vertical wind turbine technology firm. CTO, VP of Engineering.
* Rampart Systems, a magnetic sensor firm. Restructured the company, $2M product launch. Interim CEO.
Director of Global Engineering 2013-2015
A high-quality, high-volume production electronic components firm in magnetics, antennas and connectors serving wireless/wireline communications, power management, military/aerospace and automotive industries.
Leading 8 direct 300 indirect engineering reports at a U.S. design center, a China design center, and China and USA manufacturing centers. Research and development of new product, intellectual property and patent management, leading electrical, mechanical, process, test, NPI, automation and manufacturing engineering.
* $4.6M annual savings by optimizing manufacturing process at two China plants.
* $240M P&L responsibility, annual budget of $10M driving $400M annual revenue.
* Reduced expense for R&D efforts to $3.9M, (3.4% of projected revenue, well below the 5% target).
Marketing and New Product Development:
* Successful design and launch of 240 new product designs within 90 days, an annual $43M revenue stream.
* Successful development of three disruptive technology product lines from market feasibility to production.
* Crafted a global New Product Development process, reducing time to market from 18 months to 6 months.
* Created a long-term marketing, product development, and operations strategy optimizing market leadership.
* Restructured the engineering and manufacturing organization in Asia and North America.
* Following acquisition by a Private Equity firm successful restructuring of the major global divisions into local business units.
Director of Engineering, General Manager 2009-2012
Division leader for Sales, Operations, and PMO efforts. Leadership of the Software, Systems, Mechanical, and Senior Staff. Reported to the President of global operations. Leading 10 direct 177 indirect FTE reports, annual budget of $28.4M developing locomotive control systems and training simulators for global application.
* Took annual revenue from $9M to $42M within three years, expanded global operations.
* Created an offshore development program in India of 45 staff, enabling annual savings of $3.7M in salaries.
* Saved $1.6M through strategic relocation of the organization, realigned culture with 99% retention.
* Realignment and turnaround of Train Dynamic Systems Division. $33M increase in annual sales.
* Turnaround of a $4.5M multinational simulator-training project during the first 100 days.
* Implemented a CMMi and Lean Six Sigma program to improve organization process and quality.
Operations and Project Management:
* Created strategy of PMI core process and Enterprise Project Management across two product lines.
* Implemented Project Portfolio Management for 60+ major projects, a $270M commitment.
Sales and Marketing:
* Closed $24M in 2011 sales thru customer facing interactions at president/vice-president levels.
* Directed international marketing team, created a long-term marketing and product development strategy.
Senior Engineering Manager, Americas 1994-2009
Engineering management and software development for multi-site operations in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Leading 30 direct and 120 indirect multinational technical staff and 24/7/365 operations reflecting a $20.1M budget with a $409M capital equipment investment in the Americas region. Global customer facing roles in the medical, automotive, and telecom markets.
* Generated efficiencies and cost savings of $36M annually and achieved staff retention rates above 99%.
* Created and globally implemented automation and statistical process control systems that reduced operator error rate to zero, lowered cycle times by 300%, reduced rework from 15% to >2%, decreased staffing 25%.
* Led multi-site consolidation of US/Europe test operations to offshore solutions in China, resulting in cost reductions of 90%. Cut annual labor costs by $17.3M.
* Created and led teams in design, development, and global deployment of quality control systems. Achieved zero defect quality requirements and $2.6M in cost savings protecting $1.6 billion in annual revenues.
* Change agent for product and process quality improvements that leveraged Six Sigma, ISO, and TQM processes resulting in the Malcolm Baldrige Award. Enabled critical certifications (ISO9001, TS16949).
Southern Methodist University Master of Business Administration 2002
Management, Finance, International Entrepreneurship
Southern Methodist University Master of Science: Computer Science 1994
Doctorate level work: computer science / software engineering
University of Texas Bachelor of Science: Computer Science 1991
CERTIFICATIONS & ASSOCIATIONS
Certifications: PMP - Project Management Professional Certification
LSSMBB - Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt & Master Black Belt Certifications
Professional Affiliations: IEEE Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
PMI Project Management Institute
ISA International Society of Automation; ERT Dallas Executive Roundtable
International Experience: Brazil, China, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, France, Italy,
(Australia, Egypt, Canada, Mexico).
Languages: English, facility in French, limited Mandarin