GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN & OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE
" Supply Chain Management (E2E)
" Multi-Site/Region/Business Mgmt.
" Procurement Management
" Warehouse/Logistics Management
" Inventory Turn Maximization
" Financial Planning & Analysis
" Strategic Planning
" Continuous Improvement
" Organizational Development
" Process Engineering
" Project Management
" Manufacturing Throughput
" Operations Management
" Sales & Operations Planning
" Cross-Functional Leadership
" Coaching & Consulting
" Change Agent/Catalyst
Lead end-to-end supply chain management globally and across manufacturing business units: SUPPLY CHAIN DIRECTOR / OPERATIONS MANAGER * Lead end-to-end supply chain planning to manage the inventory & production of 7 factories on 4 continents plus outsourced with sales around the world: SALES & OPERATIONS PLANNING (S&OP) DIRECTOR and GLOBAL DEMAND MANAGER * hands-on inventory control and organizational development with 30 direct reports: WAREHOUSE & INVENTORY CONTROL LEADER * value stream inventory planning: INVENTORY MANAGER * collaborative planning: CHANNEL ANALYST * procurement planning and buying: PURCHASING AGENT * channel development & distributor programs: INTERNAL CONSULTANT & BUSINESS ANALYST * product planning/NPI/EOL: MARKETING ANALYST * 3rd party account & order management: DISTRIBUTOR ACCOUNT MANAGER * cross-functional Demand & Supply Planning: FORECASTING & PLANNING LEADER
Stellar Industries (Automotive/Service Truck Bodies/Cranes/Industrial Manufacturing)
SUPPLY CHAIN DIRECTOR / OPERATIONS MANAGER
END-TO-END SUPPLY CHAIN:
* Lead a multi-site supply chain team across procurement, supplier relations, production control, planning, inventory management, logistics & transportation management, and supply chain project management.
* Responsible for directing and coordinating all global end-to-end supply chain activities: the flow of material including the functions of manufacturing production scheduling, inventory control, purchasing, shipping & receiving, and warehousing to meet company objectives and customer requirements.
* Coming into a year planning 12% growth, ramped up supply chain to support 34% then 50% growth.
* Developed and lead a strategic rolling 18 to 24-month Sales & Operations Planning process. A cross-functional senior leadership team on economic, market, customer, and product indicators and plan the impact on shipments, production, and inventories in currency, whole good units, and direct labor hours. Drives such decisions as headcount, CapEx, M&A, strategic sourcing, and other investments.
* Member of senior leadership strategic planning team, contingency planning team, etc.
MANUFACTURING PRODUCTION CONTROL & SCHEDULING:
* Owners of Lead Times and On Time Delivery between internal customers and to external customers.
* While improving predictability and dependability, have improved on time completion performance and decreased lead times by 6 days. Customer Service OTD (on-time delivery) of manufactured parts improved from 70 to 85% last year; target of 95% this year.
PROCUREMENT & STRATEGIC SOURCING:
* Direct/Indirect/CapEx/VMI/Consignment via Strategic Sourcing focused on quality/service/cost.
* Improved supplier OTD from 80% to 95% while negotiating cost reductions ($1M+).
INVENTORY MANAGEMENT / INVENTORY CONTROL:
* We own and are responsible for all aspects of inventory: receipts, levels, flow, turns, accuracy, etc.
* Planning parameters plus warehousing, stocking, picking, kitting, and material handling.
* Cycle-counting following several successful physical inventories and improving process discipline
LOGISTICS & TRANSPORTATION:
* Integration of 3PL, LTL, finished goods truck delivery, intercompany transfers and small parcel across all locations: increasing service while reducing costs by $100Ks.
* Continuous improvement of ERP/MRP to drive timely flow of product into/through/out of the company.
* Created and lead a council of operations leaders to drive strategic improvement projects. Elevated bottlenecks (TOC), streamlined processes, prioritized engineering projects, improved quality, etc.
Datacard Group (High-Tech Secure ID Printer Manufacturing)
WAREHOUSE & INVENTORY CONTROL LEADER
* Created, managed, & improved the teams, strategies, and tactics for Inventory Control & Accuracy, Receiving, Stocking, Material Handling, and Manufacturing Support.
* LEAN inventory control/materials management (MRP), Oracle ERP, and supervision of large teams totaling as many as 30 direct reports including Leads, Analysts, & Material Handlers.
Tennant Company (Industrial & Commercial Equipment/Coatings/Automotive)
GLOBAL DEMAND MANAGER / SALES & OPERATIONS PLANNING (S&OP) DIRECTOR
* Implemented S&OP and built, managed, and improved the North America (from USA) & International (from Belgium) SBUs planning teams, processes, and systems to manage the inventory & production of 7 factories on 4 continents plus outsourced with sales around the world.
* Experienced working in an automotive environment (e.g., engine & electronics suppliers, processes, etc.), working in Europe, learning SAP ERP/MRP & ESOPT, and managing managers.
* My teams included Regional Demand Managers and Demand & Supply Planners.
LAUNCH: INTERNATIONAL SALES & OPERATIONS PLANNING ANTWERP, BELGIUM
* Multiple trips working in Europe supporting the launch of S&OP for the International SBU: EMEA, APAC, & LATAM. Kept global logic consistency while adding Country/Regional Manager flexibility.
Andersen Windows & Logistics (Building Products & Logistics)
FORECASTING & PLANNING LEADER/INTERNAL CONSULTANT (D&S Planning/FP&A)
* As an Internal Consultant, prepared an acquisition to handle a rapid 60% increase in sales.
* Liaison between Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Finance; integrated forecasting/planning across functions; developed and presented long and near term strategic analysis of the entire product portfolio. Provided plans/forecasts to executives, operations planning, sales goals, new product development/enhancement, corporate budgets, pricing initiatives, & distributor programs.
* Collaborated with VP of Sales & Marketing to create short- & mid-term predictive revenue models
* Collaborated more with Finance: FP&A, creating budgets, AOP, M&A, and setting overall pricing initiatives based upon impact to sales and corporate budget requirements.
PRODUCT & CHANNEL MARKETING ANALYST (Demand & Supply Planning/NPI)
* Introduction to cross-functional Demand & Supply Planning and working with executives. Apprentice in the weekly planning meetings, presented my own analysis, then became the voice of Sales & Marketing to Operations & Finance (and vice-versa) for the remainder of my AW career.
COMMERCIAL GROUP MARKETING ANALYST (Entrepreneurship/Business Development)
* Wore many hats as part of a small, entrepreneurial team. Developed strategic business plan for ramp-up of Commercial Group. Conducted focus groups, determined product line-up, product sources, target markets, distribution network, promotional activity, annual budgets, and test market plans. Business unit plan was implemented and generated USD$12M in first year.
* Coordinated and executed focused key commercial distributor/dealer, architect, and general contractor training programs consisting of product and industry information, facility tours, and professional continuing education. Resulted in key customer's sales increase of 75% in one year.
DISTRIBUTOR ACCOUNT MANAGER/PURCHASING AGENT (Sales/Orders/Procurement)
* Established mission, procedures, goals, & plan to proactively build customer relationships. In two years, customer satisfaction increased, KPIs led, & sales increased 3% annually to USD$400M.
* Purchasing agent to our wood grille supplier: 25% that was Made-to-Order necessitated 75% of efforts. Streamlined custom ordering processes and onto a new Oracle-based fulfillment system.
INVENTORY MANAGER (Operations/Value Stream)
* Managed the work-in-process and raw material inventories for 4 value stream assembly lines.
ASSEMBLY LINE LEAD SEASONAL/UNDERGRADUATE SUMMERS
* Led assembly line of 40 people including such responsibilities as internal procurement, scheduling, quality assurance, and delegating & training all assembly tasks.
APICS/ASCM - Association for Operations Management/Association of Supply Chain Management (CHAPTER PRESIDENT), Feed My Starving Children (VOLUNTEER), The Italian Cultural Center (MARKETING DIRECTOR), Habitat for Humanity (VOLUNTEER/BUILDER), Alpine Ski Racing: USSA/HMHS/UWEC (COACH/RACER/ TREASURER/CAPTAIN), BMW CCA (CHAPTER PRESIDENT, CHAIRMAN, CHIEF INSTRUCTOR / INSTRUCTOR, ADVANCED DRIVING SCHOOL COORDINATOR/COMMITTEE CHAIR, COMPETITOR)
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, AND SOFTWARE
MBA Business Administration 2002
University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management
* Courses in Operations, Project, and Quality Management; Lean & Six Sigma; Corporate Finance; HR, Staffing, Training, & Development; Entrepreneurship, Business Plans, and Strategic Mgmt.
* Marketing Courses in Consumers, Strategy, e-Commerce, International, Pricing, and Research
Prerequisites for Master of Architecture-Professional degree program
University of Minnesota School of Architecture & Landscape Architecture
BS Mathematics (Statistics) and Geography (GIS) w/Computer Science Minor 1994
University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire
* Research Assistant & Internship in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) & Remote Sensing
CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional) APICS / ASCM 2019
CSSGB (Certified Six Sigma Green Belt) IASSC 2019
PMP (Project Management Professional) PMI [expected February 2020]
CPF (Certified Professional Forecaster) IBF (Institute of Business Forecasting & Planning) 2005
S&OP-IBP / MRP / CRP-RCCP / Supply Chain Planning Training Oliver Wight Consulting, IBF, & APICS
ERPs: SAP, Oracle, BAAN, Epicor