Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY (2002)
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, (3.5/4.0 with Honors)
* Value Stream Mapping (Murli & Associates)
* Single Piece Flow & Machine Optimizer (HLS)
* Plan for Every Part & Kanban (HLS)
* 5S & Standard Work & Kaizen (Shingijutsu)
* Hoshin Kanri (HLS) & Kamishibai
* Every Part Every Interval (HLS)
* Heijunka & Level Scheduling (HLS)
* Tugger Routes (HarrisLeanSystems)
Company Confidential: Global Business Unit 2009-2014
Director of Operations, North Aurora Operations 2013-2014
* Promoted to Ops Director of a $120MM, 250K sqft assemble to order industrial water pump manufacturing facility with 100 hourly, and 40 exempts specializing in assembly and precision machining
* Direct hands on experience in generating plant wide lean cultural changes that have had dramatic improvements in key process indicators: Revenue by double digits, OI by single digits, Inventory by more then 10 Days, Scrap by 20%, Warranty by 5%.
* Improved safety record to 1.88, lowest of 6 sister plants, by driving a safety cultural that tracked near misses
* Developed a clear plant transformational plan that turned around the downward profitability trend of the business and contributed over $1MM in actual cost out. Projects included the clearing of 20K sqft of floor space for 3PL warehouse in-sourcing, eliminating 2nd shift through multiple lean events and single piece flow cells, exempt organization right-sizing, and direct material savings
* Drove ~$350K of sourcing productivity through supplier development, dual sourcing, and rapid negotiations after responsibility for non-strategic vendors was transferred to tactical purchasing under me
* Grew earned hours ratio by 14% the first time in 4 years, by investing in new tooling that rerouted parts to maximize existing CNC equipment utilization, re-locating assets into machining cells, completing capital acquisitions of new CNC equipment, and simultaneously reducing overtime.
Lean Leader, Kansas City Operations 2012-2013
* Promoted from de facto site Lean Leader while in current role as Materials Manager to official Lean Leader with 2 direct reports, 1 PFEP Manager and 1 Lean Analyst
* Direct hands on experience in generating plant wide lean cultural changes that have had dramatic improvements in On Time Delivery (5% to 92%), Inventory Reduction (~40 DOH) and Labor Cost Productivity ($500K)
* Implemented multiple single piece flow cells in assembly improving productivity to the tune of ($225K)
* Implemented the first Tugger Route Lean Delivery Material Handling System for castings weighing up to 5000lbs, eliminating 50% of the forklift traffic in machine shop and reduced machine idle time due to lack of parts by ~10%
* Created a plant wide 5S & Kamishibai program that has dramatically improved overall 5S of the plant
* Directly led or mentored over 40 Kaizen Events over my entire career
* Resolved multi-site revenue recognition issue, through leading an executive level value stream mapping event, and leading subsequent IT changes.
* Eliminated 10% of the total infancy failures by improving the process for reviewing warranty defects. Then led a cross functional team that identified and fixed root cause for related failure: high variation in bolt to bolt torque
Materials Manager, Kansas City Operations 2009-2012
* Responsible for all warehousing, scheduling, purchasing, and inventory of 4 Value Stream Planners, 4 Buyers, 1 Warehouse Manager, 1 Cycle Counter, 20 Hourly for a $120MM 450,000sqft plant specializing in both high mix low volume engineer to order flood control pumps and high volume assemble to order agriculture pumps.
* Improved OTD on 4 of 6 VSs from 5% to 92%, a 10 year historical high, and reduced delinquency by 82% by tying the final assembly schedule directly to the machine shop through a single schedule point in the supermarket distributed via tugger route while simultaneously reducing one headcount in planning to reassign to lean projects
* Led a $300,000 renovation of 15,000 sqft warehouse, creating an 1000 pallet location PFEP warehouse which is used to store inventory for new business that was awarded to the plant due to high OTD and lean performance
* Reduced Inventory from $26MM (140 DOH) to $18MM (88 DOH) for the 1st time in over 4 years despite a growth in volume of 30% by creating a SIOP process and subsequently coordinating inbound material flow.
* Implemented Plan For Every Part (PFEP) on 3 VSs: Redesigned 700 rack sections and put over 1500 parts on Kanban. Shortages reduced from 35 per week to less than 4 with simultaneous inventory reduction of 25%
* Eliminated 2 shifts over 5 machining centers (2 CNC Lathes, 1 VTL, 1 Horizontal Mill) through implementation of machine optimizer (EPEI) which groups like families of parts together to reduce the number of needless setups
* Increased inventory accuracy from 50% to 88% by implementing RFsmart wireless, Supplier Bar-coding, Standard Work, Cycle Count Program, and rack design through PFEP initiatives
General Electric Company GE Transportation 2000-2009
Sourcing Leader, GE Global Signaling LLC, Grain Valley, MO 2008-2009
* Promoted to Sourcing leader for GETS GS with 12 direct reports: 10 buyers, 1 Production Control, 1 IT
* Responsible for cost, quality, and delivery of a $170MM (direct and indirect) across 450 suppliers, including many low cost country (China, India, Brazil, Mexico) suppliers
* Created a consolidated project deck tracking tool which drove over $1MM in deflation in 3 months after responsibility was transferred from strategic commodity team to materials management
* Conducted 5S event that completely relayed out the disorganized assembly cells to include a line-side hardware replenishment system for over 150 part numbers, the first in the plant.
Operations Leader, Advanced Electronics COE , Erie PA 2006 2008
* Promoted to Business Leader for the Electronic Cards and Panels Unit Exchange Division with 6 direct reports: 2 Contracting Agents, 1 Expeditor, 2 Shop Foreman, 1 Intern, 40 hourly across 3 shifts
* Directly responsible for cost, quality, production, inventory and scheduling of the Unit Exchange business which troubleshoots and repairs control electronics to support a locomotive fleet of over 6000 units through shipments in excess of 20,000 lines annually, 450 SKU, to over 40 customers: BNSF, NS, and UP.
* Increased overall output of the area by 30% without adding any investment or personnel through lean initiatives: 5S, Value Stream Mapping, SMED, and Internal Pull, resulting in $15K reduction in monthly labor variance
* Created supermarket and deployed kanbans to track material consumption resulting in 20% increase in overall lead time given to suppliers for purchased part orders, and a reduction of ~$750K of inventory
* Maintained a zero OSHA safety recordable rate through the implementation of 2 key ergonomic programs: Adjustable Height Work Stations to reduce back strain when lifting heavy panels and 5S to reduce walkway clutter
* Implemented a barcode receiving system in oracle that reduced receiving time from ~45 to ~15 seconds on a dock transacting over 22,000 lines annually
Senior Buyer, Advanced Electronics COE 2004 2006
* Responsible for cost, quality, and delivery of $25MM GE Transportation IPC Class III Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) direct buy with 3 Class I Electronic Manufacturing Suppliers (EMS) domestic and foreign.
* Negotiated a Performance Based Agreement with SANM with YoY deflation, 5%, 1%, 1%, representing $1MM in deflation. The contract directly linked, via a transfer function, the OTD of the product to incentives/penalties.
* Standardized buy-under-buy cost out across all EMS providers through implementation of Notice of Productivity Improvement Contracts, resulting in >$500K in savings across 65 individual agreements.
* Completed the dual source strategy of 7 critical, high reliability, sole sourced PCBAs, which required a ROI profile to secure the $500K needed for the development of 30 individual assets, including In Circuit Test Fixtures (ICT), Flying Probe Programs, Thermal Shock Chambers, and ES&S Functional Test Fixtures.
* Developed a dual source of PCBs by standardizing qualification testing: Ion Chromatography Testing, Interconnect Stress Testing(IST), Process Capability Testing (PCQR^2), and Highly Accelerated Stress and Stain Testing (HALT) resulting in a reduced scrap due to open vias of PCBs from over ~500K to less then ~10K.
Operations Leadership Training Program 2002 2004
* Completed two-year entry-level corporate training program combining rigorous classroom training in supply chain operations with four six-month rotational assignments: Component Engineer; Production Cell Leader, Buyer, Lean Engineer
Awards and Certifications:
* 2012 Chairmans Award for Lean Implementation, Organic Growth, and Customer Focus (Site)
* 2010 Lean Level Scheduling Certificate, Harris Lean Systems
* 2008 Institute for Printed Circuits, IPC610 Certified
* 2007 APICS Certification in Production and Inventory Management, CPIM
* 2005 Managerial Award for Outstanding Performance and Contribution to GE
* 2004 GE Operations Management Leadership Program Graduate
* 2002 GE Six Sigma Quality Greenbelt Certification
NCAA Division I, Big 10 Referee (1992-2012)
* Nominated by Chapter to be D1 Soccer Referee
President, The View HOA Multi-Story Highrise (2009-2013)
* Responsible for $500,000 annual budget
MRP: Oracle, CAS, JD Edwards; Office Tools: Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Word; Supplier Web Portals: EDI, eDeviations, ePOs, eReverse Auctions, 3of9 Barcode Receiving, RFsmart wireless
References Available Upon Request