MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING / OPERATIONS / PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
Quality Assurance & Industry Best Practices ~ Continuous Process & Performance Improvement ~ Plant Management & Operations ~ Lean Manufacturing ~ New Product Introduction ~ Supply Chain Optimization
Business Process Outsourcing ~ Assembly Process Design
High-powered, results-driven, and versatile professional with experience and achievements in manufacturing engineering, project management, quality, supply chain, and operations.
Demonstrated expertise in launching new plants, developing performance-based, cost-effective solutions, and applying innovative management techniques to enhance business performance.
Well-versed in leading international teams focused on teamwork, service level, and cost containment. Proven effectiveness in globally competitive and challenging situations.
Bilingual in English and Hindi.
> Program Management - Successfully led the design and launch of a world-class $300M Plant for $50B+ Manufacturer. Led cross-functional teams in manufacturing operations, process engineering, and logistics to achieve operational and supply chain excellence; drove quality to 750DPN in record time (12 months).
> Operational P&L Management - Managed P&L during business relocation, plant launch, operational turnaround, and continued operation at a $300M+ manufacturing plant.
> Operational Excellence / Supply Chain - Led teams at $50B+ Manufacturer to achieve operational excellence and supply chain optimization - and improve division profitability.
> New Product Introduction - Established an NPI Manufacturing Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing Planning organization - and a Center for Excellence - resulting in smooth launch of key products in 2010.
> Quality Management Systems - Knowledgeable and experienced in the implementation of quality management systems to achieve TS 16949 and QS 9000 certification.
> Footprint Optimization - Have led and participated in many cross-functional teams in Manufacturing Footprint rationalization and optimization worldwide.
> New Technologies - Experienced in the introduction of new technologies and strategies for manufacturing engineering, controls/instrumentation, and IT systems.
> Capital Budget Management - Successfully managed capital budgets for 7 plants. Demonstrated leadership in executing many capital quality and velocity improvement projects.
> Strategic Sourcing - Knowledgeable and experienced in the coordination and implementation of major supply chain optimization through strategic sourcing.
> Thorough Business Process Knowledge - Made a revolutionary impact to $50B+ Manufacturer's bottom line as a manufacturing consultant, setting up a Knowledge Based Outsourcing Model for Process Documentation in the areas of assembly, quality and logistics.
Jan 2012 - Present
Head of Technical Service, $300M Division (Aug 2012 - Present)
(Manufacturing Engineering, Maintenance Planning & Engineering, and Automation Cell & Test Equipment)
* Assumed full responsibility for managing operational P&L and improvement activities for assembly, test and paint operation in two facilities after leading the design and launch of the new $300M plant.
* Manage 6 direct reports and more than 200 employees to develop their competencies and achieve the maximum level of potential, while building and cultivating long-term quality relationships with clients and vendors.
* Lead all aspects of Manufacturing Engineering: Zero Defect Torque Tool Strategy; In-Process Verification and Test Strategy; Point of Use Material Presentation; Factory Floor Layout Management ; Assembly Line Optimization; Safety and Process Simulation; and Process Automation with 40+ Robotics.
* Manage the Process Engineering team responsible for Process FMEA, Quality Planning for assembly, test and paint processes, process routing, work instruction, visual aids, and single-point lessons.
* Responsible for plant maintenance and facility management, with a focus on establishing world-class predictive maintenance excellence; day-to-day maintenance, and facility and utility management.
* Direct the implementation of Lean Manufacturing Strategy and deployment of the companys production system to improve operational, cultural and management systems and minimize waste through Value Stream Mapping, Rapid Improvement Workshops, and Six Sigma Deployment.
* Responsible for establishing and managing capital projects and budgets for the plant. Provide leadership to teams in the evaluation of return on investment, project implementation, and budget monitoring.
* Have led and participated on many cross-functional international teams in Manufacturing Footprint analysis, rationalization and optimization.
Program Manager / Manufacturing Engineering Manager - Facility Design & Startup (Jan 2009 - Jan 2012)
* Led the design and launch of a world-class plant, with accountability for a $300M capital and expense budget following closure of the original plant.
* Entrusted to lead the entire plant launch from inception. Led cross-functional teams in plant construction, design and implementation of Lean manufacturing processes, supplier and vendor selection, equipment installation, and personnel selection and training. Managed all logistics, IT, environmental, and maintenance functions during the launch.
* Guided and mentored manufacturing and process engineers, and OEM vendors in building the assembly process to achieve operational and supply chain excellence.
* Introduced new technologies and strategies and created assembly, test and paint processes to meet quality requirements of 750 DPM in record time (12 months).
* Responsible for capacity planning and plant utilization; increased capacity 20% during plant launch.
* Managed capital projects across the division's 7 plants, from $200M to $300M.
Technical Support Manager, New Product Introduction / Manufacturing Engineering (Aug 2007 - Jan 2009)
* Established an NPI Manufacturing Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing Planning organization to achieve full collaboration in product and process engineering, leading to formation of a Center for Excellence.
* Presided over design for manufacturing and rationalization of the product design process through table-top design reviews, implementation of engineering changes, and development of new assembly processes for major programs.
* Commended for design and delivery of an NPI Validation Assembly Line that enabled process validation for key products.
* Responsible for capacity planning and capital project management for all new product introductions.
Senior Engineer-Design-Supervisor, Assembly Planning (Feb 2005 - Aug 2007)
* Applied dynamic leadership talents in process engineering for the division. Expanded capacity, increasing the assembly line from 500 engines/day to 650/day to meet increased demand.
* Played a vital role in the implementation of the companys production system. Coordinated assembly process documentation.
COMPUTER CONSULTING FIRM
Oct 2002 - Feb 2005
Consultant at $50B+ Manufacturer- Operation Manager / Industrial and Process Engineering
* Provided exemplary consulting services to $50B+ Manufacturer as an Onsite Operation Manager in the areas of work standard, engineering change management, assembly line load balance, process simulation, process failure mode effects analysis (PFMEA), control plan, and TS 16949.
MAJOR MANUFACTURER - India
Mar 1998 - Oct 2002
Supervisor of Operations, Manufacturing and Quality (1999 - 2002)
Senior Manufacturing / Quality Engineer (1998 - 1999)
* Instrumental in launching an assembly plant. Expertly managed the launch from green field to less than 1000 DPM. Led cross-functional team to implement QS 9000 systems following the first 3 months of plant launch, achieving certification by third-party auditor. Facilitated training sessions at Czech Republic (Autopal) and South Korea, facilitating movement of product and processes to India.
MAJOR MANUFACTURER - India
Jul 1995- Mar 1998
Process Engineer/Quality Engineer
* Directed and coordinated process engineering activities for welding, brazing and electroplating. Significantly reduced brazing defects for major product component from 40 to 4%. Initiated the development of new cost effective solution for welding. Led a strategic sourcing initiative that resulted in cost saving of $11M.
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Capella University - Minneapolis, MN, USA, 2008
Bachelor of Science (BS) Metallurgical Engineering, Regional Engineering College - Trichy, India, 1995
Project Management Professional (PMP): In Progress
Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
Engineering Manager Certification from Society of Manufacturing Engineers
Quality Manager Certification from ASQ
Certified Managerial Accounting - Level 1 completed
* Advanced Product Quality Planning (FMEA and PPAP)
* Statistical Process Control (SPC)
* TS 16949; QS-9000; ISO Internal Auditor
* LEED Environmental Certification
* OSHA Safety
* Project Management
* Dream Catcher - Personality Development Training
* Outboard Training
* Overseas Training on Product Knowledge
* Digital Manufacturing (UGS)
Applications: MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project), PLEX, SAP, Oracle 7.1
Mechanical Packages: Pro-E, AutoCAD, Vismockup
Statistical Packages: STAT Graphics, Minitab
Process Simulation Tools: em-Plant, Arena, Pro- Model
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Member, American Society for Quality (ASQ)
Member, Project Management Institute (PMI)
Member, Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME)
Volunteer for Baniyan, a charitable organization that supports mentally challenged women in India. Also active in Habitat for Humanity.