EXECUTIVE LEADER / GENERAL MANAGER SALES - MARKETING MANUFACTURING OPERATIONS Managing interdisciplinary teams in continuous improvement and problem-solving to achieve organizational growth and profitability
Leader of Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Finance, HR, Sales and Marketing functions for a $70M manufacturer/OEM distributor of HVAC supplies and industrial products.
* Contributed to overall company growth during 20-year tenure, increasing sales from $6.2M (1992) to $70M (2012).
* Expanded operations to establish two new state-of-the-art, ISO-certified facilities for the Southwest and West Coast.
* Implemented lean manufacturing concepts, including ISO9001 and Q Plus certifications; led implementation of PDM engineering documentation system and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
* Led online marketing efforts of organization, saving over $1M in printing and mailing costs since 2008.
* Passionate about instilling vision and accountability and providing a positive, fun working environment at all levels; excellent communication, team-building, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
MICROMETL CORPORATION - Indianapolis, IN 1992 - Present
MicroMetl is a manufacturer and distributor of HVAC accessories for OEMs and OEM distributors in the United States and Canada.
Vice President and General Manager, 2004 - Present
Vice President, Operations and Manufacturing, 1999 - 2004
Plant Manager, 1996 - 1999
Sales and Marketing Manager, 1994 - 1996
Sales Engineer and Territory Manager, 1992 - 1994
Directed manufacturing and marketing operations of $70M HVAC OEM supplier during era of exceptional growth, including startups of two new factories in Sparks, NV and Longview, TX, and relocation and expansion of Indianapolis facility. Managed team of 200-350 employees. Provided leadership through strong verbal communication, weekly communications meetings, sales meetings and board meetings. Trustee of the corporation's 401k program; employee benefits administrator. Prepared and executed annual operating budgets and monthly financial statements; served as interim CFO for 12 months in 2007.
* Maintained average sales growth of 8-15% over 20 years, with the exception of two economic downturns.
* Implemented and staffed on-site test lab for product evaluations, allowing in-house AMCA certification.
* Conducted customer and employee satisfaction surveys, driving improvements in quality, on-time delivery, and customer service, as well as employee recognition, training, wages, benefits, and working conditions.
* Established new product line for Energy Recovery Ventilation; created and launched marketing campaign, producing $11M in new sales in 2011.
* Developed and deepened customer relationships with Carrier Corporation (div. of United Technologies), Trane (div. of Ingersol Rand), Johnson Controls, and Lenox.
MONTGOMERY / KONE - Moline, IL 1989 - 1992
KONE provides innovative and eco-efficient solutions for elevators, escalators and automatic building doors, supporting customers in design, manufacturing, installation, maintenance and modernization.
Sales Engineer, 1990 - 1992
Sales Trainee, 1989 - 1990
EDUCATION / TECHNICAL SKILLS
Master of Business Administration (MBA), UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS; Champaign, IL, 1996
Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration and French, AUGUSTANA COLLEGE; Rock Island, IL, 1989
Extensive knowledge of ERP, CRM, PDM and CAD systems; full responsibility for budget creation, management and implementation; proficient in Microsoft products; fluent in French.