Astute, creative business executive, advisor and senior-level leader with an extensive history of designing successful business development initiatives, multi-layer sales strategies, supply-chain/vendor partnerships and peak-performance culture transformations. Proven ability in developing and executing complex organizational strategies while delivering bottom-line impact.
CHUCK KITCHEN 8025 173rd St. W. * Lakeville, MN * firstname.lastname@example.org * C: 952.412.9068 * http://www.linkedin.com/in/chuckkitchen
* VICE PRESIDENT * SENIOR EXECUTIVE * MANAGING DIRECTOR * REGIONAL LEADER
Astute, creative business executive, advisor and senior-level leader with an extensive history of designing successful business development initiatives, multi-layer sales strategies, supply-chain/vendor partnerships and peak-performance culture transformations. Proven ability in developing and executing complex organizational strategies while delivering bottom-line impact through metrics.
* Strategic Planning
* Visionary Leadership
* Maximizing Financial Performance
* Employee Development
* Continuous Process Improvement
* Business & Technology Integration
* Supply Chain / Vendor Relations
* Business Diversity & Development
* Competitive Market Analysis
**** ACCOMPLISHMENTS ***
J.B. OMeara Company Burnsville, MN 5/12 8/13
Private equity millwork and door distributor and manufacturer serving the Upper Midwest.
Vice President of Sales & Marketing
* Upon loss of industry leading and largest profit producing product, aligned JBO with new industry product resulting in opportunities for new market growth and increased profits; gross margin up 11%.
* Implemented across the board (sales, marketing, purchasing, customer service, warehouse and production) processes where none existed for improved efficiencies; Inventory reduced and order fulfillment improved.
* Focused on and addressed customer satisfaction issues to stop erosion and regaining of lost market-share.
* Instituted a pricing policy resulting in 5-15 percentage point increases without loss of business.
* Identified and corrected multi-year system issues that have redirected company human and capital assets and efforts to support customer satisfaction.
* Developed new corporate relationships, resulting in major accounts.
* Improved vendor relations improving both top and bottom line.
Business Betterments Minneapolis, MN 1/2010 - Present
Private sales advisory organization transforming organizational sales processes.
* Developed and implemented Cloud-Based SaaS sales resource optimization program GENREV!©, revolutionizing the sales process by removing all subjectivity and offering a pragmatic sales and time management process resulting in increased revenue, margins, customer loyalty and profits.
* Focusing on the back end of the sales process through the use of SalesStrat to easily and quickly document and present the profit enhancements offered to customers.
* Offering exclusive SourcingStrat program to procurement departments assisting them with cost reductions and vendor management.
Source One Alliance, LLC Minneapolis, MN 1/2002 - 12/2009
$50M alliance of industrial suppliers offering best in class direct (OEM) and indirect (MRO) material to manufacturers and business institutions via automated supplier pull system.
Board of Directors
* Provided vision and leadership to support growth from $13M to $50M.
* Designed and implemented customer analysis program to determine best fit.
* Managed company financial and human resources support resulting in profitable growth position.
INTERSTATE BearingSystems Minneapolis, MN 1/2002 - 12/2009
Divisional VP of a $260M privately held distributor of industrial bearings and power transmission products and maintenance and repair services throughout the Upper Midwest and Western (MT & WY) United States.
* Recruited by COO to turnaround poor performing division with extensive competition in a recessed economy.
* Designed and executed new strategic sales process.
* With proper training and leadership, changed culture at Interstate to engage more deeply with customers and be more accountable.
* Through development of business professionals, led division to produce $10M in profit over eight years (from -$24K loss) with individual performance exceeding industry best by as much as 53%.
* Delivered $250K-$350K/year profit through the development of Key Supplier program.
* Team efforts resulted in increased sales 56% and gross margin six (6) percentage points.
* By engaging the sales and purchasing departments to work cohesively, reduced inventory 46% without disruption of services and converting logistics from a cost to profit center well in excess of $150,000.
* Reported to President and General Manager with thirteen (13) direct and five (25) indirect reports.
The TORRINGTON COMPANY, Div. of Ingersoll Rand Torrington, CT 1984 - 2001
$1.4B major global manufacturer of ant-friction bearings and engineering services with worldwide manufacturing facilities and sales offices covering virtually all industry segments.
Regional Manager Reno, NV 9/1999 - 12/2001
* Through collaborative effort of Inside and Outside Sales staffs, developed and implemented customer profile process resulting in sales increase of 14%.
* Allocated necessary resources in support of national sales initiative across all company departments to identify opportunities and develop and execute successful business plan.
* Reported to Director with eight (8) direct and eight (18) indirect reports including Customer Service Center.
*** EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS ***
* Case Western Reserve University, MBA course work, Weatherhead School of Management, Cleveland, OH
* Clarkson University, B.S. Industrial Distribution, Potsdam, NY
* Total Quality Management Certification
* Quality of Leadership Certification
* Lean Six Sigma (coursework)
*** PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS ***
* Manufacturers Alliance
* Minnesota C-Group
* Minnesota Manufacturing Network, Vice Chair Member Training (past)
EXCELLENT REFERENCES UPON REQUEST