C-Level Technology Services & Consulting Executive with accomplished background growing revenue, profits, and market share for both start-up and billion-dollar companies. End-to-end leader who can spur top-line revenue growth while streamlining internal processes to best grow P&L. Innovative strategist who can study market, customer, and industry trends, identify untapped opportunities, and deliver both revenue and profit growth in fast-paced business settings. Hands-on, collaborative manager who has built and empowered strong teams to address complex business and technology challenges, producing measurable and sustainable results throughout career. Tested leader who can foster the growth and development of staff, and guide businesses through periods of transition and uncertainty.
ü Strategy & Business Development: Drove rapid growth for multiple technology service providers in full & open/competitive procurement environments; grew Company 3 from $1.5M to $30M in three years, Company 4 from $500M to $900M in eight years, and Company 5 from $30M to $35M in two years with limited B&P budget.
ü Leadership & Team Building: Consistently built, developed, and led high-performing teams to achieve defined business goals, including revenue/profit growth, and exceptional customer satisfaction. Developed and coached a 200-member team at Company 5, aligning diverse staff behind a common vision and set of goals, and creating a culture focused on collaboration, communication, and innovation.
ü Technology & Business Consulting: Led the delivery of technology-empowered business solutions to both public and private sector clients throughout career, including foundation of Big 5 consulting and management experience.
Areas of expertise:
STRATEGIC PLANNING BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT P&L MANAGEMENT ORGANIZATIONAL MANAGEMENT OPERATIONS
CROSS-FUNCTIONAL TEAM LEADERSHIP BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY SERVICE DELIVERY PROCESS IMPROVEMENT GROWTH STRATEGY
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT PROJECT MANAGEMENT ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS
COMPANY 5 2014 to Present
PRESIDENT & CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER
Leading technology consulting firm delivers both business and technology solutions to government and commercial clients.
Direct company operations, business development, and strategic direction with chief P&L responsibility. Lead initiatives to spur top-line revenue growth while minimizing costs to maximize profit margins. Study market and industry trends, identify business opportunities, craft growth strategies, and expand and diversify revenue streams. Analyze business processes to streamline operations, capture savings, and improve client service.
- Closed over $10M of new contract awards and grew revenue over $5M in first two years with no investment/limited B&P budget by leveraging strong customer relationships and developing new strategic partnerships.
- Achieved 20% growth in both EBITDA and gross margin within first two years; grew operational efficiency, improved intercompany collaboration, and implemented a new pricing model.
- Played key role in establishing relationships with new top-tier clients in both commercial and federal markets.
- Catalyzed companys growth without any special status as a small government contractor, successfully competing on a full and open basis against multi-billion dollar companies.
SR. VICE PRESIDENT & DIRECTOR OF STRATEGIC INITIATIVES, COMPANY 4 2010 to 2014
Led comprehensive programs to drive revenue growth, boost margins, increase efficiency, and strengthen client relationships. Leveraged market, industry, and client analysis to develop strategies for strategic growth and distinguish Company 4 in a competitive field. Grew the skillset and capability of staff, and enhanced companys company culture. Partnered directly with CEO to advance bottom-line goals.
- During course of eight-year tenure with Company 4 (see prior role below), played key role in growing revenue from $500M to $900M, solidifying the companys standing as a leading technology/engineering consulting firm.
- Delivered over $100M in revenue growth at DoD, DHS, and multiple federal civilian agencies through development and management of a new business development and capture management process, while also leading/supporting strategic opportunities and major proposal efforts.
- Redefined companys core business areas and solution offerings to better meet customer needs, differentiate company services, and penetrate new high-growth markets.
- Led monthly Senior Manager Meetings for companys top executives to share and receive key company/market information, track status against goals, resolve issues, and collaborate across the company.
- Championed, built, and led multiple professional development programs for employees, including a customized Project Management Training course for all of companys Project Managers and a customized Advanced Management Program for companys Senior Executives.
SR. VP & GROUP MANAGER, COMPANY 4 2006 to 2010
Directed P&L for business units of increasing size and complexity, starting with the core $30M company 3 subsidiary in 2006 and building to the overall $60M Business Unit Group in 2010. Established strategic goals and developed both short- and long-term business plans.
- Attained an average of 25% annual growth for the Business Unit Group, reaching $60M in revenue in 2010 while also growing net income by over 200% annually.
- Developed innovative new sales channels to diversify customer base and grow business during economic recession, including significantly increasing intercompany collaboration and winning new strategic contracts at multiple federal customers.
MANAGING PRINCIPAL, COMPANY 3 2003 to 2006
Built Company 3 from the ground-up in partnership with executive team, developing the early-stage outfit with four employees into a $30M management and IT consulting firm with over 200 staff. Led commercial account management, business development, and service delivery to achieve exponential revenue growth.
- Drove Company 3s growth from $1.5M in 2003 to $30M in 2006, with top clients across both the private and public sectors.
- Personally generated and managed nearly $15M in revenue and over two-thirds of companys net income.
- Implemented Service Delivery and Quality Assurance programs resulting in a 95% performance rating by customers based on independent Dun & Bradstreet Open Rating surveys.
- Identified multiple investors with strong interest in acquiring Company 3, resulting in a competitive bidding process and the successful sale to Company 4 as a wholly owned subsidiary.
EARLY CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
COMPANY 2 2002 to 2003
MANAGER, COMMUNICATIONS & CONTENT PRACTICE
- Led the development, execution, and delivery of dual business and technology solutions to a Fortune 500 client base.
- Steered a major billing system release for a national wireless services provider, including rollout of new rate plans and promotions in connection with a brand launch.
- Managed the development and implementation of several process and system improvements to enhance the end-to-end order process for a global telecommunications company.
COMPANY 1 1998 to 2002
MANAGER, COMMUNICATIONS & CONTENT PRACTICE
- Managed business consulting and IT projects for a Fortune 500 client base.
- Led project team that identified and captured $10M in lost revenue for a global telecommunications company by developing a new revenue assistance control reporting process and system.
- Oversaw information systems strategy development for a national wireless data service provider.
- Managed the design of a custom workflow-based order management system that reduced order cycle times and eliminated process inefficiencies for a global internet services provider.
Georgetown University Washington, DC
Master of Business Administration
Beta Gamma Sigma Honors Society
Yale University New Haven, CT
Bachelor of Arts
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT, CERTIFICATION & AFFILIATIONS
Security Clearance: Active DoD Top Secret Clearance