SENIOR HEALTH CARE EXECUTIVE
Senior-level leadership experience in the delivery of health care services in the post-acute health care continuum. Full P&L responsibility for multi-site operations throughout the United States. Key competencies in large-scale service operations, strategic business planning, and sales and marketing leadership. Key competencies include:
* Large-Scale Service Operations
* Strategic Business Planning
* Sales and Marketing Leadership
* Budget Development/Execution
* Product Management
* Staff Development and Accountability
* Process Improvement and Cost Containment
* Accounting and Financial Analysis
CHAPTERS HEALTH SYSTEM - Temple Terrace, FL Feb 2015 - Sep 2015
A leading provider of hospice and palliative care for adults and children
Vice President Sales & Marketing
Recruited by the CEO to transform the way Chapters competes in the hospice marketplace. Developed marketing plans, sales strategy, processes, and tools to improve sales in a highly competitive environment. Developed relationship-based sales training program for delivery to sales teams across the company's three hospice affiliates.
NURSE ON CALL - Lake Worth, FL 2008 - Feb 2015
The largest provider of Medicare certified Home Health Services in the state of Florida
Corporate Vice President Business Development (2012 - 2015)
Promoted to lead business development for Nurse On Call following its acquisition by Emeritus Corporation, the largest provider of Assisted Living in the United States, and its subsequent acquisition by Brookdale Senior Living.
* Developed Nurse on Call / Emeritus operating plan for serving Emeritus' assisted living communities.
* Identified potential acquisition candidates in states meeting profile for strategic plan.
* Developed Sales Management Manuals (Sales Management, Sales Success Coach and Home Health Coordinator) for use in platform development for national expansion.
* Trained Sales and Operations Management in Florida, Texas and Arizona branches with new training methods in anticipation of national roll out.
Regional Vice President (2008 - 2012)
Full P&L responsibility for home health care operations in Central and Southwest Florida. Provided leadership and direction to regional and branch management in up to 10 locations. Coordinated clinical, financial and operational functions to achieve desired goals and ensured optimal staffing to meet the needs of a diverse client base.
* Worked with other members of Nurse on Call Senior Management team to develop strategies and executed plan that increased regional monthly Medicare admissions in two years from 350 in five locations to more than 1000 in ten locations.
* Successfully coordinated efforts in region with Corporate Compliance and Regional Clinical management to achieve Accreditation Commission for Health Care deemed status accreditation for all branches.
GOOD SHEPHERD HOSPICE (now an affiliate of Chapters Health System) - Lakeland, FL 2006 - 2007
The leading not-for-profit provider of Hospice and Palliative Care services to residents of Polk, Hardee and Highlands Counties with an average daily census exceeding 900 and revenue budget exceeding $50M.
Developed strategic and operational plans for the program, and provided leadership and direction to operations across six sites and two inpatient facilities. As a member of the Lifepath Hospice Senior Management Team, (1) assisted with development and implementation of clinical service delivery model redesign to improve quality of care, patient and family satisfaction, and operational efficiencies and (2) standardized the admissions process to provide better access to the program and reduce time from request for assessment to admission to program.
* Increased average daily census by 25% to 900 and admissions by 8%. Exceeded budgeted net revenue by 13% for 2006, met budget for 2007, and achieved budgeted operating contribution margin in both years.
BIG BEND HOSPICE - Tallahassee, FL 2003 - 2006
The leading not-for-profit community based hospice provider serving eight counties of the Florida panhandle.
President / CEO
Executive leadership responsibilities for strategic direction and hospice operations in both an urban and rural service area. Led the development and implementation of quality-based programs to meet the unique needs of a diverse population in geographic area. Reported to the Board of Directors.
* Increased the average daily census by 34% by implementing a culture of customer service throughout the organization and implementing a focused community education program.
* Achieved a positive contribution margin of 5% in operations by implementing clinical and business benchmarks and dashboard indicators for managers and cost containment in administration. Exceeded budgeted contribution for each year.
* Implemented a leadership program to develop future management in the agency incorporating business, government and education leaders as instructors and mentors.
TLC / STAFF BUILDERS - Lake Success, NY 1996 - 2002
A leading national provider of home health care services with annual revenues of $250M and 85 branch locations across the United States.
Division Vice President - Northeastern Division
Full P&L responsibility for home health care operations in the Northeastern Division, with accountability for $95M in combined revenues for certified, licensed and infusion services. Provided leadership and direction to division, area and branch management in 21 locations, ensuring optimal staffing to meet the needs of a diverse client base.
* Increased revenues 8% by establishing a corporate sales culture, recruiting and retaining qualified sales professionals, and implementing sales training programs division-wide.
* Increased combined gross margin 3% through productivity enhancement, clinical service efficiencies and focusing on higher margin business lines.
* Achieved an additional 2% increase in contribution margin through general and administrative cost containment measures.
* Successfully led operations through implementation of the Medicare Interim Payment System, a major reduction in health care reimbursement.
MILLARD FILLMORE HEALTH SYSTEM - Buffalo, NY 1995 - 1996
Administrative Director / Chief Operating Officer - VNA Healthcare Group
Provided operational and financial leadership to VNA operations comprised of five certified branches, three licensed branches, infusion services, Home Medical Equipment and a retail pharmacy serving patients in western New York. Responsible for $30M in certified division revenue and $12M in ancillary service revenue.
* Developed strategies that increased referrals and revenues to record levels for all service lines.
* Reorganized and streamlined operations, achieving significant savings in overhead costs. Exceeded budgeted gross margin through increased productivity.
* Served as a member of System Planning Group responsible for system-wide strategic planning.
VITAS HEALTHCARE CORPORATION - Miami, FL 1990 - 1995
Director of Business Development - Southeast Region (1994 - 1995)
Developed and implemented new products and services for the nation's leading provider of hospice care in its largest and most profitable region. Directed regional sales efforts with responsibility for $75M in annual revenue.
* Developed and implemented strategies that achieved preferred provider status with managed care organizations, increasing non-governmental revenues by 25%.
* Led the Transition Team that successfully integrated sales and marketing functions for a major acquisition that increased the company's size by approximately 50%.
General Manager - Dade County, Florida (1991 - 1994)
Managed daily operations and a staff of 240 employees for the leading hospice provider in South Florida, with full P&L responsibility. Ensured compliance with regulatory and clinical statutes.
* Implemented a cost containment program, increasing earnings from 18.4% to 23.8% of revenues.
* Increased average daily census 30% (from 400 to 525).
* Successfully directed the provision of critical hospice services during Hurricane Andrew and its aftermath.
General Manager - Skokie, Illinois (1990 - 1991)
Orchestrated turnaround of a program with declining revenues and negative earnings in a highly competitive marketplace. Supervised daily operations and a staff of 60 employees.
* Increased average daily census 93% (from 75 to 145), increased annual revenues by 90%, and reduced employee turnover by 50%.
ADVENTIST HEALTH SYSTEM (AHS) - Denver, CO 1988 - 1990
Assistant Director, Planning and Marketing
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL INVOLVEMENT
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO - Denver, CO
M.S., Health Administration (MSHA)
TARLETON STATE UNIVERSITY - Stephenville, TX
B.A., Business Administration / Accounting
CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION FOR HEALTH SERVICES AT HOME (CAHSAH)
Certified Hospice Administrator (CHA)
Chair, Public Policy Committee, Florida Hospice and Palliative Care Organization
President Elect - United Partners for Human Services
Board of Directors - United Way of Big Bend
Member, Leadership Tallahassee
Captain, United States Army Aviation Branch (4 years active duty), Honorable Discharge