TIMOTHY F. PARSONS
3870 Burning Tree Drive
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan 48302
An enterprising and forward-thinking TOP CUSTOMER SERVICE, OPERATIONS AND GENERAL MANAGEMENT LEADER with extensive experience in territory management, financial oversight, profit and loss, employee engagement, merger and acquisition integration, talent development, customer satisfaction and retention, process improvement, and vendor management. Establishes strategic vision and motivates team members at all levels to deliver superior customer satisfaction, grow revenue, and improve profits. An intuitive problem solver who leverages analytical skills and business acumen to align diverse teams with corporate vision.
SHRED-IT, Troy, Michigan
Vice President of Customer Service and Operations, 2011-2012
Served as business leader, holding full profit and loss responsibility for 13 branches in U.S. central region, generating $22,000,000 in revenue. Improved profitability, customer satisfaction, customer retention, and employee morale. Oversaw 252 employees, 123 trucks, and all aspects of service delivery and administration. Integrated Brinks Document Destruction acquisition and implemented SAP. Relocated facilities in Chicago and Dallas. Worked with sales to drive new business throughout region.
- Turned around under-performing central region, unifying leadership team of District Operations Managers by creating mentor relationships and establishing subject-matter expert champions.
- Accomplished divestiture of records management business in Chicago and Dallas and transitioned business to buyer.
- Increased customer satisfaction by 11% through scripted customer interaction at end of service events and improved on-time performance.
- Raised EBITDA 23% year-over-year by reducing overtime and truck repair expenses and improving account receivables.
PITNEY BOWES MANAGEMENT SERVICES, Detroit, Michigan
Vice President of Operations, 2008-2010
Held responsibility for 280 employees as well as transaction mail services, business recovery services, and critical communication solutions, totaling $76,000,000 in revenue. Worked on critical communication solutions as start-up venture, overseeing scale, organizational structure, phased implementation, vendor selections, and revenue growth. Focused on business integrations, leveraging information technology capabilities and standardizing offerings for profitable growth.
- Integrated three separate business units into one organization.
- Closed facility and transitioned all production to third-party vendors, resulting in EBIT 9% improvement and avoiding capital expenditures from equipment upgrades.
- Implemented large-scale new customer within print and transaction mail business, creating new procedures and quality assurance requirements, procuring new equipment, and hiring new personnel.
- Re-certified two facilities as ISO-9002 compliant.
- Improved employee engagement scores by 25% through leadership visibility, improved communication, and clarifying goals and objectives.
Area Operations Director, 2003-2008
(2005-2008) Managed 38 commercial accounts in Michigan, northern Ohio, and western Pennsylvania, totaling $28,000,000 in revenue. Oversaw 400 employees. Focused on continuous improvement to achieve 2006 first quarter performance award. Led fifth-largest company account, General Motors, through successful renewal.
- Met or exceeded revenue and EBIT goals two out of three years.
- Secured top national employee engagement scores and customer renewal rate.
- Secured 2006 and 2007 PB One Leadership Conference by achieving top 10% performance results.
(2003-2005) Oversaw operations in Michigan, with 37 accounts, 308 employees, and $18,000,000 in revenue.
- Met or exceeded revenue and EBIT goals in 2003 and 2004.
- Generated 11% revenue growth and 14% improvement in profit.
- Earned market growth award in 2003 for leading area with highest growth rate.
- Achieved place in PB One Leadership Conference for 2004.
General Manager, 1999-2003
Held responsibility for all aspects of $30,000,000 business in Michigan, including human resources, finance, and operations. Turned around organization graded as "C" performer to "A" performer in under two years. Successfully reorganized Michigan operations from geographic structure to vertical market orientation, enabling improved customer satisfaction and organic growth. Partnered with sales to meet and exceed growth targets. Led 600 employees to achieve most improved customer satisfaction award in 2000 and most improved profitability in 2001.
- Earned recognition as All-Star Performer in 2002.
- Achieved Summit Club status in 2001 and 2002.
DANKA OFFICE IMAGING COMPANY, Region Director, Detroit, Michigan, 1997-1999. Held responsibility for sales, service, and general management of $80,000,000 copier and fax business in six states. Led 300 employees through Danka/Kodak merger. Oversaw sales budget, service margins, customer satisfaction, inventory, and account receivables. Generated least amount of turnover nationally. Region Service Manager, 1997. Led 80 service employees through Danka/Kodak merger while continuing to provide best-in-class service. Successfully integrated Danka and Kodak Office Imaging service organizations after merger.
EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY, Regional Service Manager, Detroit, Michigan, 1993-1996. Directed organization of seven district service managers and 120 field engineers. Managed $8,200,000 budget. Increased revenue per employee by 14%. Led region to rank among nations best, achieving 100% customer satisfaction in 1995. Manager of Business Operations, Los Angeles, California, 1991-1993. Held responsibility for fiscal performance of Western U.S. region covering nine states. Managed $60,000,000 zone budget, coordinated facility consolidation, negotiated cellular phone contract, led product launch activity, and monitored staffing.
Account Manager, San Jose, California, 1990-1991. Developed programs, hired field engineers, and coordinated training to become authorized service agent in Sun Microsystems partnership. District Service Manager, San Jose, California, 1988-1990. Led 20 field engineers. Service Engineer, Rochester, New York, 1985-1988. Provided technical support to field service personnel. Quality Assurance Engineer, Rochester, New York, 1983-1985. Implemented average outgoing quality limit sampling, continuous sampling, and control charts.
STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK MARITIME COLLEGE, Bronx, New York, B.S., Electrical Engineering, 1983
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
USPS Mail Quality Control, 2005
UNITED STATES COAST GUARD, Third Mate License, Unlimited Tonnage, 1983
EIT NEW YORK STATE, Professional Engineer in Training, 1983
UNITED STATES NAVAL RESERVE, Lieutenant, 1983-1992
Performance Management, 2008
Managing the Complex Sale, 2007
Six Sigma Green Belt, 2007
Karrass Effective Negotiating, 2006
Center for Creative Leadership, 1994