SENIOR EXECUTIVE: COO, PRESIDENT, GENERAL MANAGER
Enterprise Builder / Problem Solver / Industry Pioneer / Improvement Champion
Service, Waste Management, Petroleum, Real Estate, Non-Profit Industries
Inspirational leader of entrepreneurial high-growth service organizations through cohesive, highly motivated teams. Multi-industry experience creating and directing profitable startup divisions, growth business lines, and streamlined operations. Demonstrated ability to thrive in small, large, and transforming environments. No-holds-barred creative executive with laser focus on strategic execution using tested project management, servant leadership, and open communication principals.
* Strategic Planning & Execution
* Staff Building & Development
* Turnaround/Change Management
* Relentless Drive for Excellence
* Champion for Staff Empowerment
* Profitability & Revenue Growth
* Working Capital Optimization
* Corporate Vision Realization
* Process Optimization
* Organizational Efficiency
* P&L Accountability
* Risk Management
* Non-Profit Management
* Corporate Real Estate Authority
* New Market Development
MULTIMARKET COMPANIES / MULTIMARKET MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS, LLC
Warrenville, IL, 2006 to Present
President / Chief Operating Officer
Identified high-risk exposure and operational inefficiencies within Waste Management's ("WMI") real estate portfolio. With WMI's support, pioneered the first known centralized property management system tailored to large corporate real estate owners. Established a highly talented management team and a loyal network of field managers with non-traditional abilities to reinvent an old industry. Expanded clientele to include large petroleum marketers and financial institutions.
* Implemented YOY growth/profitability of 22% by aggressively challenging operating procedures, optimizing staffing, and closely examining costs to identify core improvements.
* Expanded company's offerings into 32 states and over $1M in consulting revenue per year.
* Through solid business development and customer service, became a preferred provider to numerous organizations including Waste Management, Inc., BP North America, and other financial institutions.
* Drove operational change in successful reorganization of people, responsibly, and processes while reducing costs and increasing revenue.
* Increased productivity by 30% by improving employee accountability, redefining the organization chart, clarifying job positions, setting smart goals, and establishing KPIs and weekly monitoring.
MULTIMARKET REAL ESTATE SERVICES, LLC
Naperville, IL, 2011 to 2014
President / Chief Operating Officer
Identified a retail petroleum industry shortcoming to create, manage, and expand a new retail site maintenance and due diligence company. Grew revenues from zero into a high margin, million-dollar business in two years. Sold company in 2014.
* Spearheaded sales pipeline to service multiple "Big Oil" marketers; became preferred provider to BP North America.
* Developed a facility management and safety inspection program for surplus & idle retail and industrial locations throughout the United States.
* Created a subscription program to service two national petroleum marketers with 99% satisfaction index.
* Built custom technology platforms to support the unique management, tracking and reporting, and underlying real estate impact for both programs.
WASTE MANAGEMENT INC. (NYSE:WM)
Lombard, IL, 2002 to 2006
Account Manager, CB Richard Ellis for Waste Management Account (2003 to 2006)
Senior Manager, Waste Management, Inc. (2002 to 2003)
Recruited by former VP Real Estate at JPMorgan Chase to join his team as Asset Manager for a ten-state portfolio of industrial, commercial, agricultural, and residential properties. Represented WMI in site-selection, acquisitions, divestments, leasehold negotiations, and facility construction.
* Conducted the site search, lease/purchase negotiations, and strategic planning for commercial and industrial facilities. Developed large raw land assemblages and sales throughout the United States.
* Directed the Real Estate Mergers & Acquisition Team for national portfolio acquisitions and divestments.
* Co-manager of "Closed Sites" disposal team for the sale of closed, environmentally challenged, landfill properties.
C&H MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT COMPANY
Chicago, IL, 1993 to 2002
Vice President, Project Management
Simultaneously served as Real Estate Consultant to Fortune 500 and medium sized clients, and Development Manager for in-house real estate development projects. Advised clients on real estate development, asset and property management, transaction management, funding, design, construction, occupancy planning, and environmental remediation. Specialized in telecommunications, retail banking, and high-rise infrastructure project management. Clients: JPMorgan Chase (8 years), City of Chicago, Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, and U.S. Cellular.
* Real Estate Development - Managed the acquisition, master planning, and construction management, environmental remediation (if needed), and entitlement acquisition for multiple projects. Projects include a 90-unit lakefront condominium development, 160-acre inner-city industrial park, and mixed-use development projects.
* Project/Construction Management - Responsible for $150M infrastructure improvement program for Chicago's landmark Chase Plaza, a 59-story, 1.9M SF corporate office building.
- Led the three-year Plaza Renovation Project which included waterproofing, asbestos abatement, and stonework, all while protecting the priceless Marc Chagall's "Four Seasons" mosaic.
- Spearheaded the programming, funding, and renovation of one of the nation's largest (59-cab) high-rise elevator systems.
EXXON MOBIL CORPORATION (NYSE:XOM)
Montclair, NJ, 1988 to 1993
Senior Sales and Business Consultant (SBC)
Supervised the operation of 50+ company-owned and leased retail properties. Oversaw financial performance, facility management, and retail marketing. Coordinated construction and environmental remediation of new and refurbished service stations and stores.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY, Ames, IA
Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance Emphasis
ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATION
Licensed Real Estate Managing Broker, Illinois
Licensed Community Association Manager, Illinois
RESTORE OF FOX VALLEY HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
Aurora, IL, 2010 to Present
Co-Founder & President, 2009 to 2014
Member, Board of Directors, 2014 to Present
As volunteer, created and led a 501c3 retail entity to sell donated building products and furniture to alleviate poverty housing. This 30,000 SF facility incorporates 12-15 staff members and thousands of hours of volunteer labor, and consistently exceeds $1M gross revenue ranking its performance in the top 5% in the country.
FOX VALLEY HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
Montgomery, IL, 2008 to 2014
Member, Board of Directors
* Institute of Real Estate Management
* Chicagoland Apartment Association
* Real Estate Investment Association
* Naperville Chamber of Commerce
* Real Estate Investors Association of Chicago
* Community Association Institute
ANTIMICROBIAL COATINGS IN RETAIL ENVIRONMENTS
Currently exploring various antimicrobial microscale films, their self-cleaning and germ killing properties, and how various chemicals can be leveraged with targeted marketing promotion to improve foot traffic at various retail channels.