Executive Management& Startup& VC Funding& New Product Definition& New Business Development& Strategic Marketing& International Business& Team Building &. Team and Project Management& High Tech& Wireless& Semiconductor& Telecom& Software& Consumer Electronics& Bio Med&. Executive MBA&
* Successful entrepreneur with proven track record: Participated in four startups, with one of them Microtune having a successful IPO with ROI close to 1000%.
* Venture funding experience: Gained through mentoring entrepreneurs at a startup incubator Startech and providing funding for own ventures.
* High-tech design services company founder: In 1999 founded Rivlan, Inc. and successfully marketed its services domestically and internationally with Fortune 500 customers and large international corporations. Led projects totaling $12M such as GPS chip for Honeywell, CDMA chip for Sharp and DBV-M tuner for MediaTek.
* Well-rounded executive with experience in several industries: Over last 20 years worked for variety industries including wireless, semiconductor, telecom, software and biomed. Familiar with startup environment and recognized for strong leadership and communications skills.
* Entrepreneur, motivator and team builder: An independent thinker, innovator and problem solver with proven track of record in new business strategy development. Earned a reputation of an experienced high tech expert with solid understanding of variety of technologies, standards and industries.
* Multi-lingual businessman: Gained broad international exposure and experience working for several European companies in UK, France, Ireland and Poland as well many customers in Asia, in particular Japan, Taiwan and Singapore as well as in Brazil.
Skills: Exceptionally strong written and verbal communications skills. Presented at international conferences to multi-hundred audiences. Highly personable and capable of working with CEOs, CTOs, VPs, VCs and corporate boards. Proficient in solving problems and implementing solutions under tight deadlines Hands-on executive capable of managing all levels of budgets.
CAREER OVERVIEW / ENTREPRENEURIAL AND FORTUNE 500 EXPERIENCE
* SyncRef, Inc. Founder and CEO, 2010- present
Founded the company and worked on developing and advanced CMOS clocking product with an aim to replace XTAL's in mobile applications. Another technology that was recently developed aimed at a broader range of consumer electronics applications. Both of these technologies are being designed in standard logic CMOS processes and are easily integrated on large SoC's in a form of a silicon IP blocks. One such a block is able to replace several XTAL's yielding substantial savings to mobile and consumer electronics OEM's. In 2012 SyncRef was awarded SBIR grant from NSF and in 2013 signed a term sheet for a VC series A funding that was not finalized.
* Rivlan, Inc. Founder, VP Business Development and VP Engineering, 1999 2010
Founded the company and successfully marketed its services domestically to several Fortune 500 customers such as: Texas Instruments, ST Microelectronics, Honeywell, Lucent, and large international corporations such as Sharp, MediaTek and Zarlink. Led multimillion dollar projects staffed with up to 25 engineers and produced several catalog parts. Responsibilities included preparing detailed project schedules and cost quotations, recruiting design engineers for projects, technical due diligence with customer on the system architecture and specs, interacting with fabs, selecting appropriate technology for the application, supervising the modeling and CEA tools for the project, writing project related patent applications and resolving IP issues, mentoring design engineers on critical analog and RF circuits, and supervising and performing design reviews.
o Helped customers enter new market segments and leverage launching new commercial products.
o Developed product solutions that substantially cut cost while improving the performance and reducing the BOM. The resulting customer savings for Honeywell, Parthus/Ceva and MediaTek totaled over $7M.
* BioCemi, Inc. - Founder and CTO, 2004 2010
Together with a molecular biology researcher founded a new venture to exploit the opportunity in emerging market for high throughput ion channel drug discovery assays.
o Designed, fabricated and successfully characterized the first prototype of the micro-array silicon chip. The measurement results confirmed the viability of the design for ion-channel drug discovery.
o Based on the result of first prototype second chip was designed and fabricated. The new chip was characterized in 2010.
o Developed a technology that may increase the drug discovery throughput by several orders of magnitude and substantially cut the test cost. It uses a topology allowing for fully automatic operation with micro-fluidic robotics.
o Use of silicon technology results in substantial cost reduction and allows for on-chip signal processing. High level of integration allows for parallel test structures that increase the throughput and lower the test cost.
* Startech, Early Ventures (Startup Incubator) - Mentor Advisor, 2002 2003
Joined the Startech team helping in evaluation of new business plans in several Hi-Tech segments including communications, networking, software, wireless, semiconductor and others.
o Routinely assigned to a specific group or company in order to assist them with building their proposition, business plan and presentation.
o Participated in more in-depth internal discussion of specific business plans targeted as potential candidates for funding. Assisted Startech with evaluation and recommendation for several deals.
* Microtune, Inc. - Co-founder and IC Design Manager, 1996 1998
Together with seven collaborators formed a new company as a spin-off from Cirrus Logic. Responsible for monolithic realization of the industrys first monolithic TV-tuner. Supervised a team of 12 design-engineers and support personnel. Duties included working with own marketing and prospective customers on product definition and its specification, interacting with foundry and packaging, defining and executing the design schedule, reviewing the technical specifications, consulting and mentoring the engineers on circuit and system design and leading design-reviews. Involved with recruitment of technical personnel, purchasing of equipment, software licensing and preparing patent applications.
o Averted abandoning the startup by its team members - kept the whole team together after a key technical leader left the company. Used leadership skills to convince the engineers that staying was the best option for them.
o Responsible for realization of the industrys first monolithic TV-tuner - in 15 months on time and on budget delivered a functional prototype savings the company millions in development cost and coming ahead of competitors.
* Cirrus Logic, Inc. ($1B Fabless Semiconductor) - Project Lead, Staff Design Engineer, 1995 1996
Project lead, senior technical contributor and technical mentor in an experimental new product development group tasked to develop the industry-first monolithic TV-tuner.
* Texas Instruments, Inc. - Design Engineer, Hard Disk-Drive Group, 1994 1995
Clarified specifications, streamlined costs, solved customer issues with previous design specs. Proposed the system solution and delivered on time and to the spec the design of critical circuit blocks.
* Prior experience - IC Design and Software Engineering positions at Tektronix (Large Test & Measurement Corp.), VTC (Semiconductor with Fab), Zeelan Technologies (T&M Startup) and a few European companies.
EDUCATION, PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS &ACHIEVEMENTS
* Executive MBA - ranked 1st in the Class, GPA 4.0, University of Texas at Dallas.
* Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, GPA 3.9, Portland State University.
* Senior Member of IEEE.
* Authored 20 research papers.
* Inventor of 11 patents.