20 years’ experience leading operations, projects, and staff in start-up, corporate, and non-profit settings; including 10 years’ senior care industry experience coaching franchise owners, consulting with families on elder needs and partnering with senior living companies. Strong leadership and analytical skills that integrate high concern for results with high concern for people. Skilled at cultivating talent, creating systems to elevate overall performance by generating new revenue, improving efficiencies and operational effectiveness. Solid value system founded on determination, directness, balance, fairness, integrity, professionalism, and respect.
+ Attained $20M cost savings for 24/7/365 operation while improving efficiencies, safety, and performance standards.
+ Realized $10M cash flow improvement in year one by executing a joint distribution agreement for “Project Eagle” resulting in Publisher’s Team Award
+ Generated 15% system revenue growth in placement billings over 2 years by supplying franchise owners with tools and training on best practices.
* P&L Management
* Operations Leadership
* Human Resources & Project Management
* Team Leadership
* Sales/Business Development
* Database Development & Administration
MICHELOTA ENTERPRISES, TAMPA, FL 2010 to present
Eldercare specialist educating families on care support options, cost comparisons, and their best choices.
• Helped 100+ families find senior housing and care for loved ones.
• Grew local referral partner network from zero to 200+ senior living communities over 3 years.
ALWAYS BEST CARE SENIOR SERVICES, TAMPA, FL 2010 to 2020
Area Representative – Florida West
Franchise developer for leading, national senior care franchisor.
• Recruited, onboarded 3 franchisees overseeing field training for startup of AHCA-licensed home health agencies. Coached owners for sales growth and profitability, and to adopt best practices.
• Spearheaded franchisor initiative producing 15% system growth in placement revenue (2015-2017).
LOS ANGELES TIMES, Los Angeles, CA 2001 to 2010
Director of Advertising Strategy and Pricing (2008 to 2010)
Supervised staff of 8 professionals enabling sales teams to drive higher business results. Services included: pricing/yield analysis, CRM reporting, sales training, and project management support.
• Generated $700K in new business in 9 months by establishing centralized lead generation process to supply sales teams with competitive media leads and Ad tracking through CRM/Salesforce.com.
• Closed $1M sales in 90 days by adopting an integrated lead management strategy leveraging CRM reporting and email campaigns targeting prospects and lapsed customers.
Director of Organization Effectiveness, Advertising (2006 to 2008)
Directed projects to improve execution of strategic and annual operating plans and to align department practices with business strategy. Guided HR initiatives on performance management, employee surveys, and recognition event.
• Realized $10M cash flow improvements in year one by executing Project Eagle, a joint distribution agreement resulting in Publisher’s Team Award.
• Generated $8M in new revenue through leadership of cross-company project teams for new product development initiatives.
Director of Operations, Olympic Facility (2001 to 2006)
P&L responsibility for LA Times’ largest printing and distribution facility - $30M, 300+ employee, 24/7/365 operation with oversight for environmental and workplace safety, employee/labor relations, and training.
? Achieved $17M cost savings across all plants over five years by reducing newsprint waste while improving productivity and on-time delivery service to field distributors and readers.
? Increased plant’s contribution from 40% to 60% system production with 125 additional employees in 4 months by executing consolidation of San Fernando Valley Plant into LA/Olympic Plant.
? Celebrated 4 months with zero OSHA-reported injuries and 8 months with no lost time days to set a plant safety record by creating a safety steering committee to interview employees about incidents.
? Initiated culture change to break a 2-year cycle of union-organizing drives by implementing employee town halls, raising performance standards, crafting high-performers recognition event in Las Vegas.
? Produced a 30% gain in transportation efficiencies with “Project Omega” to outsource full transportation services.
• Delivered $3M in annual system savings from 20% workforce reduction through job restructuring.
TRIBUNE MEDIA COMPANY, Chicago, IL 1997 to 2001
Director-Management Development / Integration / HR Project Management Assignments
In a variety of leadership roles, directed company-wide integration, succession management, and leadership development programs for Tribune Company.
• Planned and executed HR integration projects for $8B Tribune/Times Mirror merger to identify organizational best practices and gaps, then align policies and procedures in 6 months.
• Prepared executive succession planning for annual Tribune Board of Directors’ presentation facilitating strategic acquisitions and 300% revenue growth from $2B to $8B in two years.
• Steered development of IT data warehouse for talent assessments of more than 500 executives, key managers, and high potential employees across 4 business sectors and corporate office.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Nova Southeastern University
BS Electrical Engineering Tulane University
Language: English (native), Spanish (fluent)
ACTIVE COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP AND SERVICE
• Florida Department of Elder Affairs’ S.H.I.N.E. Program, Certified Medicare Benefits Counselor – Completed 1000+ client-beneficiary contacts with 8 years of volunteer service.
• Krewe of Alegria, Secretary – Streamlined administration of service-hours reporting in 3 months saving 8 volunteer-hours per month with a web-based member management system.
• Alegria’s Kickin’ for Kids Charity, Board of Directors – Grew community partner network 100% over two years expanding shoe donation-distributions to needy children in Tampa Bay community.