SOLUTIONS ENGINEERING | OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCY | SALES & MARKETING EXECUTIVE
Senior executive in operations, sales, marketing, and engineering solutions with a record of success leading remote domestic and international teams. Accomplished at strategic marketing and pricing analysis, product gap assessment, and developing sales and growth strategies for standard and custom solutions. Adept at building a strong team culture. Client base includes: Oil and gas, petrochemical, refining, industrial gases, chemicals, advanced materials, and equipment manufacturing.
* Global Market Evaluation & Expansion
* Budgets / P & L
* Operational Improvement / Six Sigma Black Belt
* Product Gap / Positioning Analysis
* New Product Development / Commercialization
* Joint Ventures / Partnerships
* Multi-Functional Team Leadership
* High Performance Management
* Key Client Relationship Management
BILFINGER SE, Minneapolis, MN 2013 - 2016
A leading $9B international supplier of engineering and services for infrastructure, industry and the energy sector including development, maintenance, engineering, delivery, assembly, commissioning and operation of power and energy applications.
Vice President, Global Business Unit - Hydrocarbon Processing, Bilfinger Water Technologies (BWT)
Led a $70M GBU with full P & L responsibilities with 52 remote employees located in 2 US and 6 international offices. Team included: sales, business development, marketing, customer service, project management, application design, engineering, field service, new product development and operations specialists.
* Exceeded Hydrocarbon Processing EBITA targets by 102% (2015) and 182% (2014) and 500 basis points.
* Surpassed Oil & Gas sales and EBITA targets by 53% (2015) and 400% (2016).
* Implemented reengineering process; achieved 32% reduction in hours and 27% increase in engineering efficiency.
* Established and maintained strategic senior industry relationships and key account management.
* Reduced manufacturing cost and delivery by 33% of vital product line.
* Addressed manufacturing issues utilizing Applied Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma; saved $1M on two projects.
* Key member of team involved in divesture of BWT division to a Chinese company in 2016.
Global Business Unit Director, Bilfinger Water Technologies, Inc., 2013 - 2014
* Directed new product commercialization; exceeded sales targets by 50% within eight months.
* Achieved 50% reduction in engineering cost and time.
* Attained 105% of GBU 2013 sales and EBITA targets.
SCIENTIFIC DESIGN COMPANY, INC. Little Ferry, NJ 2012 - 2013
A global, $100M supplier of process technology, products, equipment and services for the global petrochemical and chemicals markets, used in polyesters, plastic bottles, vehicle components and consumer products.
Senior Licensing Sales Manager
Led international licensing sales; worked with key end clients and engineering contractors; negotiated multi-million dollar licensing, catalyst, equipment, product and engineering supply and service contracts.
* Sold the first Ethylene Oxide/Ethylene Glycol license contract in US since the 1980's to a multi-billion dollar greenfield petrochemical complex, revenues were in excess of $20M and gross margins 45%.
HARPER INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION, Lancaster, NY 2010 - 2012
A global leader in complete engineered thermal processing solutions and technical services for the production of advanced materials including: carbon fiber, ceramic and metal powders, nanomaterials, nuclear materials, and carbon materials.
Director of Sales & Business Development
* Executed a $3M sale to a major advanced energy company through the successful execution of a custom process engineered solution, research and pilot development program, and service contracts.
* Achieved sales goals and increased gross margins by greater than 150 basis points.
HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL, INC. / UOP, Tonawanda, NY 1989 - 2010
A $35B leading international supplier of process technology, equipment and services for the global petrochemical, refining, chemicals, energy, and major manufacturing markets with operations including the design, engineering, manufacturing and supply of proprietary process equipment technologies for heat and mass transfer applications.
Marketing & Product Line Manager - Business Management Group, 2002 - 2010
Responsible for formulating and implementing global P & L, sales, business development, strategic partnerships, marketing, product development, and engineering solutions for the Process Equipment (PE) product line to end customers, process licensors, engineering contractors and OEMs.
* Developed strategic plan detailing growth and operational initiatives $100M (product line) for 1o years and co-led team developing divisional plans for 2 years ($1B division).
* Increased annual peak-to-peak product line revenues by 84% to ~$100 million, improved gross margins by 94% and market share by 60% via implementation of business strategies and long term supply agreements valued at $60M.
* Led Product Line Operating Team of senior functional group leaders to plan and implement initiatives to meet a 300% increase in product sales over 4 years, improved operational efficiency by 25%, and gross margins by 15%.
* Developed pricing strategies and maintained 150-200% premium on unit price versus competition.
* Negotiated and launched partnerships with three international manufacturing companies to expand product line portfolio and increase annual revenues and direct margin by 20%.
* Led strategic initiatives to establish manufacturing capabilities in China.
* Identified gaps in product solutions, led initiatives to create new products; met 100% of sales in 12 months.
Manager of Business Planning, 2001 - 2002
* Directed and managed financial analysis and accounting departments.
* Reengineered financial reporting structure and processes; improved forecasting accuracy by 90%.
* Improved department operating efficiency and productivity by 26% through Six Sigma principles.
New Products Commercialization Manager, 1999 - 2001
* Spearheaded product development initiatives and managed innovation for Process Equipment business.
* Generated $1.1 million of cost savings for new product development process by establishing, adapting and implementing Six Sigma principles and stage gate processes.
* Reduced commercialization cycle time by 60% (9 months); achieved $210K in cost savings and $500K of additional revenue on an individual project in the first year of its product life cycle.
Far East Sales Coordinator, 1996 - 1999
* Directed sales, led negotiations on key accounts, developed and led sales training, and provided technical design expertise for 5 sales offices (Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand, and Taiwan) in Process Equipment sales.
* Captured over $70M in sales; grew Far East contribution from 22% to 45% of total product line sales revenues.
Process Design Engineer, 1989 - 1996
* Directed staff engineers, technical sales support, process engineering and technical design of enhanced heat transfer and mass transfer equipment technologies.
* Provided technical, process, design and sales support on numerous multi-million dollar projects.
* Successfully analyzed and corrected multiple equipment troubleshoots at various international customer plant sites.
Master of Business Administration, State University of New York at Buffalo
Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering, cum laude, State University of New York at Buffalo
Strategic Marketing Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, Root Cause Analysis, ISO Auditor, Operations Excellence, Lean Manufacturing, Advanced Quality Systems, TQM, SIOP, SAP and Structured Safety.
ACHIEVEMENTS / AWARDS
Corporate Special Recognition Reward, Honeywell UOP, CEO Award
National Engineering Honor Society Inductee, Tau Beta Pi