AREA / REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT / EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Operations - Sales - Business Development
Senior executive offering a record of success in business strategy development, team leadership, new business development, sales, and business turnaround - with proven ability to effectively build and manage sales and profits. Respected project manager and community leader.
Master of Public Administration (MPA) / B.S. Business Management
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
* Home Care Pharmacy
* Medical Equipment
* Distribution Operations
* Purchasing & Materials Management
* Drug Delivery & Supply
* Home Nursing Care
* Health Insurance Reimbursement
* Hospital Administration
WALGREENS INFUSION SERVICES May 2012 - Present
Dallas / Irving, TX
Joined Walgreens Infusion Services division's largest south/central office as General Manager. Provide leadership and direction to a staff of 100+ employees. Direct reports include a pharmacy manager, nursing/operations manager, office manager, warehouse manager, account managers, dieticians, and reimbursement manager. Accountable for $45M+ in annual revenues and $8M+ in contribution.
* Oversaw the construction and relocation of the facility from Dallas to Irving, Texas in September 2012, including construction of a new compounding pharmacy, clinical office, area reimbursement office, and operations warehouse.
* Reorganized the sales team, intake department and nursing department, and Implemented pharmacy process changes. Replaced 3/4 of the core sales team, the pharmacy manager, and intake supervisor.
* Turned around revenue production at the Dallas / Irving office. Budget goals were missed by more than 20% in the fiscal year ending in August, 2012; we are currently within 2% of our 2013 revenue goals and will surpass these goals in the next two months.
* Currently overseeing and reinstituting Performance Improvement (PI) and Quality Assurance Review (QAR) processes. The office had not had a GM sign a QAR in over 6 years.
MEDCO HEALTH SOLUTIONS Oct 2006 - Jan 2012
Recruited to manage a turnaround of the Critical Care Systems Indianapolis operation. Critical Care Systems, a division of Accredo Health / Medco Health Solutions, is a national company providing specialty Home IV Infusion in 40 states. Operations included a specialty IV Infusion Pharmacy with on-site infusion suite and a home care nursing agency. Led a team of 25 in pharmacy, nursing, reimbursement, sales, and operations, with P&L responsibility for $12 million in annual revenues. Personally managed all sales and new business development efforts.
* Developed and implemented a comprehensive sales and operational improvement plan. We have surpassed our goals in each of the last five years. Since joining the company our core therapy sales have increased by 90% while EBITDA has grown 519%.
* Led region to receive an Exceptional Performance Award in 2007 and 2010; Sales Excellence Award in 2007, 2008, and 2010; Branch of the Year award in 2008; and Trending Operational Performance Award for Clinical Excellence in 2007. Named General Manager of the Year in 2008.
* Through the third quarter of 2011 we were on plan to increase revenue by 15 - 20% and we were greater than 30% over operational contribution margin.
* Secured No. 1 "preferred provider" status with Clarion (now IU Healthcare).
APRIA HEALTHCARE May 2006 - Oct 2006
Branch Manager V
Managed Apria Healthcare's three Twin States branches in Indiana located in Indianapolis, Indianapolis North, and Aurora. Led a management team of 6 and 85 employees, with accountability for annual revenues exceeding $25 million. As a full service provider, our services included IV Infusion, Enteral Therapy, HME/RT, and Rehabilitation Seating and Mobility products. Also managed Apria's largest discount and billing accounts with Clarian Healthcare (Clarian Home Care) and St. Francis Healthcare in Indianapolis.
* Orchestrated the total restructuring of the Respiratory Therapy Departments in all three branches, preparing the company for Joint Commission Accreditation and ensuring proper care of respiratory clients including over 100 with ventilator dependency.
* Led the Logistics Center to increase operational efficiency from 50% of target to well over 90%.
While we were making great progress and exceeding every monthly and quarterly revenue target, I left to pursue a new opportunity at Critical Care Systems International.
ASSISTTEC, INC. Sep 1992 - Apr 2005
President / Owner
AssisTTec operated as a full service Home Medical Equipment Company. In addition, the company designed, engineered, and provided sales and service for elevators, dumbwaiters, wheelchair lifts and seating systems, adaptive aids, adaptive technology, and environmental modifications for our customer base. AssisTTec was certified to provide Assistive and Environmental Technology, Adaptive Aids, and Environmental Modifications for Medicaid Waiver, Workman's Compensation, and Choice program clients in the State of Indiana.
Held full P & L responsibility while managing Sales, Human Resources, Materials Management, Contract Administration, and Operations. As part of my responsibility in a sales capacity, called on architects, general contractors, construction managers, federal and state government agencies, hospitals, clinics, case managers, and physicians.
* Forerunner in designing, engineering and providing ADA-compatible assisted technology for commercial buildings, arenas, universities, churches, and private residences.
OXYTEC, INCORPORATED Jan 1989 - Sep 1992
Director of Materials Management
Joined this regional Home Medical Equipment Company at the request of the owner with a goal of positioning the company for merger. Objectives included 100% sales growth and the implementation of cost controls to ensure a 20% margin. Served as General Manager of 8 branch offices.
* The corporation grew by over 100% in my first year by developing IV Infusion, Enteral Therapy, retail sales, regional managed care contracts, and HMO agreements for our 8 regional Branch Offices. Oxytec, Inc. was one of the first Home Medical Equipment Companies to successfully contract with Health Maintenance Organizations on a per capita basis.
* Within three years, Oxytec, Inc., grew by over 300%, became one of the nation's top 100 Home Medical Equipment Companies, and was purchased by a National Home Medical Equipment Company.
* Managed the centralization of services while contracting others, which allowed us to lower our labor cost from 28% to 21% of sales. We contracted the services of Sales Representatives and Respiratory Therapists while we centralized Medical Billing, Accounts Receivable Collections, and Supply Chain Management.
WELBORN BAPTIST HOSPITAL May 1978 - Jan 1989
Director of Wellmed Services
Assistant Director of Materials Management
At the request of Welborn Baptist Services' president, developed Wellmed Services from its inception. As a member of the hospital's task force on Business Development, developed Wellmed's homecare business plan, presented it to, and received approval from the Board of Directors. With full P & L responsibility, led sales growth of over 50% per year and achieved profits from operations consistently exceeding 18% of sales between 1986 and 1989.
As Assistant Director of Materials Management in this 487-bed facility, managed a staff of 40 employees performing the functions of Purchasing, Central Sterile Reprocessing, and Distribution. Purchasing responsibilities included annual Med Surg. and Capital Equipment contract management and budget preparation. Personally negotiated long-term contracts, capital equipment purchases, and leases for equipment and services. Contracted and administered a long-term lease agreement for the areas first Air Ambulance Life Flight System.
As Purchasing Manager, organized and chaired the Value Analysis Committee to evaluate all new product and standardization proposals. Developed a supply inventory Price Indexing System to evaluate the effectiveness of the purchasing function. While in this position, organized and implemented one of the first Group Purchasing Programs for hospitals in the State of Indiana, resulting in hospital savings of $250,000 annually.
Indiana State University - Terre Haute, IN
MPA, Master of Public Administration
Hospital Administration Internship at Welborn Baptist Hospital
Thesis: Hospital Group Purchasing - Presented to CEO, COO, and Medical Director of Welborn Baptist Hospital
University of Southern Indiana - Evansville, IN
BS, Business Management, Finance Minor
Richardson Sales Training - 2010
Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM)
Have completed numerous courses and professional development seminars to stay current on new technologies, products, services, and business skills needed in the healthcare field.
AWARDS / AFFILIATIONS
* County Councilman (Past)
* County Council President (Two Years)
* Governor's Award, Distinguished Hoosier *
* Loaned Executive United Way
* President Purchasing Management Association SWI
* Distinguished Management Award
* As County Councilman and County Council President, we were able to negotiate a long term interest-free loan from the State of Indiana to improve our county's infrastructure. Ours was the first county in the State of Indiana to acquire highway improvement funding from the State, outside of gasoline sales tax revenues. Governor Robert Orr awarded me the Distinguished Hoosier award for my efforts.