DIVISION PRESIDENT / MANAGING DIRECTOR / GENERAL MANAGER
Accomplished Senior Executive who has led global high performance organizations with manufacturing facilities in the US, Europe, China, and South Africa. Strategic innovator who looks at a product's strengths and sets strategy and tactics to drive growth. Hands-on leader who engages and empowers employees and maintains strong relationships with critical business clients. MBA and CPA with Big 4 public accounting experience.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
* Strategic Planning and Product Positioning
* Profit and Loss Management
* International Business
* Business Market Development
* Board Leadership - Corporate & Non Profit
* Performance Management
* Multi-Million Dollar Contracts
* New Business Ventures
* International Business Development - Implemented Global Unified Sales Strategy for Renold Coupling Division, resulting in double-digit sales growth. Established a Manufacturing and Sales facility for Renold Torque Transmission Division in China.
* Global Manufacturing Strategy - Developed and implemented global manufacturing strategy for Renold Torque Transmission Division that prioritized customer needs for "Service, Cost, and Quality."
* Contract Negotiation - Obtained $40M in contracts with Alstom for NYC Transit Authority projects over a six-year period for Renold Coupling Division.
* Board Leadership - Transformed governance at HealthNow New York Inc. by re-focusing by-laws and fiduciary responsibilities of the Board of Directors and Board committees.
VA BUSINESS SOLUTIONS
VA Business Solutions is a UK-based consultancy providing value added (VA) services and implementation support to achieve measurable and sustainable performance improvement, with a focus on business turnarounds, supply chain and operations. VA teams have supported clients across a wide range of business and manufacturing sectors.
President, General Manager - North America (Nov 2013 - Present)
Lead all business development, project management, and recruitment efforts for North America. Direct management teams and projects that have resulted in significant revenue growth and profitability improvement for several private-equity funded manufacturing companies across the U.S.
* Led the implementation of a Project Management Office (PMO) at $3B Bruce Power in Ontario, Canada. Worked closely with CEO to improve operational and capital projects, resulting in $11M in cost savings.
* Delivered several other profitable projects including a plant consolidation, financial turnaround, and maximization of revenues and profits to ensure compliance with bank covenants.
Renold PLC (LON:RNO), based in Manchester, UK, is a publicly traded corporation with $320M in net revenue. The company is a premier global supplier of engineered Power Transmission Products with 14 manufacturing facilities and 20 sales entities worldwide. Renold Torque Transmission Division manufactures high performance Gearboxes and Couplings.
President and Managing Director
Renold Torque Transmission Division - Buffalo, NY (Apr 2009 - Sep 2013)
Led Renold Torque Transmission Division through restructuring of the organization to a Global Sales and Manufacturing Strategy resulting in double digit sales growth and significant ROS improvement. Divisional management responsibility for Strategic Planning, Global Marketing and Sales, Manufacturing Supply Chain, and Financial performance, with 7 direct reports, 500+ employees, and up to $100M in gross annual revenues. Senior Executive of Renold PLC.
* Turned around the Gear business unit from a $2.7M loss to sustained profitability in a two-year period. Consolidated the Gearbox Division product lines into the Coupling Global Sales Strategy using a single sales force to offer a broader product range.
* Developed and implemented strategies of operational business units to facilitate achievement of goals of over 20% ROS.
* Established a Sales and Manufacturing facility in Shanghai, China to support market expansion in Asia and provide lower cost product to the Western Market with savings in excess of $200K
* Achieved significant sales growth of Torque Transmission product in South Africa by focusing on product features and strengths and targeting specific applications for success.
* Implemented a strategy to diversify core product range from the Steel Industry into higher growth Infrastructure markets of Power Generation, Oil and Gas, Mass Transit and Rubber, reducing dependency on Steel to less than 20%.
* Instituted a Global Manufacturing Strategy of that prioritized customer needs based on "Service, Cost, and Quality;" evaluated supplier and customer needs to determine the best manufacturing location.
* Standardized the Lean and 5S programs resulting in cost reductions in labor, material, and contract services in excess of $800K per year.
President and Managing Director
Renold Coupling Division - Buffalo, NY (Jul 2004 - Apr 2009)
Full responsibility for Manufacturing, Sales, and Financial performance of the $65M Renold Coupling Division comprised of three independent businesses, two of which were based in the UK.
* Led strategy to consolidate three separate and independent Coupling businesses into one global division with a single sales and manufacturing strategy.
* Implemented a Global Unified Sales Strategy to market multiple coupling product lines focused on product features, applications and markets, resulting in double-digit sales growth over five years.
* Instrumental in obtaining $40M in contracts with Alstom for NYC Transit Authority projects over 6-year period.
* Rationalized global manufacturing with implementation of standardized Lean and 5S programs.
Renold Inc. (division of Renold PLC) - Buffalo, NY (Apr 1994 -Jul 2004)
Full responsibility for Manufacturing, Sales, and Financial performance. Product lines included Power Transmission Products and Material Handling.
* Increased sales 65% through new product introduction and increased market share of existing products.
* Improved gross margins from 24.6% to 29.5% by implementing cellular manufacturing and lean manufacturing techniques. Improved operating profit from a break even to $2.5M.
* Reengineered labor policies and practices, maintaining employment levels while increasing volume by 65%.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) / VP Finance
Renold Inc. (division of Renold PLC) - Buffalo, NY (1992 - 1994)
Managed the finances of Renold Inc. including Bank Financing, Financial Planning, and General Accounting.
DELAWARE NORTH COMPANIES, INC.
Delaware North Companies, Inc. is a global food service and hospitality company operating in the food service, publishing, aluminum smelting, and entertainment industries.
Group Controller - Buffalo, NY (1987 - 1992)
Directed financial management of three diversified subsidiaries with $300M in sales, including Financial Planning and Reporting, and Strategic Analysis of Acquisition and Divestitures. Officer and Director of several subsidiaries.
* Reduced cost relating to business consolidation, staff reduction and contract negotiations of $2.5M, $0.5M and $1.1M for 1989, 1990 and 1991, respectively.
* Led the financial task force in the acquisition and start up of business with investments totaling $50M and the divestment of publishing and services businesses totaling $40M in sales.
BAUSCH & LOMB INC.
Bausch & Lomb is one of the world's largest suppliers of eye health and ophthalmic products. The Consumer Products Division manufactured Ray-Ban sunglasses until the brand was sold in 1999 the Italian Luxottica Group.
Controller, Consumer Products Division - Rochester, NY (1985 - 1987)
Responsible for financial management of the Ray-Ban manufacturing facility with $125M in sales, 1,200 employees and an inventory of $16M. Responsibilities included Cost, General Accounting, Budgeting and Forecasting.
Finance Project Manager, Consumer Products Division - Rochester, NY (1983 - 1984)
Senior Auditor, Corporate Audit Service - U.S. and Europe (1981 - 1983)
KPMG is one of the largest professional services companies in the world, specializing in audit, tax, and advisory services.
Audit Supervisor, Xerox Corp. Account - Rochester, NY (1980 - 1981)
Senior Auditor, Commercial Audit - Rochester, NY (1979 - 1980)
Renold PLC, 1994 - 2013
Board of Directors, Renold Holding Inc., 1994 - 2013
Board of Directors, Renold Inc., 1994 - 2013
Board of Directors, Jeffrey Chain Acquisition Co. Inc., 2000 - 2013
Board of Directors, Renold Transmission Technology (China - Jiangsu) Inc., 2011 - 2013
Health Now, Inc., Blue Cross Blue Shield of WNY, 1995 - 2009
Chairman of the Board, 2006 - 2009
Board of Directors, 1995 - 2009
Chairman of Executive Committee
Chairman of Finance Committee
Member of Compensation Committee
Buffalo Niagara Partnership, 2010 - 2013
Board of Directors
The Darwin D. Martin House, 2009 - Present
Member of Executive Committee, 2013 - Present
Board of Directors, 2009 - Present
Chair of Finance Committee, 2013 - Present
Buffalo State College Foundation, 2009 - Present
Board of Directors, 2009 - Present
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
ROCHESTER INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY - Rochester, NY
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
NIAGARA UNIVERSITY - Niagara Falls, NY
Bachelor of Arts (BA) Accounting
Certified Public Accountant, New York