HIGH-IMPACT SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING EXECUTIVE
Intuitive, innovative, and results-driven B2B marketing executive with a passion and keen ability for unlocking an organizations potential, launching new products, and a track record of increasing market penetration, revenues and profitability. Highly successful at assessing businesses and markets to rapidly identify opportunities and focus/align marketing, product and sales strategy to drive success. A dynamic leader and team builder adept at navigating across organizations to achieve consensus.
Incubating New Products — Market Research — Messaging & Positioning — Demand Generation
Business and Marketing Operations — Data & Analytics — SaaS & Enterprise Technology
Global Strategy — Partnership Management & Marketing — Team Building/Mentoring
INTERIM VICE PRESIDENT, GLOBAL MARKETING & PRODUCT STRATEGY July 2018 to Present
KINEO GROUP, London, UK
" Recruited to develop and execute comprehensive global marketing and product strategy to increase consolidated efforts around the globe and to increase profitability across the product suite.
" Develop and implement account based marketing for global sales and marketing teams.
" Designed and implemented new digital marketing strategy resulting in 50% increase in lead flow and conversion rates in key target geographic and industry sectors.
VICE PRESIDENT, BRAND & MARKETING STRATEGY 2016 to May 2018
ALLENCOMM, Salt Lake City, UT
" Recruited to develop and execute a comprehensive strategy and marketing plan to enable company to increase awareness and expand its custom training business further into the Fortune 1000 marketplace.
" Increased brand and product awareness by 39% and monthly MQLs over 100%, contributing to 40% of companys overall revenue in 2017.
" Increased average year over year deal size 20% to date, and on track to increase another 10% in Q2 2018.
" Re-designed companys 4 core content and technology learning solutions including Sales Enablement, Brand Training and Compliance that currently account for 65% of annual revenues.
" Increased LTV for existing accounts an average 40% by implementing a new account-based marketing approach along with targeted sales enablement processes.
VICE PRESIDENT, MARKETING AND PRODUCT STRATEGY 2014 to 2016
HOTDOCS, Lehi, UT & Edinburgh, Scotland
(Company moved all marketing & product to Scotland to prepare for sale)
" Recruited to re-vamp marketing and product strategy and launch a new SaaS publishing platform.
" In first 5 months, increased website traffic 103%, lead flow 54% and lead conversions 52%. Subsequently increased tradeshow lead flow by 76% year over year.
" Increased customer base by 1,200 new law firm and corporate legal enterprise level customers in 15 months.
" Led the successful planning and implementation of the next generation document automation product suite.
" Launched new SaaS-based document automation platform resulting in the acquisition of 600 legal publishing customers in the first year of operation.
VICE PRESIDENT, MARKETING AND PRODUCT STRATEGY 2012 to 2014
ORANGESODA / DELUXE CORP, American Fork, UT & St Paul, MN
(OrangeSoda was relocated and integrated into Deluxe Corporate)
" Recruited to lead the development of a new enterprise strategy, and manage all B2B marketing, channel and product teams. Concurrently consulted with Deluxe on transition of company into its new small business division.
" Tripled marketing team output within 90 days including an increasing lead flow 86% and sales from PPC (highest converting paid lead source) 110%. Increased lead conversions 200%+.
" Landed 4 national strategic partners that eventually accounted for more than 50% of annual revenues.
" Drove conceptualization and development of new digital product revisions along with development and acquisition of a new suite of mobile product extensions in less than 3 months.
INTERIM SENIOR EXECUTIVE & MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT, Various locations 2006 to Present
Retained by VC & PE firms and/or company Boards of Directors of early and mid-stage companies as an interim executive to execute myriad tasks including improve and focus strategy, create company and product brands, optimize marketing performance, develop customer-centric product strategies, and streamline business and marketing operations. Led several financing efforts totaling over $125M, and due diligence for 7 acquisitions.
Marketing and Product Strategy - HZO High Tech Manufacturer in Draper, UT (8 months)
- Created new focused product roadmap, streamlined manufacturing offering and implemented a new marketing and sales plan aimed at increasing lead flow and conversion as well as reducing sales costs.
- Created 3-year marketing & product plan for one existing, and two new, market segments with revenue opportunities of more than $250M including recurring revenue of $75M+ annually.
- Completed research and product strategy for new product line saving company over $3 million in R&D costs and increasing sales pipeline by over $30 million resulting in landing the largest consumer electronics co.
Marketing and Strategy - REACHABLE SaaS-based Sales Networking Platform in Sandy, UT (10 months)
- Crafted new brand and marketing strategies and developed spec for the next gen product the foundation of which remains the core functionality of the offering.
- Re-tooled companys brand including new name and mark, redesigned entire web presence, retooled SEO and PPC, all resulting in increased lead generation by 400%, web traffic by 500% and conversion rates over 60%.
New Business Marketing Development CLEARLINK Digital Marketing Co. in Salt Lake City, UT (4 months)
- Created comprehensive business and marketing strategy including detailed customer experience and product life cycle analysis, buy-cycle mapping, channel adoption plan and 3-year sales plan.
- Created web and e-commerce site plan to attract, engage and convert both new customers and channel partners as well as fulfill product and service offerings.
- Assembled cross-company team to ensure successful execution of go-to-market, sales and support plans.
Brand and Product Marketing - CEMAPHORE Enterprise Technology Co. in San Mateo, CA (16 months)
- Performed complete redirect of product and marketing strategies for web services and mobile communications-based messaging continuity and content management technology company.
- Developed new web services product line from scratch and executed launch, exceeding brand and product awareness goals over 800% and marketing communications goals over 400%.
- Implemented online beta promotion, increasing new customer trials over 700% in 1st month and 600% overall.
Business Development & Operations - INTHINC SaaS Mobile Fleet Management in Salt Lake City, UT (6 months)
- Created 3-year marketing plan for existing and 2 new market segments with revenue opportunities in excess of $500M including recurring revenue in excess of $300M annually.
- Renegotiated the outsourcing of manufacturing of technology components and finished goods which decreased in-house labor costs by 60% and build times by 50%, and increased throughput by 90%.
- Documented and implemented over 20 new product developments, financial and production processes.
CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER 2002 to 2006
CONTRACTPAL, SaaS based E-Sign and Compliance Platform in Lindon, UT
" Recruited to accelerate the companys growth by developing new business and consumer web services product line, and formulating corporate strategy and enhanced brand and business operations plan.
" Secured $5M series B round including subsequent $1.8M in convertible bridge financing.
" Executed new business and marketing strategies along with requisite product and organizational models, providing company with $100M+ opportunity.
" Identified and negotiated agreements with 6 key strategic partners for promoting and distributing product that eventually accounted for 65% of annual revenue.
" Created technology platform strategy that reduced segment specific product development by over 75%.
PLURIMUS, RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINE
SAAS & ENTERPRISE B2B ONLINE MARKETING ANALYTICS PLATFORM
" Recruited to help turn-around of this early stage web and marketing analytics company, redirecting strategy and revamping all operations including development, sales and marketing. Raised series B funding round of $26M from strategic partners and venture investors.
" Re-defined strategy, created and implemented new product plan, rounded-out management and marketing teams, and re-branded and re-launched company within 10 months in the position.
" Reduced monthly burn by 35% while adding marketing and sales teams, achieved $1.3M in sales and $15M pipeline within 3 months of release of new products.
THOMSON REUTERS, WEST GROUP, EGAN, MINNESOTA
VP OF STRATEGIC MARKETING AND SEGMENT OPERATIONS
ONLINE LEGAL AND BUSINESS RESEARCH PROVIDER
" Recruited to lead the re-positioning, re-branding and re-launch of $800M business unit.
" Expanded product distribution and access via new web-based portal. Built and managed new segment-based product team, increasing overall market share and expanding customer base beyond large corporations and law firms. Participated in acquisitions of two web companies totaling $100M that supported e-commerce strategy.
" Achieved 4-fold increase in customer awareness across traditional core segments, 7-fold in awareness and market share and over 30% in non-core segments.
" Built 6 new segment-based market groups, offering over 30 new software and online information products, producing $60M in new subscription revenue and $20M in ancillary revenue within 18 months.
" Reduced sales cycle times 30%; Increased product trials via web targeted sales leads 30%; Reduced cost per lead >50% and CRM-based online service and support system calls 20%.
WESTMINSTER COLLEGE, Gore School of Business
Adjunct Professor of Marketing. Salt Lake City, UT
" Teach graduate business courses in all facets of product and marketing strategy.
Advanced Management Program " Harvard Business School, Cambridge, MA
Master of Business Administration " Marketing & Organizational Behavior
Marriott School of Management, BYU, Provo, UT
Bachelor of Science " Political Science " English minor
Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
DEVELOPMENT & ASSOCIATIONS
New Business Development and Strategy Assignments in UK and Europe, Various companies
Co-Chairman, Marketing Executives P2P Forum, Utah Technology Council
Click below. General_Mgmt. Executive Talent Bank will send your message to ...
- Click HERE to get RiteSite Services for YOURSELF.
- Click HERE to view GM, Chief Marketing Officer, SVP, VP Mktg JOBS and/or to search for Senior GM, Chief Marketing Officer, SVP, VP Mktg JOB OPPORTUNITIES.
- Click HERE to view Additional GM, Chief Marketing Officer, SVP, VP Mktg RESUMES and/or to search for Other Senior GM, Chief Marketing Officer, SVP, VP Mktg RESUMES.
Recruiters and Employers
- Click HERE to POST ALL YOUR JOBS on RiteSite FREE of Charge.
- Click HERE to view More GM, Chief Marketing Officer, SVP, VP Mktg RESUMES and/or to search for Other Senior GM, Chief Marketing Officer, SVP, VP Mktg CANDIDATES.
- Click HERE to view Competitive GM, Chief Marketing Officer, SVP, VP Mktg Job Postings and/or Other Senior GM, Chief Marketing Officer, SVP, VP Mktg JOBS.