MULTI-UNIT BUSINESS & OPERATIONS EXECUTIVE
Building strong teams and performance cultures while growing revenues and extending brand value.
Versatile and accomplished business unit leader delivering performance excellence in demanding environments requiring operational efficiency, continuous performance improvement, and consistent service delivery.
Business and operations executive with significant P&L management experience. Decisive leader with a keen eye for facilities design and construction, as well as operational and workflow efficiencies. Respected for objective analysis, tough-minded problem solving, perseverance and determination. Well-suited for VP level leadership opportunities.
Facility & Work Flow Design
New Construction, Renovations & Upgrades
Business Modeling, Forecasting & Planning
Team Leadership & Development
AMERICAN FOOD & VENDING / AMERICAN DINING CREATIONS July 2013 - Present
One of the largest privately-held corporate culinary and refreshment service providers in the United States
District Manager / National Director of Education Sector
Recruited to build and lead the newly created Education Sector business unit, currently comprised of 10 independent college dining programs throughout New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Missouri. Reporting to the EVP, provide leadership and direction to a management team of 18 direct/indirect reports and 300 union/non-union employees.
* Rebranded the Education Division with new marketing material, brand standards, and client-based communications.
* Grew district sales 20% through new business development and base business growth; also introduced new standards and streamlined operational processes to increase gross margin.
BROCKPORT AUXILIARY SERVICE CORPORATION 2011 to 2013
A non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation contracted to provide and manage on-campus dining, catering, vending and other services to the State University of New York (SUNY) at Brockport
Director of Dining Services | SUNY at Brockport
Managed 5 direct reports (2 senior directors and 3 directors) and 200 union employees in 9 locations; accountable for $12.5M P&L across multiple revenue streams. Direct all aspects of marketing, business development, branding, concept development & implementation, and business planning for all customer service platforms.
* Brought new vision and leadership to management team while transforming business model, restructuring key teams, remodeling / opening new facilities, and developing new catering platforms.
* Developed 5-year plans and budgets for facility upgrades, renovations and remodeling initiatives of up to $3M.
COMPASS GROUP USA, INC. 2009 to 2011
A contracted food service provider and owner of Chartwell's Food Service, a brand dedicated to delivering customized solutions to the academic community
Regional Operations Manager, Mid-Atlantic Region | Chartwell's Food Service Division
Led operational turnaround of large collegiate dining programs, functioning as primary troubleshooter for the 3 least-profitable university accounts within 7-state territory. Provided outside leadership to dining service personnel while rebranding, updating and implementing new operating procedures, and promoting employee development.
* Transformed account operating at $4M loss into near profitability within eight months.
* Developed highly effective action plans designed to solidify dining service operations. Provided continuous counsel on accelerating development plan progress, aligning concepts with national brand standards.
ARAMARK CORPORATION 2001 to 2009
A leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management and apparel to healthcare, academic and other institutions
Director of Retail Operations, Eastern Region | ARAMARK Corrections (2008 to 2009)
Executed sales, development and implementation of food and technology-based retail programs. Trained regional and district teams on Correctional Services platform; guided clients through alignment process of corporate programs, providing vision for achieving financial success.
* Led Regional Retail Team to achieve 15% bottom-line growth for FY09 for this start-up retail platform.
* Completed key program implementation and brand refresh initiative for region. Developed new program launch material, operational plans, marketing communications, and field training system.
* Implemented 12 new technology sites in FY09, increasing technology implementations 55% over prior year.
Director of Operations, Central Region | ARAMARK Healthcare (2007 to 2008)
Promoted to develop retail operational programs, teach and develop retail / front-line managers, and extend relationships with outside vendors and third-parties to achieve corporate and client financial success.
* Executed retail restructuring, new hospital opening, and room service start-up initiatives at various hospital and healthcare facilities including two of the firm's Top 20 corporate accounts. Conducted retail space assessments, developed action plans, provided continuous follow-up, aligned concepts with national brand and corporate standards, rebranded existing concepts in current locations.
* Implemented two major corporate programs within all top regional accounts. Worked alongside Director of Operations for Patient Services, leveraging "Customer Close Up" and "I-Impact" programs to develop and manage key client relationships and build a better understanding of the value of services provided.
Resident District Manager | University of Rochester, Rochester, NY (2006 to 2007)
Full P&L accountability for 3 retail food service operations and 2 residential food service operations in multiple locations generating $17.5M in top-line revenues. Managed both client and corporate P&L on separate fiscal calendars. Led and directed 40 managers and a total of 300 union and non-union staff.
* Achieved $400K EBIT year-over-year improvement in FY07. Trained, groomed and promoted 3 managers to positions of greater responsibility.
* Strengthened and improved virtually every critical aspect of corporate operations on this campus. Leveraged new concepts and managed renovations while restructuring current meal plan requirements.
* Selected into ARAMARK's Leadership Development Program, an intensive training course in advanced leadership concepts and tools, with a focus on personal management development. As a member of project teams, performed business analysis and prepared reports for business unit presidents.
Dining Services Director | Springfield College - Springfield, MA (2003 to 2006)
Full P&L accountability for a $5.7M multi-site operation. Led and directed 7 managers, 12 supervisors, and 150 staff. Developed and implemented annual strategic and operating plan to achieve specific objectives for total revenue, revenue by profit center, food costs, labor costs, vendor relations, account relationship development, and staff recruitment, training and development.
* Oversaw construction of $3.5M state-of-the-art F&B facility capable of producing 3,000 "cooked-to-order" meals daily. Functioned as primary communications link between corporate and college's executive-level management regarding major decisions impacting facility's F&B operations.
Food Service Director / Operations Director | University of Hartford - West Hartford, CT (2001 to 2003)
Managed $13M operation. Directed up to 22 managers and 200+ staff in all aspects of food services preparation and delivery for entire campus in strict compliance with ARAMARK corporate guidelines and standards.
ROMANO'S MACARONI GRILL 1996 to 2001
A fast-growing casual dining restaurant chain headquartered in Dallas, Texas
Manager | Executive Chef | Region Executive Chef
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), University of Hartford, 2006
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Hotel/Restaurant Administration, Johnson & Wales University, 1994
Associate of Applied Science (A.O.S.), Culinary Arts, Johnson & Wales University, 1992