MARKETING & SALES | OPERATIONS | CONSUMER GOODS
Transforming inspired ideas into optimal market value and sustainable business results
Accomplished Executive Leader of people and business leveraging 25 years of success in sales, marketing and commercialization of market-leading health, wellness and personal care consumer brands. Exceptional ability to develop profitable and sustainable business strategy, and to drive growth, overall performance, and financial results.
Creative critical thinker with proven ability to generate innovative solutions to complex problems in a fast-paced, team-oriented, and intense competitive environment. Respected for adaptability, flexibility, integrity, and authenticity.
Expertise in applying consumer insights to drive profit and growth of consumer health and wellness brands.
* Traditional and Non-Traditional Brand Management
* High Pressure / High Stakes Situational Leadership
* P&L Ownership (Large / Established / New Brands)
* Inspiring Leadership and Effective Coaching
* Highly Persuasive Catalyst of Change
* Problem Resolution and Decision Making
* Corporate Acquisition Integration Leadership
* Retailer Business Development and Partnerships
* Innovation and New Product Development
* Cross Functional Team Building
PFIZER CONSUMER HEALTHCARE (PCH) 2001 - Present
(Formerly Wyeth Consumer Healthcare) - Madison, NJ
$48B Pharmaceutical Corporation
US Franchise Lead / Senior Group Director, US Digestive Health Franchise | 2014 - Present
*** Leading the newly established $480M Digestive Health brand portfolio: Nexium 24HR and Preparation H
Established and currently lead the new US Digestive Health Franchise, with P&L responsibility for driving the strategy and growth of the Digestive Health portfolio of brands including the 2014 Nexium Rx switch over-the-counter (OTC). Provide strategic direction and coaching to a direct 9-member marketing and innovation team, with oversight of a cross-functional team of leaders in sales strategy, insights, finance, demand planning, marketing operations, regulatory, medical, legal, and manufacturing.
* Active participant on the Senior US Commercial Leadership Team driving the overall PCH $2.2B product portfolio, addressing issues and concerns, financial commitments, and market trends and challenges.
* Surpassed organizational expectations for the US Digestive Health Franchise in FY 2015 +31% vs.PY, with strong financial performance and healthy market share gains across brands.
* Reenergized and refocused the Nexium 24HR team post 2014 launch to invigorate and accelerate both trial and consumption including decisive action to test several nonconventional approaches to driving trial.
* Set a new OTC standard with the Nexium 24HR launch plan, a first-of-a-kind Rx to OTC brand switch strategy and best-in-class retail execution, earning the coveted #1 ranked heartburn OTC brand in less than 1-year post launch, and awarded the highly regarded IRI #1 Pacesetter Award in 2015.
* Established and Developed Nexium 24HR brand distribution in a new Managed Care professional channel to favorably impact brand sales growth and profitability, and gain key divisional learning to benefit the portfolio. Awarded Pfizer Eye on Innovation in 2015 and Pfizer Commercial Excellence 2014.
* Reinvigorated Preparation H brand sales and market share during a period of significant supply constraints in 2015, by driving a strategic repositioning, and a smart, targeted reinvestment strategy.
* Achieved FDA approval for two new product launches in two years, and established a 7-year pipeline of new digestive health product innovation ideas to help sustain the long-term health of these brands.
US Franchise Lead / Director, US Dietary Supplements | 2012 - 2014
*** Led the newly acquired $153M US Dietary Supplement brand portfolio: Emergen-C and Imedeen
Established and led a new US Dietary Supplements Franchise, with P&L responsibility for driving the strategy and accelerating growth of newly acquired brands in the PCH Dietary Supplements portfolio. Provide strategic direction and coaching to a direct 5-member marketing team, with oversight of a cross-functional team of leaders in sales strategy, consumer insights, finance, demand planning, marketing operations, regulatory, medical, legal, and manufacturing.
* Active participant on the US Marketing Leadership Team driving the US marketing culture though strategic improvements to the planning process, evaluating market trends and challenges, department staffing of 80+ marketing colleagues, and establishment of the US Marketing Fundamentals learning program.
* Exceeded delivered Emergen-C growth expectation for two consecutive years, FY 2012 +21% v.PY; FY 2013 +54% v.PY; FY 2014 +6% v.PY, leading significant team achievements across strategic planning, innovation, demand creation, and people development - as evidenced by the brands' continued rapid ascension among top brands.
* Set aggressive close-in business priorities with measurable business outcomes and relentless focus on delivering the first integrated communications campaign for Emergen-C including an advertising campaign that achieved PCH copy TV action standards with strong complementary digital, print and social elements.
* Lead the team to deliver a new best-in-class campaign rooted in a new sharp consumer insight, competitive positioning, and new claims. Won the David Ogilvy Award for Excellence in Advertising from ARF for the new "transformation" brand insight and new positioning.
* Provided vision and leadership in the development of a strongly validated innovation pipelines including a healthy hydration drink, sleep, new forms, and other innovation that will sustain the brands' long term growth.
* Awarded PCH Presidents Gold Cup for exceptional leadership in 2014; earned a rarely achieved significantly exceeded Pfizer performance rating for 2013.
Global Integration Lead, Alacer Corporation Acquisition, Emergen-C | 2011 - 2012
*** Led the Alacer Corporation integration effort (pre, during and post-closing)
Awarded an executive leadership assignment to lead all facets of the Emergen-C (Alacer) business acquisition, the largest corporate acquisition in the Consumer Divisions recent history with a $700MM enterprise value. Quickly established within the first 30-day milestone, a global Integration Management Office (IMO) comprised of 13 functional leaders (US commercial, global commercial, R&D, manufacturing, communication, human resources, finance, business technology, legal, business development, quality, safety, and compliance) and 160+ colleagues in total with monthly Global Leadership Team accountability.
* Delivered exceptional results for Pfizer in a stretch assignment that delivered on deal value, and accelerated acquisition value capture within established tight deadlines. Overcame several significant obstacles across two distinct corporate cultures and bridged variability in quality standards across diverse operating models.
* Established and managed critical project milestones against transaction value drivers and closing requirements, drove results across several complex cross-functional work streams including the integrated operating model (all financial systems and process), a new combined organizational structure, product/market expansion commercial plan, and the stakeholder communication plan.
* Established well-defined protocols for operations and performance measurement, weekly reporting against project milestones, and clear direction for issue prioritization and escalation.
* Successfully maintained deal value through the most challenging aspect of the integration which was called "Product Enhancement," a global product remediation effort.
Director, Dietary Supplements | 2009 - 2011
*** Led growth-focused innovation projects for the $400M dietary supplements portfolio
Developed strategic initiatives to give consumer the confidence and support to build and maintain personalized nutrition regime for life. Managed one direct report and a dedicated cross-functional team of seven and two outside consultant agency teams to deliver several growth innovations within the nutritional/dietary supplement portfolio.
* Awarded and led Project Fingerprint, an innovative and comprehensive personalized nutrition initiative, intended to engage nutritionally conscious consumers and leapfrog PCH Nutritional brands ahead of the competition. This project included both strategic and technical development, and required strong leadership to successfully navigate internal discord on a variety of areas previously unable to be advanced.
* Launched NutritionPossible.com in under 10 months and on-budget, in partnership with WebMD, a personal, simple, engaging, smart, and credible consumer service that provided guided nutrition information, simple e-commerce convenience and a like-minded community to get health and nutrition support for life.
* Developed a line of natural Phytonutrient supplements with accelerated launch timing ($25M YR-1 retail sales) leveraging consumer trends, that would accelerate brand growth and broaden PCH nutritional leadership.
* Led the development of Centrum Specialist, a benefit-focused sub-line of multivitamins, including heart, prenatal, vision, and digestive health that leveraged personalized nutrition consumer insight and category specially supplement trends.
Senior Product Manager, Respiratory Syrups (Robitussin & Dimetapp) | 2007 - 2009
Managed a portfolio of market leading cough / cold brands, with annual sales of $200M. Responsible for all elements of brand management and the development of a team of four. Proactively scenario-planned new ingredient strategy to mitigate impact of key pieces of pending FDA legislation and potential changes in national and local regulations.
* Awarded the Corporate Global Excellence Award for partnering with operations and sales to optimize long term brand viability and sales through strategic labeling changes across the franchise in response to regulatory pressure on pediatric cough and cold ingredients.
* Led and delivered Project Revolution', syrup taste and viscosity enhancements, a new brand identity, essence and positioning, and a comprehensive pricing evaluation that improved profit by taking 7% price increase.
* Launched DM Max, a new BTC line of products, and a single dose adult syrup innovation with globally recognized top scoring advertising.
Senior Product Manager, Caltrate | 2005 - 2007
Managed a portfolio of market leading Calcium supplements, with annual sales of $90M. Responsible for all elements of brand management and the development of two direct reports. FY 2007 Sales Growth +10% v.PY
* Awarded the Corporate Global Excellence Award for leadership of a archetype discovery process from which uncovered and drove development of the "Movement" global strategic platform.
* Awarded the President Gold Cup for large size up-sell strategy resulting in incremental sales and profit.
* Drove differentiated and stronger brand positioning with a comprehensive communication strategy.
* Developed and executed new Dr. Recommended strategy that increased penetration of the Rx Osteo market.
Product Manager, ChapStick | 2003 - 2005
Managed a line of market leading lip balms, with annual sales of $154M. Responsible for new products, market research, advertising creative development, promotions, forecasting, operations and one direct report. FY 2005 Sales Growth +6% v.PY; FY 2004 Sales Growth +10% v.PY.
* Received Corporate Global Pride Award for identifying $10M incremental sales from new channel distribution.
* Led Project Perception discovery aimed at insight development for lip care expansion outside of the cough/cold category into skincare and beauty.
* Drove sales increases through new trade structure, redesigned packaging, new product launches, re-launch of LipMoist, Disney licensing, Dual Formula contingency planning and the development of top scoring advertising.
* Awarded Best In Class Business Plan in 2004 due to the retail secondary placement impulse placement strategy.
Sales Business Development Manager Lead, CVS Customer Team | 2001 - 2003
Led business development for Wyeth's #1 drug retailer and second largest customer team, with annual sales of $130M. Consistently exceeded sales targets for three consecutive years through smart strategic analysis, planning and ideas within the Pain, Nutritional and Respiratory categories.
* Exceeded Advil, Chapstick, and Respiratory Portfolio's share targets through innovative placement and promotion strategies, best-in-class category strategies (notably ChapStick Everywhere' and Pain Lifestyle'), and flawless execution of the Advil Liqui-Gels re-launch and the Alavert Brand launch.
* Partnered and established Wyeth as a primary and indispensible strategic resource for CVS.
* Recognized with the Presidents Circle of Excellence honor for delivery of sales above expectations '02 & 03.
Increasingly responsible roles with Health & Beauty Care (HBC) consumer product companies, as Director Trade Marketing Operations at CCA Industries, a $64M manufacturer of quality HBC brands; Key Acct Manager to Director of Sales & Marketing in Cosmepak Beauty Division of FPI Thermoplastics, a $30M manufacturer of beauty organizers; and Marketing Manager at Woltra Corp, a $20M manufacturer and importer of HBA sundries and specialty skincare.
B.S. Marketing, Montclair State University | 1991
Continuing education programs in: Marketing, Sales, Negotiating, Leading People, E-commerce, Portfolio Management, Financial P&L Management, Talent Management, Executive Leadership Presence, CLS Situational Leadership, PCH Cornerstones Leadership, and Covey Speed of Trust.