Global mining company
Product & Sales Manager Specialty Products
- Successful performance led to promotion after only seven months in prior role.
Corporate Development Manager
- Oversaw Merger & Acquisition (M&A) activity for the company s largest division.
- Led project to enact a fundamental shift in the go-to-market strategy that will impact the entire industry.
- Responsible for overseeing the annual strategic planning process.
- Developed competitive intelligence used to shape company s strategy and capital spending.
Strategy & Operations Consultant
- Billed 500+ hours year-to-date as a consultant to a consumer electronics startup while employed full-time.
- Led operations function by developing overall operations plan and vetting suppliers.
- Managed finance function including financial statement preparation and analysis, and cash flow forecast.
- Helped develop channel relationships by cold-calling potential distribution partners.
Safety product manufacturer
Senior Financial Analyst
- Significant financial modeling. Models of various levels of sophistication, up to and including interlinked income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows.
- Developed business case used to support pursuit of a foreign joint venture.
CNC manufacturing company
Operations & Business Development Manager
- Analyzed a production cell and implemented improvements, principally one-piece flow. Increased cell productivity from 700 to 1,000 units per day.
- Analyzed manufacturing rates and material flow to reduce work-in-process inventory more than 90%, from 10,000+ units to less than 1,000 units.
- Managed two largest customer accounts representing over 30% of annual revenue and was able to increase annual revenue from one customer from $4 to 8 million.
- Responsible for creating business case to support business expansion roughly doubling square footage and revenue and implemented the growth plan on schedule and budget.
- Managed the company s semi-annual strategic planning process.
- Oversaw project to bring new processing capability in-house saving company over $250k annually in operating expenses. Cost center is now a profit center.
- Deployed reporting and monitoring process to track efficiency. Monitored results, suggested and implemented improvements.
- Secured tax incentives of $5,500 per employee for a total of 90 employees or $495,000.
- Managed restructuring of company's ERP system and underlying processes.
Co-Owner, General Manager
- Responsible for development of marketing strategy and monitoring of sales effectiveness for the entire company.
- Worked with customers to identify product and service gaps and implemented design changes, new products, and/or new procedures to address those gaps.
- Oversaw production staff which included managing a team of eight direct reports and monitored production costs to assess profitability.
- In addition to the above, led sales efforts for a portion of the Midwest region.
Regional boutique investment bank
- Assisted in or led all phases of the transaction lifecycle including buyer identification, development of offering memoranda, interaction with potential buyers, management presentations, offer analysis, offer negotiation, due diligence, and close.
- Created financial models to communicate value of clients to prospective buyers. Models were of varied levels of sophistication up to and including creation of interlinked balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows.
Fortune 500 computer hardware manufacturer
Supply Chain Consultant
- Led a team that created a new global distribution strategy for microprocessors, company's main line of business.
- Reduced inventory by 3 weeks translating to more than $25 million in annual savings. Increased fill rate by 20% resulting in approximately $10 million in additional revenue.
- Outstanding performance awarded with invitation to speak at a national conference.
Global industrial products company
Corporate Development Consultant
- Researched adjacent market segments and identified the most attractive segments.
- Identified merger & acquisition candidates within those segments and recommended the most attractive candidates.
- Sponsor acted on the team s recommendations.
2004-2006 National consulting firm
- Earned an early promotion after performing successfully in stretch assignments.
- Achieved Green Belt certification by logging more than 500 hours of Lean project experience resulting in cost savings in excess of $1 million.
- Finance committee member
- Mentor, entrepreneurial education program
- Board member, County Manufacturers Association
- Board member, children welfare organization
- Steering committee, Workforce Development Initiative
Master of Business Administration from a top tier school
- President, Tauber Institute Student Advisory Board
- Leadership Development Student Advisory Board Member
College of Engineering from a state school
Bachelor of Science - Industrial Engineering
- Graduated Cum Laude with GPA of 3.67