MANAGED MARKETS | PRODUCT LAUNCH | SALES MANAGEMENT
STRATEGIC PLANNING & EXECUTION | SPECIALTY MARKETS
Strategic National / Regional Account Manager in Managed Markets and Specialty Markets with proven market access expertise securing positive formulary access, negotiating Regional & National contracts and developing strategic partnerships with a wide variety of payer channels including: Specialty Pharmacies, MCOs, PBMs, HMOs, State Government, Managed Medicaid, Medicare (Part B & D), IDN/Hospital accounts and Physician Organizations.
Accomplished Sales Team Leader with Award Winning success developing and leading high performing teams, starting up and turning around sales regions, executing managed care pull through strategies, and coaching and developing Divisional Sales Managers and Sales Representatives.
Launch Proficiency: Proven expertise in creating go-to-market launch strategies for 20+ new product launches in 18+ disease states. Successfully negotiated contracts, secured profitable formulary access, and developed successful pre/post launch pull through strategies in a highly advanced, complex and integrated healthcare marketplace.
Therapeutic Expertise: Oncology, IV-IM Injectable, Cystic Fibrosis, Gastroenterology, Pain Management, Neurology, Dermatology, Infectious Disease, Respiratory, Urology, CNS, Rheumatology, Cardiology, Addiction Medicine, Women's Health, ENT, Pediatrics, and Palliative Care.
* Market Access Strategy
* Product Launch Expertise
* National / Regional Contracting
* Specialty Pharmacy
* Oncology, CF, IV & IM Injectable
* Exceptional Networker
* Award Winning Leadership Skills
* Top Sales Performer
* Business Development Expert
* Group Presentation Excellence
* KOL / Advocacy Development
* Sales Expansions & Co-Promotes
* Sales Management Expertise
* Sales Force Effectiveness
* Sales Staffing, Training & Coaching
* Leadership Development
* Team Building & Motivation
* Marketing & Brand Development
ACTAVIS PLC | FOREST PHARMACEUTICALS INC July 1998 - Present
Actavis plc (NYSE:ACT) is a global, integrated specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing, manufacturing and distributing generic, brand and biosimilar products. Actavis has well established franchises in the therapeutic areas of GI, Respiratory / COPD, Oncology, Cystic Fibrosis, Pain Management, Urology, CNS, Addiction Medicine, Cardiovascular, Infectious Disease, Dermatology, Rheumatology, and Women's Health - generating more than $15B in net sales annually. Actavis acquired Forest Laboratories (NYSE:FRX) and Allergan, Inc. (NYSE:AGN) in 2014.
National / Regional Account Manager - Managed Markets and Specialty Markets - New England (Jan 2010 - Present)
After many years of award winning sales leadership experience, promoted to business development role to cultivate and sustain long-term relationships with Managed Care Organizations. Develop contracting strategies that establish clinical and financial value, improve and preserve profitable formulary access, and network across accounts and industry to expand customer contacts and relationships.
Key Accounts: BCBS MA; BCBS RI; Harvard Pilgrim; Tufts Health Plan; Fallon Health Plan; Neighborhood Health Plan (MA, RI); BMC HealthNet; Anthem; Network Health; Magellan; Health New England; Senior Whole Health; Medicaid (MA, NH, ME, RI); PBMs (Goold Health Systems - National, CVS Health, ESI / Medco, Catamaran); ACOs / IDNs (Partners, Atrius, & Steward); Specialty Pharmacy (Village Pharmacy, Apothecary)
* Following Actavis / Forest merger, assumed additional responsibility for Specialty Pharmacy, Cystic Fibrosis, Oncology, and Injectables.
* Generated strong relationships with key accounts and successfully led contract negotiations for 25+ products. Secured wins for Tudorza, Linzess, Daliresp, Viibryd, Lexapro, Namenda, Savella, Bystolic and Teflaro, leading to unprecedented level of unrestricted T2, T3 and PDL access and profitability within key strategic accounts.
* Successfully negotiated contracts and developed strategic plans to secure formulary wins and extensions with Goold Health Systems, a large national Medicaid PBM representing accounts in NH, ME, VT, NJ, MS, GA, WV, AL, IL, MN, ND, SD, IA, WY, OR, and UT.
* Collaborate with Regional Directors, Specialty Market Directors, Area Business Directors, Sales Managers, Sales Representatives, and with Brand Marketing to create sales direction for successful field sales push / pull through tactics and training that generates results.
* Spearheaded national field force collaboration between Managed Markets and Field Sales Leadership, resulting in better communication, collaboration, and execution of sales results.
* Selected by Managed Markets National Sales Director to develop Mentorship Program and to participate in Incentive Compensation Task Force resulting in the successful training and development of newly hired Account Managers and National Compensation reform.
* Ranked in Top 20% of Account Managers in FY 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14; Recipient of Outstanding Leadership Award in FY 11, 12, and 13.
Regional Sales Manager Specialty Markets - MA, ME, NH, VT, NY, RI, CT (May 2006 - Dec 2009)
Directed all sales efforts for the Specialty Region consisting of the following geographical marketplace: MA, NH, RI, ME, VT & NY. Recriuted, trained, coached, motivated and developed a 10-member promoted Specialty Sales Group. Provided sales direction, managed human resources issues, compliance regulations, and an annual promotional budget.
* Consistently recognized for demonstrating outstanding ability in the following areas; establishing goals with clear priorities, guiding team performance, engaging others through active and visible communication, role modeling personal effectiveness, inspiring and empowering others to achieve goals, providing constructive feedback and coaching, and influencing with impact and producing results.
* Consistently performed in the top 20% of sales including an 8 out of 26 finish in FY2008.
* Hired, coached and developed 8 individuals who were promoted into leadership positions as Sales Managers and Regional Trainers.
* Ranked in Top 20% Nationally in FY 06, 07, and 08.
* Recipient of Outstanding Leadership Awards in FY 07 and 08.
* Selected as one of 12 Managers (of 72 nationally) to participate in Executive Advanced Leadership Development Program.
Senior Divisional Sales Manager - MA, RI (Jan 2002 - Apr 2006)
Recruited, trained, and developed 10-member sales team through individual coaching and motivation, resulting in successful representative performance and career development.
* Consistently received outstanding performance evaluations demonstrating key strengths in the areas of personnel development, performance management, problem solving, communication and collaboration, managed care knowledge, recruitment and selection and administration.
* Recruited, hired and trained over 45 sales representatives during two sales force expansions.
* Ranked in Top 20% Nationally in FY 03, 04, and 05.
* Recipient of Outstanding Leadership Awards in FY 04 and 05.
Specialty Sales Representative - MA, RI (Jan 2001 - Jan 2002)
Called on Neurologists, Psychiatrists, Cardiologists, Endocrinologists, and Pulmonologists, achieving strong performance, consistent results, and recognition of outstanding leadership skills.
* Ranked # 2 of 132 Specialty Reps in FY 02.
* Recipient of Presidents Club Award and Specialty Rep of Year Award in FY 02.
Medical Sales Representative - Southeastern MA (Jul 1998 - Jan 2001)
Called on Specialists, Internists and Hospitals exhibiting strong selling skills, territory management skills, and product knowledge, resulting in strong business results and leadership.
* Ranked in Top 10% Nationally in FY 99, 00, and 01.
* Awarded three Representative of the Quarter Awards in FY 99, 00, and 01.
MCI Telecommunications - Boston, MA (1996 - 1998) Sales Development Manager; B2B sales for a portfolio of high technology products
REDY Advertising - Boston, MA (1994 - 1996) Advertising Sales Representative; award winning B2B sales results in MA, RI, and CT for startup
Hynes Convention Center - Boston, MA (1991 - 1994) Operations Manager; coordinated large national and international conventions
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
Bachelor of Arts, University of Massachusetts, 1991
Double Major: Sociology / Political Science Minor: Economics
Professional Training: Targeted Selection - Interviewing, Recruitment, and Hiring for Results; Situational Leadership / Coaching - The Ken Blanchard Companies; Dale Carnegie Leadership Program; Platinum Rule / Myers Briggs - People Management Skills; Managed Care Advisory Training; Team Effectiveness Training (Developing Culture Focused on Trust, Candor, Commitment); Training People for Leadership Results; Progressive Discipline Training