MARKETING & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
Sales & marketing executive with strong track record of identifying new business opportunities and delivering revenue growth & shareholder value for companies ranging from start-up / venture capital backed to global Fortune 50. Ability to recognize and capitalize on early market trends by:
- Commercializing products, developing go-to-market plans to expand product portfolios and market share, leading sales & marketing functions and delivering revenue and profit objectives.
- Structuring distribution relationships, capitalizing on networks and business connections, negotiating and implementing complex technology, marketing and channel sales partnerships.
- Building and leading high performing global teams and possessing the executive presence to collaborate with CEOs, CXOs and Board Members on key business priorities.
- Strategic Alliances, Channels & Distribution
- Direct, Inside & Outside Sales & Marketing
- P&L Management - Product Marketing & Messaging
- New Product Introductions and Launches
- Financial Analysis / Business Planning
- Operations Management
- Corporate Development / M&A
FLYWHEEL ADVISORS INC., Cary, NC 2014 Present
Founder & Principal
Started professional services firm focused on generating revenue momentum for high-growth technology companies. Serve as part-time sales & marketing executive for clients with emphasis on identifying routes to market, commercializing product portfolio and building sales teams & marketing capabilities. Engagements include:
- 3D Printer Manufacturer: Leading 550% Y/Y revenue growth, establishing direct and indirect distribution channels, leading all sales & marketing activities and building operational processes to support growth.
- Election Process Automation Platform (SaaS): Expanding companys sales footprint and driving sales efficiency through build-out of both a referral / reseller program (recruitment and partner sales pipeline management) and segmented in-bound marketing & sales programs.
- Consumer Online Tax Platform (SaaS): Led expansion of business from direct to consumer into white-label / partner distribution. Grew revenue 1400% per year over 5 year period, securing multi-year partnerships with leading tax service companies.
LENOVO GROUP, Morrisville, NC / Beijing, China 2008 2014
Director, Global Alliances (2009 2014)
Supporting companys CEO, led key technology & distribution partnerships across entire corporation (product organizations and sales segments - consumer, commercial & enterprise).
- Expanded profit margins across entire notebook PC portfolio (consumer & commercial), orchestrating shift from a single processor source (Intel) to dual-sources (Intel, AMD). Developed global business case, provided decision support to senior leadership team (CEO and reports), negotiated / implemented billion dollar agreements and managed implementation across all product and sales groups.
- Secured new strategic alliances with leading global e-commerce & content partners (Amazon.com), memory suppliers (Samsung) and Enterprise Hardware / Networking partners with multi-million dollar partner investments.
Alliance Director, Consumer Business Group (2008 2009)
Recruited to lead business development and partnerships for companys newly launched global consumer PC business, reporting to senior executives in US and China.
- Expanded company's revenue footprint by leveraging relationships with key alliance partners (Intel, Microsoft, AMD, McAfee). Secured over $32 million in marketing and cost rebates to support expansion into mature markets (US, UK, France) and emerging markets (India, Brazil, Mexico, ASEAN, Turkey).
- Secured new distribution partnerships for mobile computing products through repositioning product portfolio and securing deals with multi-national mobile / cellular companies (AT&T, Telcel, America Movil).
DELL, INC., Round Rock, TX 2002 2008
Alliance Marketing Lead US Consumer and Small & Medium Business (2005 2008)
Tasked by Divisions General Manager to identify new product opportunities and turnaround neglected marketing partnerships with Intel and Microsoft for Dells U.S Consumer Segment ($14 billion annual revenues) and Small and Medium Business divisions. Received multiple awards for outstanding performance including Q4, FY2007 MVP of the Quarter.
- Exceeded sales & awareness targets by developing partner go-to-market strategies; leading marketing campaigns totaling $400+ million across broadcast, catalog, online and print in a three year period.
- Secured $98 million of incremental co-marketing investment over a two-year period (44% annual growth), ensuring alignment with Dells business and brand objectives.
Business (General) Manager, TV Shopping US Consumer (2002 2005)
Recruited to grow Dells TV Retail distribution partnerships, increasing direct sales and brand awareness of Dells computer and consumer electronics categories. Full ownership of $70MM P&L with accountability for contract negotiation and maintenance; partner management (buyer/executive); offer development and pricing; on-air spokesperson; and brand stewardship in all advertising and promotions.
- Established Dell as the leading TV retail computer supplier securing distribution agreements with all major TV shopping networks (QVC, HSN, ShopAtHome and ShopNBC).
- Grew revenues by 500% ($13.7MM FY2004, $69.8MM FY2005), over-delivered on operating income commitments, and met / exceeded product fulfillment and service delivery benchmarks.
- Launched eBay retail storefront generating $10 million in first years sales, earning eBays Platinum Power Seller status based on sales volume and customer satisfaction ratings.
STRATAPARTNERS, L.L.C., Manchester, MA 2001 2002
Founder / Managing Director
Launched management consulting firm for early / mid stage ventures. Client engagements included:
- Online Embroidery Specialist: Developed brand marketing and partnership strategy which led to client secure a multi-channel retailing partnership with a leading office supply retailer.
- Digital Outdoor Advertising Firm: Developed initial business plan including investment raise, market penetration plans, and detailed financial / valuation projections.
CMGI, INC., Andover, MA 1998 2001
Prominent holding company investing in Internet infrastructure and consumer online services.
Director, Business Development - NaviSite, Inc. (NASD: NAVI) (2000 2001)
Senior Manager, Technology & Content Licensing Business Development MyWay.com (1999 2000)
Product Manager, E-Commerce MyWay.com (1998 1999)
INTERZINE PRODUCTIONS, INC., Boca Raton, FL 1995 1998
Venture-backed, award winning online sports content and directory publisher, acquired by Time, Inc.
Manager, Marketing & Business Development (1997 1998)
Associate Producer / Producer (Employee #5) (1995 1997)
M.B.A., International Business, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL
B.A., Political Science, Boston University, Boston, MA
PROFESSIONAL / COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP
NC Council for Entrepreneurial Development (CED), Board of Directors, Venture Mentor (2010 Present)
Association for Corporate Growth, Member (2014 Present)
Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina, Carolina Challenge, Judge, (2009 Present)